OhneLimit

Re: Last Update

Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:56 pm

Hello,
bad to hear that you guys dont like the update.

Feel free to send us feedback and improvements at roc-service@lilithgames.com
or via Discord in the "Suggestion" section. (https://discord.gg/sPCp8Bg)

~ OhneLimit

Andycus
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:48 pm

I know there are pay to win games out there but are you guys trying to make this a pay or don't bother playing as you won't be able to compete game ???

New update has weakened all my commanders. Gatherers gather slower and attackers aren't as strong as before. Defeating barbarian outpost used to reward over 10 tomes before update and now you get half ? You guys have an amazing game here. Don't ruin it.

Doli
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:41 pm

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rise-of-civilizations/update-1011-talent-tree-20/501854586957493/

Pros:
I really like the thematic idea of dividing "each commander’s talents into three main categories." This gives each commanders "specialty" and customization.

Con:

RISE OF CIVILIZATIONS wrote:
The talents in each category will vary according to the characteristics of each commander. This will ensure that each commander has a unique set of talents and will also prevent talent points being wasted.

Thought the intention was good, the execution I think was poor. The commanders are now weaker and need to be leveled higher to reach the same effectiveness.
The plan was to have the commanders be more personalized and specialize in certain things. In reality, the commanders are now less specialized than before.
Take a gathering commander like Joan for example. The gathering talent tree includes things that you don't really need like +attack. Even if you plan on using Joan as a secondary commander for her support skills, the +attack won't be in effect since only the leading commander's talent tree is used. Thus, this defeats the intention of being able to customize and specialize your commanders for certain roles. It also wastes your talent point in things you don't want in order to reach the talents you do want.

HerrWahnsinn wrote:
I'm not getting the "naked rage" talent. It seems only useful to someone fighting someone with a lower level. I'd rather have a "fighting uphill" talent than one that strengthens "fighting downhill".

I think that one along with talents like Martial Mastery and Last Stand are really annoying when I'm trying to build my army how I want it and not have these little side effects weaken them. Having a commander attacker and a sub-commander nuker doesn't seem to be very effective anymore since the main commander's attack talents like Martial Mastery and Last Stand will weaken the active ability of the nuker sub-commander (correct me if this is not how it works).

I didn't have high expectations for the revamp, but this is just a let down.
I'm no longer able to build my armies how I want to with all the
restrictions,
spending points on things I don't need,
and the overall set up
in the talent trees.

Hydejekyll
Squire
Squire

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:26 pm

I am very disappointed with this new update. I am very frustrated with the change to gathering and my non-gathering commanders no longer have gathering skills, that are worthwhile, also my efficiency percentage of my gatherers went from 197% to most I have now is 177%. This is probably the biggest kick in the teeth upgrades that I’ve been involved with, and makes the game not much fun to play. All this hype for new talents just to secretly nerf commanders was the worst idea to date, revert back to the old system and try again, missed the mark on this one.

Flinders
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:14 am

Last update (November 14) is BAD. Hope the Lilith Team will iron it out. The game quits many times within 1 minute. I am iPad 3 user. Did not have this problem before the unfortunate last update.

Oxidator
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 am

A simple fix for this mess...stack secondary commander talents activate them asap!
Filling up talent trees for sec commander and not using them at all..... jees
Will give a nice boost and gives more options to mix and match commanders.

HerrWahnsinn
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:18 am

Oxidator wrote:
A simple fix for this mess...stack secondary commander talents activate them asap!
Filling up talent trees for sec commander and not using them at all..... jees
Will give a nice boost and gives more options to mix and match commanders.

I think this is indeed one of the things that needs to happen. Not all talent trees, but a tree like "support" should be active for secondary commanders. And there should be different trees to support. You could have one that supports attack and mobility. You could have one that supports healing and defense. You could have one that supports disabling.

I also think the iconless filler talents should all be replaced by meaningful talents for that specific talent tree. If it's meaningless, it should go. Talent points are too valuable to waste. That feels bad.
0----{==========> Misfit Ass Kickers United [MF89], kingdom 1093 <==========}----0

Flinders
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:00 pm

The "verify" requirement kills the game now.
Although I am able to login into the game I have to "verify" first otherwise I am locked out from using the game.
Anytime I press "verify" the game quits.
????

Grailyn
Knight
Knight

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Look deeper. The change I believe is pretty good.

For Example. Cao Cao is now the faster moving commander in the game. While the spread between Cav speed and other troops is much smaller now as many troop types and commanders can get meaningful speed boosts, when built right Cav is still the faster.

It definitely gives for room for customization and the differences between commands is now huge. The only real problem I see is that if you had invested heavily into a specific Epic or Legendary commander and the talent trees you ended up with are not the ones that fit best with your play style or troop makeup you have have some costly adjustments to do.

in2geo
Squire
Squire

Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:31 pm

Jimmyztown wrote:
The overarching problem is the interchangeability of talents and skills. Even Lilith can’t distinguish between the two. In my opinion, a commander should be said to have a particular skill such as seige, infantry or archer. From there, we should be able to “specialize” a full command by attack, defense, speed or health. Therefore, it should be called a specialization tree with 4 paths.

This sounds like a good idea.