sunbow
Baron
Baron

Re: Rune Stones for Linari, Events, Chests

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

it is not 100%, do the maths.

1 rune has 13% on (heroes / garrisons / army) and there are 46 slots.

see my other post, it was fun to meet you guys!

Blacklegionary
Knight
Knight

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:13 pm

I'd be fine if we are separated from the Chinese community. Currently they are buying packs for much lower price than us. Going against them is a waste of time and money.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:20 pm

The only balanced game (the temple) has gone in the ass. Damn company, I do not know why we keep playing and making these fucking Chinese richer. Now you can buy 6 runes every 8 hours ...

Grailyn
Knight
Knight

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Runes in shop is bad but it's the chests that is really bad as there is no limit of any kind there. Some of the mega whales likely alreday have there entire temples maxed as $10k is a normal week for some of them.

Kaz
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:01 pm

Wallet of conquest

beadmu
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Grailyn wrote:
Runes in shop is bad but it's the chests that is really bad as there is no limit of any kind there. Some of the mega whales likely alreday have there entire temples maxed as $10k is a normal week for some of them.

Just now, i bought 3 mithril chests and got 3 rune stones. Imagine multiplying those odds without limit. The whales must be having a field day now.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Bhaphomet wrote:
...I just dont like that all these companies call themselves game pros - who love gaming and just do the games for the players ... lol ... bullshiat ... they simply do it for the money ... and thats why they cant come up with a great concept ...

... just too bad another nice concept corrupted by the urge to make revenue the quick way ...

Please remember that games like wow are p2p. It's easy to put some cool 'extras' in that are only cosmetic when you have a monthly income. Games likes AoC are f2p. It cost's nothing to play it. If you ambitious enough, you can eventually work you way to level cap and be just as competitive as the p2w players... be it may take you years longer.

Lilith is a great company, one I've been watching for years. They invest heavily into ideas and AoC was an idea with some serious risky gonads attached to it. Most games have you focus your character development in a PvE setting.... even wow. AoC is more like a giant game of risk where your pitted against players for board domination... not ai.

I say risk because the development and publishing of a game like AoC is not cheap. Pushes over a million easy. People who come back and nit pick over a f2p game charging 9.99 for a new hero or $99.99 for an oober chest of crystals make me sad for those that have invested so heavily into it. Have they even broken even on the investment by this point? I don't know.

I hope so, I would like to see the game grow and grow :)
LightStorm

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 pm

already seeing people with 2x hp on thier troops an hour after patch.

Kaz
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:09 pm

LightStorm wrote:
Bhaphomet wrote:
...I just dont like that all these companies call themselves game pros - who love gaming and just do the games for the players ... lol ... bullshiat ... they simply do it for the money ... and thats why they cant come up with a great concept ...

... just too bad another nice concept corrupted by the urge to make revenue the quick way ...

Please remember that games like wow are p2p. It's easy to put some cool 'extras' in that are only cosmetic when you have a monthly income. Games likes AoC are f2p. It cost's nothing to play it. If you ambitious enough, you can eventually work you way to level cap and be just as competitive as the p2w players... be it may take you years longer.

Lilith is a great company, one I've been watching for years. They invest heavily into ideas and AoC was an idea with some serious risky gonads attached to it. Most games have you focus your character development in a PvE setting.... even wow. AoC is more like a giant game of risk where your pitted against players for board domination... not ai.

I say risk because the development and publishing of a game like AoC is not cheap. Pushes over a million easy. People who come back and nit pick over a f2p game charging 9.99 for a new hero or $99.99 for an oober chest of crystals make me sad for those that have invested so heavily into it. Have they even broken even on the investment by this point? I don't know.

I hope so, I would like to see the game grow and grow :)

well, the whole ftp design is flawed ... (it should rather be called pteotp - play to entertain others that pay) I rather play a p2p game and invest 10$ per month, if I get a fair and balanced game environment. what is the use in playing in an game environment that allows players to "cheat" their way up ... thats like buying a goal in a football match ... simply a stupid concept.

but well its the consumers fault to accept concepts like that ... "geiz ist geil" mentality ... thats what it delivers to you.

I rather pay and only play with other players that payand have a fair environment thats based on skill or time investment than play a shitty game concept thats ftp ... I dont play ftp anyway ... as I always pay for playing, even if I have the choice to not pay ... just to support a good idea. I would be totally ok with conveniance and eyecandy benefits. I dont need to be able to buy my way to the top ... I either get there by skill and determination or I dont belong there ...

just my 2ct

at first glance AoC promised to be different despite not being completely ptp ... patron made me think, it would be fair. but yes patron should be mandatory .. dont wanna pay that fee, well you cant play at all. if all that want to play would pay that small fee, there wouldnt be a need for that ptw concept in the first hand.

on the topic:

the temple mayorly fooked up game balance even more than stats boni from heroes ... by about 3 to 4 times as much ... seeing the total boni one maxed out rune is likely to give rather 5-10 times ...