Esquire
Knight
Knight

Tier 12 Perk Increased Unit Size More Curse than Boon?

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Just curious what others think about this perk. I personally find it to be cumbersome fitting in all the gold units I want with the increased gold cap taken up. I feel like the perk would really shine if it added the units without increasing cap usage, but as it currently exists it is more a handicap than a benefit. The only unit where I feel this might not be the case would be blasters, as the extra 2 units per stack can help with maximizing damage while also maximizing hero space.

In fact, many people I've discussed this with just don't put the final point into T12 research to continue to maximize their cap efficiency. It just seems like a waste of a perk if people don't use it because the negatives outweigh the benefits.

ChipHarold
Knight
Knight

Re: Tier 12 Perk Increased Unit Size More Curse than Boon?

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:53 pm

yes its arguable. Support told me that may add a way to toggle it.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:37 am

It will totally mess up my human cap... Not a problem for blasters,scorps or kings with enough heroes.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:15 am

i think its bad in most cases if you are running that troop as a gold unit. For silvers, its clearly better to have the max perk, but you may end up swapping from lich, which runs silver scorps, to human which will now require 12 more gold cap to finish out a sword line. Definitely a double edged sword and should be able to be toggled.

Destination

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:40 pm

It is great for silver units.

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Destination wrote:
It is great for silver units.

Agreed. It shines for races that use silver frontlines, like mech and lich. I think the best solution is a toggle so the player chooses when it is active.