Bisera
Squire
Squire

Server 17-33 Merge - Migration has Broken the Game

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Please note that as predicted your migration and alliance mechanics have been abused and the 10 days of joy we had while migration was closed is now over and the server merge is a complete flop.

Please fix.

Also, can we get some feedback from 1-16? Did the same thing happen?

Kennan
Baron
Baron

Re: Server 17-33 Merge - Migration has Broken the Game

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

blame players like mag1c!
I'm just a professional.. so let's have a map refresh each 8 week!
Server 56
"lets NERF NERF NERF! Everything is OP OP OP !"

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:56 pm

The funniest part is when you read the world chat and see people saying that migration is also a form of conquest, like... really?

Niquette
Baron
Baron

Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:44 pm

I just saw the map of the merged servers. It is bullshit. Everyone has to migrate ... But for what purpose? In one day you have just broken months of games. It's completely stupid. Everything was done so that even if you are destroyed you can come back into the game to beat you again and again. But it's amazing. The players have to kill themselves their possibilities ... Do not complain now. You will farm again soon and Forever !
Server 38
Rakan

Sparkles
Knight
Knight

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:59 am

Yes, this was predicted and completely inevitable. Trying to convince players to not move to a kingdom where they have the biggest advantage is not going to happen. In server 17 we conquered (through force, not migration) the map over 5 months ago. Some of us have waited 5 months for a merge and end to PvE and it's over within 10 days thanks to a broken mechanic that everyone has announced was broken multiple times.

tonzkie04
Knight
Knight

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:34 am

It was already predicted that once the winning side is certain everyone will move there.

Niquette
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:21 am

For me it is unthinkable to abandon my gaming friends. How is it possible to be a top player and to do that to these partners. Traitors. They are traitors. They deserve nothing except game over.
Server 38
Rakan

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:45 pm

It's just a sad cascading effect that happens due to human cowardice and a terrible migration system. If you see a strong member from your side migrating over, and then a bunch of others, you will get worried your side will lose and if you take too long you won't be able to migrate and will be forever locked out of that kingdom.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:06 pm

I wrote this in the thread wherein Devs got a warning that a super house was about to be founded on the merge server (10th of Nov):

this server merge is going to end in a mess :-) looking forward to it :-) maybe devs wake up after that and come up with something cool ... i doubt it though.

it could be that easy ... just devide players evenly among all kingdoms (deciding factor is power) and all is good.

just need to figure out a decent ruleset for that.

example of a possible ruleset:

- each kingdom gets kingdom power value / kingdom power value = cumulated power of all accounts in that kingdom

- an account that is inactive for 10+ days gets deactivated (it can be reactivated by the player at any time) - deactivated accounts do NOT count towards the power calculation - once the account is reactivated, its power gets factored in again - player might be forced to join a different kingdom then as he can only join the weakest kingdom

- account is inactive 5-10 days: only1/3rd of its power gets factored in

- account is active: full amount of power gets factored in

- new players can only join the kingdom with the lowest amnount of cumulated power

- players can only migrate to the kingdom with the lowest amnount of cumulated power

- give players the option to set themselves to "holidays mode" (might be buyable for linari, lets say 100 linari per week or maybe even ressources) - during holidays mode only 50% of his current power will be factored in - if a player doesnt come back from holiday mode (must be actively be deactivated by the player) that account goes straight to deactivated mode

Voila!

Yeah the ruleset for a server merge is a bit more complicated, because friends/housemates dont want to be seperated, but in the end server health is more important than that. players can migrate later (same ruleset - only able to migrate to weakest kingdom) - some seperated friends might even decide to reunite in a weaker kingdom.

your algorythm for a server merge could start with houses. start by putting complete houses into kingdoms first (according to the power ruleset) - make it as even as possible, then give all players the option to move to a weaker kingdom for a reward (linari, ressources, items whatever you can come up with) to make an incentive - only keep this incentive active as long as the powerbalance is off. once the powerbalance is about to be even or close to even deactive that feature.

the merged server will balance itself. people could even work out a pact to exchange player x for player y.

voila!

Took me 15 mins to write this up ... yeah there might be loopholes to my suggestion (people are inventive when it comes to circumventing rules) but you can adopt later on. This ruleset is better than no ruelset at all though - like now, which led to the complete disbalance in power among the different kingdoms on a server.

P.S.: it might be needed to factor in high powered players more than low powered players, this can be implemented by using a multiplicator. for example: castle lvl 1-10 no multiplicator, castle level 11-20 multiplicator = 1.2, castle level 21-30 multiplicator = 1.6, castle level 31-40 multiplicator = 2.0 - this is just out of my mind now and might not be the best values, but it can be adjusted. this was just to give you an idea.

On top I opened up a thread about an "end of game(round)" condition (that was even 2 weeks before that 27th of Sept):

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13661&p=52254#p52254

And a ton of other players gave their ideas for no charge on this board also.

All of that was either not being read or completely ignored by the devs, which in the end led to the new merged server suffering the same probs now than any servers before (just with way more players at the same time now) and all future servers will suffer the same shiat until something gets done about it ...

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:49 pm

I’m on Server 64. We are hoping we will get our own merge soon enough. We are going from server to server surrounding our own advocating a player controlled kingdom selection. The idea being to split the merged server between two kingdoms with an equal number of city’s on both sides. Players from both sides can hopefully migrate back and forth to keep it balanced.
LightStorm