Unity
Knight
Knight

Getting Rid Of Cara

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:16 am

Point blank, I need help on defeating teams with Cara.

Every time I draw a party where Cara is on the roster, I always lose. It's her Cage Of Eternity Ultimate that infuriates me. Once she traps your hero with this Ultimate, your hero is dead. Even if you have perfect health, or if you plan ahead with a healer like Flora or Jasmine, you're still dead. In my experience with facing her, I've been in situations where when both parties are down to one hero each, Cara always beats me out. This is regardless of promotion, level or equipment. In the Treasure Cave, I've actually had to hire mercenaries just to beat her. In fact, I have more wins whenever my party features a commissioned hero against Cara-based teams as opposed to beating her outright without a mercenary.

If only there was a hero who could counter or effectively make the Cage Of Eternity useless. Once Cara's cage is active, there is nothing to stop it - she's actually invincible until the hero dies.

How can I defeat teams with Cara? More importantly, how do I get to her first?

Kronus
Baron
Baron

Re: Getting Rid Of Cara

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:32 am

dokras says hi

Lockhart
Baron
Baron

Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:41 pm

Yup. As an avid user of Cara and Garrick, Dokras tends to infuriate me to no end. His hedgehogs always take the big hits like Garrick's charged attacks and Cara's cage which essentially neuters the big draw for using either character.
Server: 090 Spartan Dagger
Guild: Leader of AVALANCHE - 50579

Zentor
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:37 pm

It annoys me even more when Cara cages hedgehogs, who are in the midst of being spawned.

InhaleExhale
Baron
Baron

Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:04 pm

Screenshot_2016-08-30-10-03-20.png

Vincent is my favorite tank and wraxius Is extremely good vs powerful mages

Unity
Knight
Knight

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:43 am

Kronus wrote:
dokras says hi

Not good enough. The few times I've had Dokras against Cara, she seems to go after the hero who's always in the front, disregarding minions. Since I always use Tanya in battles against magic heroes, I can't take her off. As long as Cara is on the battlefield, you're guaranteed to lose a hero very quickly.

It would be much better if Lilith revised Cara's Ultimate engine so that it's not as powerful or invincible. What I would do is make the cage breakable. There would be three bars: the HP of your hero, the HP for the cage, and a timer. The heroes will have a set amount of time to attack the cage and release the hero from it. While this is happening, the roses will continue showering over the trapped hero as normal. If the cage is broken before the final pair of roses connect, your hero will be freed and recover only a portion of life lost in the Ultimate (not all of it). If time runs out, the hero will automatically die by a pair of roses that cross and explode (similar to that of Ezio's Requiescat In Pace Ultimate).

I'd prefer having a grace period to warn me that Cara's Ultimate is in progress, and act accordingly, especially during the later part of the Crucible stages.

ashOck
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:14 am

Unity wrote:
Kronus wrote:
dokras says hi

Not good enough. The few times I've had Dokras against Cara, she seems to go after the hero who's always in the front, disregarding minions. Since I always use Tanya in battles against magic heroes, I can't take her off. As long as Cara is on the battlefield, you're guaranteed to lose a hero very quickly.

Okay, it seems as if your gameplay is at fault. Cara is not OP and is fine as she is. You have already stated that if you hire heroes from your guildmates, you can beat her. So get those heroes leveled up. If not available to you, then give up using Tanya when facing Cara. Tanya does not work against some heroes and if you insist on using her in a losing situation, then don't try to get Lilith to change the game because you like to do things a certain way. She does not disregard minions; the minions just have to be in front.

Lockhart
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:54 am

Yeah. If you use heroes like Tanya or Nightshade against Cara they're guaranteed to die since it's impossible for the hedgehogs to get closer to the enemy party than either of them (seeing as they dive right into the middle). Cara is a hard counter against them as their hits will build her ultimate bar to the top before they can kill her. This is just part of the game. If you see a Cara don't use your Tanya.
Server: 090 Spartan Dagger
Guild: Leader of AVALANCHE - 50579

MeetArt1fact
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:24 am

Cara is that one that never dies?! because I fought against some character that I don't know the name that just don't die!

Vesperas
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:01 pm

ashOck wrote:
Unity wrote:
Kronus wrote:
dokras says hi

Okay, it seems as if your gameplay is at fault. Cara is not OP and is fine as she is. You have already stated that if you hire heroes from your guildmates, you can beat her. So get those heroes leveled up. If not available to you, then give up using Tanya when facing Cara. Tanya does not work against some heroes and if you insist on using her in a losing situation, then don't try to get Lilith to change the game because you like to do things a certain way. She does not disregard minions; the minions just have to be in front.

In a battle with all 7* stars, she'll have the most kills at 4 stars. That's the definition of overpowered. Literally the only reason I don't have 3 stars anymore. It's not fair hunters with weaker specials, like Ember, get cancelled, and don't have breaking 'phase' (teleporting), back line advantages, or life steal.

Seriously, the fact I can use her the same at 4 stars to 7 stars to effectively one shot everyone and CC w/the same % is again, overpowered.

Dork doesn't always work.
Attempting Friendship Mode, please say "go back to your hole" if I veer off Friendship Mode and I'll delete non Friendship posts. Together we can be Friends! (Unless you are a traitor)
Hunter of Traitors, Ex Legendary non-Vip from Server 18.