noobone
Squire
Squire

Time challenges event...

Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 pm

These few weeks have so many time challenge events, great. Fun stuff.

But as you all know lich players are really bad with these time challenges... My suggestion to balance things out make some different type of challenges. you could get creative with this. For example: Like battles that get increasingly more difficult in waves. The further you'll get, the better the reward. Or the longer you'll survive, the better the score.

Also the events tend to favor he TOP players way more. Meaning the gap between the strongest and the weakest will grow even more! Hopefully you are open to creating events with no pay to win mindset. So weaker players CAN win. So the gap can close a bit and things can balance out more. Maybe you can divide the players into groups depending on their castle level, research power and heroes power. Each groups gets to challenge a different difficulty

Jamie
Squire
Squire

Re: Time challenges event...

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:45 am

Addressing your first point, pretty much only humans are going to place the fastest time. However every time we've had a timed event, liches have gained the most because they're able to resurrect free high tier units for their garrison. I think these events are balanced well enough because each event favors a different class. For example seige events favor dwarfs, speed events favor humans/lich (RIP rakans).

To address your second point, I think there should be a distinction made between events and contests, contests are supposed to be competitive,and although your idea to tier off players is good, it will eventually lead to just players with identical castle level, research and heros and then it becomes a contest to see who can log in first. Another problem is if you tier off the playerbase in these contests you also have to come up with a solution for troop loans

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:55 am

No troop loans, here's the only solution needed.
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

noobone
Squire
Squire

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:42 am

I didnt give you 'THE SOLUTION', i just wanted to point out that the current events/contest increase the gap even bigger. Lillith needs to step up .... unless they just want the whales to spend even more and thats it.
There are so many possiblities dude... Turn off the troop loans for the specific contest for example like mentioned above.

The contest could also take place in another dimension, like the void. So you wont lose your troops. By dividing the server into groups you give them a challenge depending on which group they belong. This group should be decided carefully and as fairly as possible (like what i suggested but this part is the hardest). Example !!! contest: 5 different challenges to achieve as many points as possible. Next to 'time' you could add 'injuries', losses, fewest heroes etc. The better you score in YOUR group the more points you deserve. Which could result to a lvl 20 dude to get more points then a lvl 35 if you do it right...

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:04 pm

noobone wrote:
... unless they just want the whales to spend even more and thats it.

Thats obviously the case and there are plenty of tools like Tactical retreat that allows cashcows to bronze your castle for free anytime. There is no such thing like gap because we aren't supposed to stand a chance by design.

Your suggestions are good but to stop borrows only for event doesn't seem possible or they would have to disable for everything else. Void don't have statistics and I doubt any void based events are going to happen.

Destination

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:12 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
noobone wrote:
... unless they just want the whales to spend even more and thats it.

Thats obviously the case and there are plenty of tools like Tactical retreat that allows cashcows to bronze your castle for free anytime. There is no such thing like gap because we aren't supposed to stand a chance by design.

Your suggestions are good but to stop borrows only for event doesn't seem possible or they would have to disable for everything else. Void don't have statistics and I doubt any void based events are going to happen.

you could just make borrowed troops not usable in these fights. Thats the same mechanic as with 100% injury rate borrows.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Yep it may work for those gifts, ale, mech events but wouldn't this make it even harder for lower levels or lich players? This will only benefit those who have full gold army by themselfs and limit even more players.
We need simple ideas that don't require too much extra coding...
I was thinking of 2 events at the same time limited by castle level. But problem is that they apply to all realms... I can't imagine of any per race/level event that will go well in newer and older realms. Void event also seems impossible because many already finished it. There are not "many possiblities" as it has to be global event. May be its possible to limit them by scoreboard... so lets say first 100 in power do 1 hard event and those bellow do easier event.

Destination

Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:58 pm

not saying that it would be good to do it, just that it is mechanically possible.
Tbh i dont think there is a way to really balance these kind of events in a game like aoc.