Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

new duel rules

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:15 am

IMPROVEMENTS TO DUEL
To further improve the rules governing duels, we have adjusted the Power requirement for initiating duels. At the same time, the side that initiates a duel must deploy enough units to reach a certain threshold of Power before the battle starts. If the threshold is not met when the countdown timer is over, it is considered that the player who initiated the duel is defeated.

you need to add one more rule:

The defender needs to be required to be bound to a minimum treshold of deployed power also - or lose the duel. the rule that all heroes are injured who did not take part in the fight needs to be removed - as it is utter nonsense. the one hour "cant do any PvP" is harsh enough. I would even go as far and say remove it, it was a bad idea to start with.

on top you should add a +- x castle levels requirement to the duel rules. for example: your own castle level +-4 levels. Means a player with level 20 castle level can only attack players with a castle level 16-24. this rule could be added to castle attacks also, but I think here it isnt really necessar - maybe even counterproductive ... for pvp it is needed to guarantee a fair game.

as you want to install a minimum power that needs to be deployed, I want to hint you towards a power maximum deployment cap (dependant on castle level) to prohibit people attacking with all gold troops in duels - this should only apply to duels not to sieges. for sieges you absolutely need all the gold troops you can get to be successfull.
Last edited by Bhaphomet on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Himma
Squire
Squire

Re: new duel rules

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:42 am

Bhaphomet wrote:
IMPROVEMENTS TO DUEL
on top you should add a +- x castle levels requirement to the duel rules. for example: your own castle level +-4 levels. Means a player with level 20 castle level can only attack players with a castle level 16-24. this rule could be added to castle attacks also, but I think here it isnt really necessar - maybe even counterproductive ... for pvp it is needed to guarantee a fair game.

as you want to install a minimum power that needs to be deployed, I want to hint you towards a power maximum (dependant on castle level) to prohibit people attacking with all gold troops in duels - this should only apply to duels not to sieges.

Hum.
I do not agree.

Example : I am level 25, and a level 20 is plundering one of my housemate, attacking our city..
=> I would even not able to kick him :o

This is just silly.
There is no fair, it is a conquering game. Weak people will be destroyed ! they need support from their stronger housemates that is all. It gives social matter to the game, and this is good and how it has to work. You cant just run all over the map at low level and keep being safe juste because "i am weak lol"..

Exploit :
Erase all your troop and keep 2 BIG GOLD troops.
You have no power, and you can plunder everyone without being attacked => Nice -_-

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 pm

it seems, you do want to bully weaker players and didnt understand what I wrote. *dont take it too serious, its not really meant serious*

let me explain:

a) whom you can attack depends on your castle level, NOT power, deleting all your troops but 2 gold wont do anything - aside from makeing you weaker ... you still wont be able to attack a low level castle player if your castle level is too high

b) the game is sozial, yeah, and I of course want to keep that.

so, you have a lower level plunder your comrade, well either get your friend online to defend himself or get another player of the level of that attacker and have him attack him OR you could ride over to HIS castle and pillage him as a meaning of revenge for your comrade, thats why there is a revenge button in the house UI.

but the example of yours shows applying that +-4 castle level to sieging is not a good idea - which I said above - it may be counterproductive - and your example shows it really is.

if you as a higher level player want to be the protector of lower levels you are robbing them of the experience of defending themselves and make them even weaker than they are. plus you do attack a weaker player who doesnt stand a chance against you. thats normally close to bullying.

my suggestion makes it important to have players of all castle levels around you to be able to react to all attacks your cities might get. it makes the lower level players important also ... as they are needed to fight back the lower lvl attackers. gives everybody a sense of being detrimental to be successfull as a house, not just the high levels, who simply punish all lowers alone and single handedly - thats no teamwork ... let everybody fight opponents that are in their reach to have interesting and challenging battles, not frustrating ones ...

sieging can be done by any level vs every level. but duels need to be fair game.

and you wont be running around the map unable to be attacked, cause the players with appropriate levels can and will attack you, BUT you will be save from being stomped senselessly into the ground by a player a 1000 times stronger than you are. IF you are being attacked you have a realistic chance to win, if your good at dueling and know the rules and tricks about heroes and units.

thats also the reason why both players - attacker and defender - need a minimum deployment figure AND a maximum deployment figure determined also by castle level. no more silly, i just use one hero and get away easily, you accept the duel, you will have to face the consequences. injured heroes and lost/injured troops. if you dont want to take any risk, dont do duels ...

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:16 pm

Any restrictions on dueling should be very limited. You are forgetting that this is a pvp game it its core. Players put in a ton of work to be higher power and deserve the rewards that come along with it. On top of that, every new player has the opportunity to play on a new server and keep up with the main group of players. That being said, there are plenty of changes that could help weaker players without restricting the high power players. This is the key... you need to avoid restricting high power players just because they are strong. For example, remove the energy penalty for lower players retreating from duels in their own territory. If you're in enemy territory, all rules apply. You can also reduce the amount of plunder available if there is a massive gap between attacker and defender castle level (since power is a fake stat).

dablu
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:24 pm

Pretty silly suggestion. especially in part of castle levels requirement to duels.
It's pvp game, if you dont want pvp, stay in safe zone near capital or play Happy Farm.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

Waylord
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:10 am

Grow up minimum might of troops for next attack for the same target.
I mean if first attack need 9.6k then second attack need to be 11.2k...third - 13.9 and so. In one day. Next day you can again attack with 9.6k might. For one person. Sometime i saw how one players attack 20 times and plunder all resources. Defence can`t help. if you have might 140k...you also can be plundered. Just one or two players kill all your troops in garrison then you lose all your resources, Need grow up might for next attack.

Blueynoes
Squire
Squire

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:31 am

Waylord wrote:
I mean if first attack need 9.6k then second attack need to be 11.2k...third - 13.9 and so. In one day. Next day you can again attack with 9.6k might. For one person. Sometime i saw how one players attack 20 times and plunder all resources. Defence can`t help. if you have might 140k...you also can be plundered. Just one or two players kill all your troops in garrison then you lose all your resources, Need grow up might for next attack.

Then stop hoarding so many resources. If you spend them they won't raid you. If you're worth attacking 20 times you're really doing it wrong.

dablu
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

Waylord wrote:

Ask defense, use shield, use healing speedups, or move to Capital. So many things to do.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder