ultramage
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestion - Select All on Mystic Ruins

Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:36 pm

Arclight wrote:
ultramage wrote:
I just want to mention that a while back I reported a bug where I would get iOS notifications about ruins invites from members, but the ingame private chat window would be missing most or all of them if the game is already running in the background. I posted proof screenshots to support a few weeks ago and got confirmation, but I am not sure if anything was done about it.

That's not quite correct. As far as my experience goes, the notifications about the invites while the game is running in the backgroud still can be displayed. Try to force the chat to reload by either restarting the game or switching to guild or global channel.

Restarting fixes it, switching tabs does not iirc. The issue isn't with me - I always restart if I notice missing invites. It's with all my other members. They might not be aware they have pending requests, because they can't see them. Anyways, I have not seen this happen this week, but support has screenshots from me from november which show three invites in a row missing from the ingame UI.

Chinsukolo
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:08 am

Did you two (arc light and dues ex) not actually read his suggestion? He didn't say replace current list, he said add a select all. So you can continue to select individuals if you wish, or you could also select all.

A suggestion to add a button does not limit in anway your ability to keep selecting specific people. So don't nix suggestions just because you might not use them.

Erdrick
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:17 am

It does limit everyone else's ability to play. Put in that button, I promise you everyone will start using it. Guaranteed. How do I know? Sweep tickets. You can spend 20 seconds fighting or 3 seconds sweeping, people always choose the sweep.

And when you have 40+ people in a guild sending invites to *everyone*, all but the last 10 get bumped out of the chat window. Even if they expand the chat history, you would still spend time every day clicking through 40 invites looking for the first active one.

watakushi
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:14 pm

DeusEx wrote:
rufio wrote:
Yes! Please add this option in the next update!

It was already mentioned that is not viable. Why invite offline people if by the time the gey online it is almost certain the message has dissapeared from their feeds and you can't invite again.
Then there will be another suggestion that remove the invite all because of this xD

That could be solved by:
- Adding an "Invite all online" option.
- Extending the chat readable message limit.
- Deleting invites to ruins that are already cleared.

Also, sometimes I get the Ruins at night, with only 1, or no guildmates online, so I invite everyone so that the next morning it may be cleared (guildmates in western timezones)

Forsaken
Squire
Squire

Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 pm

I would also like to see a "Select All" option.

DeusEx
Viscount
Viscount

Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:31 pm

After yesterday's event's huge bug, that button would have been useful then xD

I could not enter Mystic in all day, and by the time I could at night, it was only for 3 more minutes and only 2 people online, then connected another one, who could not finish on time. So, OK, I changed my mind just because of that xD ...