TheOneTrueMorty
Squire
Squire

Re: Merge servers announcement killed our server

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:16 pm

I understand that it is not your fault, but I think this just goes to show again that Chinese and international servers need to be separated. The idiots received the announcement days before we did and we could not stop them from ruining it because we had no idea what was going on.

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:47 pm

If you changed the migrate conditions to total player power or some other non-easily-manipulable metric it might solve many of the migration problems that currently exist. Currently the whole drop-city-and-migrate tactic makes a mockery of the system and creates mega-kingdoms that are unhealthy for the game.

Weiss
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:42 pm

I think a solution is to make sure king bonuses are strong enough to incentivize multiple kingdoms. If the king & council positions provide faster progression than just having more territory, there will be players interested in staying in small kingdoms for those positions. That is my suggestion.

Zsolax
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:18 pm

What means the older servers ?
I play on the 109:Malax server. This server slowly going down. All small city filled up with 2-3 and the big cities with 7-10 player.
Everyone wait to the merge and whant more pvp and ploundering. Two kingdom left and all planing the battles against the other severs.
If our server not merged when we count other merges ? This is a strategic game so need official information to people and they can plan.

UnsulliedWarrior
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:39 pm

Yes , same scenario as my Server, We have been unified for about 2 weeks now, and it still no news on the merger date, Really quiet !

Blacklegionary
Knight
Knight

Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 am

That crap happened in server 83 as well. We were fine until a supposedly "girl" told us we are going to merged and that we must form a super kingdom to avoid being crushed by other servers. Now the good old server is dead.

Grey
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:55 am

my server, has sort of started the same transition, where 2 kingdom's are starting to form together in 1 mega kingdom.

the question I have is that we currently have people changing kingdom's when one falls behind. If one server is completely dominating the other, what happens then? can they transfer?

RACASGR
Squire
Squire

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:09 pm

More or less, this ambiguous announcement for "SERVER MERGE", altered almost all servers in games. I come from Realm 90 farstead where many yellows moved to orange (strongest color in realm), so they can grow safe and prepare for merge. It is not totally the end for the server like other i read and hear, but altered a lot the balance of the game. Adding the fact of migration glitch, that is the strongest color is defined only by number of cities and NOT the power of players, brings the game to a dead end.

I strongly believe Lilith Games did not put the proper attention on the announcement, that actually they are thinking of merging only very old servers at start. So when somebody sees, SERVER MERGE IS COMING, actually is getting prepared for this.

And regarding hengli comment that it is not their fault if players are making their own assumptions, friendly speaking always, keep in mind that wrong assumptions are derived from not clear announcements. So in my eyes it was not handled with care. I can understand your good intention to improve the game, but this announcement was wrong the way it was made, and now many realms are driven to an unbalanced situation.

I really hope you will find a way to resolve this messy situation, so we can start enjoying this great game again....

Kind Regards

Kostas
90 Farsteed
Castle 40
House: Yellow, 1FN

YaBoiTim
Squire
Squire

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 pm

sunbow wrote:
hengli, can you make sure the migration feature is turned off for merged servers? at least for a while (maybe a month)?

or change the logic so that the amount of cities is no longer the key to lock a kingdom, but the total power of all players in it (to prevent super kingdoms who can just drop cities to unlock themselves).

on 41 we had skarn as a super kingdom. it got so boring we gathered 35 active players to join an empty one. now most cities on the map are neutral. less rss for all, but a lot more fun for sure.

I don't like the idea because I'm not happy with my kingdom and when the merge happens I definitely don't wan't to stay in Dunwulf

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:20 pm

Realistically, merges won't accomplish anything and will be an extremely short-term fix. As you can see by the fact that fairly recent realms are also doing poorly. They will help for a little while, as there will be more people, then the realms will die down again. It's a structural problem of the game not really having any endgame or goal.