yyys123
Viscount
Viscount

really committed on

Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:06 am

DENVER -- The Boston Bruins became the first NHL team to clinch a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs. And they did it by refusing to get ahead of themselves. Patrice Bergeron and Carl Soderberg each had a goal, Chad Johnson stopped 31 shots for his third career shutout, and the Bruins beat the Colorado Avalanche 2-0 on Friday night for their 11th win in a row. "We dont really worry about how many weve won or who were playing in one day or two days," Johnson said. "We just worry about whos next. Thats sort of where our mindset is. Just staying in the moment, I think, is the biggest key to our success right now." Boston defenceman Zdeno Chara said clinching a post-season berth wont alter that mindset. "We still have to play our hockey, really focusing on the little details going into the playoffs, and not getting satisfied and complacent," he said. "We just still have to push our team to the best, maximum results." Johnson was at the centre of their latest success, which pushed their point total to 101, the 21st time the team has reached the 100-point threshold. "He made some saves that helped us a lot," Boston defenceman Dougie Hamilton said. "I thought he played really well." Colorado pulled goalie Semyon Varlamov for an extra attacker with five minutes remaining but couldnt avert its first shoutout of the season. The Avalanche had scored at least once in 80 straight games since their previous shutout last April 6 at Phoenix. "They slowed us down and they did a good job," Colorados Matt Duchene said of Boston. "We hadnt been shut out all year. Usually, it happens against great teams." Colorado, which handed Boston its only shutout of the season on Oct. 10, was the last NHL team to be blanked this season. "I thought our play was very positive," Avalanche coach Patrick Roy said. "We had a lot of good chances early on. Except for maybe the first six or seven minutes of the start of the third, I thought we played better than them. Their goalie played really well. He made some great saves." Johnson turned away a flurry of shots in the final minutes and delivered two key saves in the second period, using his glove to stop Nathan MacKinnons shot on a breakaway and stuffing Jan Hejdas shot from up close with his upper body. "They had some good chances there in the second, and I just tried to be in position and make the saves when I thought I could," said Johnson, who improved to 10-0-1 in his last 11 starts, a career-best point streak that includes a pair of shutouts. With the Bruins on the power play, Loui Eriksson passed to Soderberg in the lower right circle for a wrist shot into the upper corner of the net on Varlamovs stick side. That made it 2-0 at 13:11 of the second period. Boston also struck in the first. Bergeron slipped through Colorados defence, taking a pass from Hamilton in the slot and firing a shot that Varlamov stopped. But the rebound trickled out, and Bergeron knocked the loose puck back into the net at 5:12. "He made a good play to go to the net. I just put it in to him," Hamilton said. "He hit him right in the chest and he had a good finish off of that. I was pretty happy to have that there." NOTES: The Bruins win streak is the longest since a 13-game run in the 1970-71 season. ... Avs C John Mitchell sat out for a second time after leaving Tuesdays game at Montreal with a back injury. He remains day to day. ... Colorado D Erik Johnson turned 26 on Friday. ... Boston hasnt lost since a 4-2 defeat to Washington on March 1. ... The Bruins have also won their last six road games and earned a point in their past 13 (10-0-3). ... Boston has won its last three games in Denver. Ahkello Witherspoon Super Bowl Jersey .com) - Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeVeon Bell, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Elvis Dumervil and New England Patriots punter Ryan Allen were selected as the AFCs top players for Week 14 of the NFL season. Y.A. Tittle Super Bowl Jersey . Rob Klinkhammer and Mikkel Boedker scored 63 seconds apart in the first period for the Coyotes, who handed the Kings their third straight loss and took over sole possession of eighth place in the Western Conference. Mike Smith made 36 saves. http://www.authenticsf49erspro.com/Dre-greenlaw-49ers-jersey/ . The agreement comes a little more than one week after the video game manufacturer agreed to a $40 million settlement in a similar but separate case, bringing the total payout planned for athletes to $60 million, said Steve Berman, an attorney for the plaintiffs, and the NCAA. Jeff Wilson Super Bowl Jersey . 1 overall pick in the draft by the Houston Texans, is recovering from sports hernia surgery. Richie James Super Bowl Jersey .The other side of the Bruins special teams unit delivered in the end.Gregory Campbell netted the game-winner with less than 10 minutes remaining and the Bruins fended off a late four-minute San Jose power play to earn a wild 5-3 win over the Sharks.Sacramento, CA (SportsNetwork.com) - Rudy Gay had 28 points and nine rebounds in the Sacramento Kings 104-83 rout of the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Darren Collison made a career-high five 3-pointers en route to 24 points for the Kings, who snapped a 12-game losing streak against Oklahoma City. DeMarcus Cousins contributed 23 points and 15 rebounds. I thought tonight was the first night in a long time where we really committed on the defensive end, Collison said. I dont know if it was the stage of the game playing a team like OKC, but I thought our urgency was really high tonight. Kevin Durant ended with 24 points and nine boards for the Thunder, who have dropped two straight. Reggie Jackson had 14 points and Serge Ibaka tallied 11 points, 10 rebounds and a season-high eight blocks. Dion Waiters scored four points on 1-of-9 shooting in his debut with Oklahoma City, which acquired him from the Cleveland Cavaliers as part of a three-team deal on Monday in exchange for a first-round pick. The Thunder dealt Lance Thomas to the New York Knicks as partt of the trade.dddddddddddd. Ahead 11-7 midway through the first quarter, the Kings created some distance with a 14-0 run. Cousins scored the final nine points of the surge to make it 25-7. We found the good shots but couldnt hit them tonight, Durant said. When you get down 25-7 thats when you start to rush and turn the ball over. So we have to go back to the drawing board and get our next one. The Thunder responded with nine straight points, but trailed 28-16 heading to the second. Sacramento led by as many as 16 in the second and took a 53-43 edge into the locker room. The Kings put the game out of reach with a 17-7 run to start the third quarter. Collison recorded eight points during the burst that Cousins capped with a layup for a 70-50 advantage. It was 78-57 heading to the fourth. Game Notes The Kings started a six-game homestand ... Cousins got his fourth technical of the season late in the first quarter arguing a no-call ... Oklahoma City turned the ball over 24 times, leading to 26 Sacramento points. ' ' '