Freezee
Knight
Knight

Gold archer with and without research

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:13 am

So I've been playing for about a month now with humans and honestly they are sort of boring me and I'm considering switching to dwarf. I'm about 2 days from gold archers for my wall and I will be for sure getting them. My question is this, if I switch to dwarf does my wall lose a significant amount of power from the loss of the research invested? I understand how it all works and how I no longer benefit but I just don't know how much efficiency is lost.

I know they are the best wall units you can have and because I'm so close I will be getting them for sure but if you have any info from experience or anything about how ineffective they do or do not become by switching races please let me know. I'm at 73k power and would lose around 25k for switching. I haven't decided f it's worth it or not so if you have an opinion on that feel free to let me know.

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Re: Gold archer with and without research

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:56 am

They will have pretty much the same power and will still rekt anything.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:02 pm

You lose 10% damage this isn't a huge loss when they are on walls but it can make the difference sometimes. As Hiems said. They will still pew pew better than anything else
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:31 pm

As stated above u won't lose much in term of attack/hp. As for your question if it is worth it or not depends. you will have to start all over agian in your research. You will have to farm all those resources agian and since that server is about a month old it may be a little hard to farm those resources back. Are you willing to accept that u will be behind in research? Cause keep in mind others will have research and good troops and you will only have the troops so you will be lacking in atleast 10% power then your teammates/enemies.
Last edited by Julianus on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:21 pm

Julianus wrote:
As stated above u won't lose much in term of attack/hp. As for your question if it is worth it or not depends. you will have to start all over agian in your research. You will have to farm all those resources agian and since that server is about a month old it may be a little hard to farm those resources back. Are you willing to accept that u will behind in research? Cause keep in mind others will have research and good troops and you will only have the troops so you will be lacking in atleast 10% power then your teammates/enemies.

This is where my questions come in. I'm ok with it since I don't do a lot of pvp and would be going dwarf for sieging power to help the house. But my worry is that dwarf will not be as helpful as I think and I will waste all of the time spent switching

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Then i would go Dwarf. What u also could do is spend all your resources on research that only benefits wall damage ( canons etc ) and dont research the stuff like riflemen etc. Have your house members borrow u units so u can fully focus on siege units.
-Julius Caesar

Esquire
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Freezee wrote:
Julianus wrote:
As stated above u won't lose much in term of attack/hp. As for your question if it is worth it or not depends. you will have to start all over agian in your research. You will have to farm all those resources agian and since that server is about a month old it may be a little hard to farm those resources back. Are you willing to accept that u will behind in research? Cause keep in mind others will have research and good troops and you will only have the troops so you will be lacking in atleast 10% power then your teammates/enemies.

This is where my questions come in. I'm ok with it since I don't do a lot of pvp and would be going dwarf for sieging power to help the house. But my worry is that dwarf will not be as helpful as I think and I will waste all of the time spent switching

Dwarf is the way to go for destroying castle walls and clearing out garrisons. Lich for PvP, humans for all around defense, dwarves for sieges. Although dwarves can PvP well too, their rocketeers with a strong tank/mech frontline is nasty, even against Lich.

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:18 pm

Although dwarves can PvP well too, their rocketeers with a strong tank/mech frontline is nasty, even against Lich.[/quote]
This is another big factor, it just doesn't seem like humans have the power necessary. And the fact that mos of their units have 24 per makes the hospital a pain compared to 7 scorps or 1 spider

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:27 pm

Freezee wrote:
Although dwarves can PvP well too, their rocketeers with a strong tank/mech frontline is nasty, even against Lich.

This is another big factor, it just doesn't seem like humans have the power necessary. And the fact that mos of their units have 24 per makes the hospital a pain compared to 7 scorps or 1 spider

True thats why i don't enjoy human that much. If like 5-7 of them die the other 18 or so run off.
-Julius Caesar

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:26 am

You can always switch back to humans, once you have researched and build the dwrafen units you want to have. Have to switch again about 4 castle levels later, but, well, the honor isnt being used for other stuff anyway and capped on top ... so you could also use it to switch back and forth, as you get your "old" human research back once you switch back ... in the end the optimum would be to have all races leveled up, isnt it ... go for it now ;-)

its fun to switch ... if you dont want to be the overpowered super guy with the small dick, that needs the attention of being the almighty dude on the server ...

... I play for fun and still I do my leveling up very effectively.