Onibaku
Knight
Knight

New Gazul auto-resurrect is game breaking

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 am

So the Arena is great and all. Well put together and fun. However...the new Gazul buff just made it impossible to beat a Lich with maxed Gazul and an all skeleton frontline. I've watched many fights where the front line can never be defeated because there is too much resurrection going on with the front skeletons. Essentially, they just act as an ultimate buffer while the back line of spiders or warlocks eat away at the other side. Not to mention that these are LEVEL XV skeletons... Which is another broken feature about raising undead at a level that can't even be normally obtained by any other race.

Honestly, this was not a change that was needed, but at the very least, the success rate should be nerfed. A dwarf's ammunition shouldn't be all gone before the front line even gets dented.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Re: New Gazul auto-resurrect is game breaking

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:11 am

Dwarf is also beyond busted at the moment. This might be the only thing in the ENTIRE GAME that dwarf does easily win. They are busted in seiging, void, and duels lol... at least lich sucks ass at two of those. Anyway, this is the first time that undead are relevant so nobody really knows how this will all play out once other races change their layout... oh wait, each race only has like 2-3 usable units with minimal options to do anything to counter layouts that over commit to one unit type (cough blasters). I thought undead would be good without the gazul buff though, so maybe they are also aids now.

My thoughts are that this gazul ress probably needs a nerf and dwarf needs a huge nerf to blasters and slight buffs to rifles to compensate.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Sargon wrote:
My thoughts are that this gazul ress probably needs a nerf and dwarf needs a huge nerf to blasters and slight buffs to rifles to compensate.

Not huge nerf just attack speed nerf... Engineers and tanks also need buff if rockets are going to be nerfed.
I'm surprised they finaly added this mode as it will expose dozen of problems.
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
Sargon wrote:

Not huge nerf just attack speed nerf... Engineers and tanks also need buff if rockets are going to be nerfed.
I'm surprised they finaly added this mode as it will expose dozen of problems.

An attack speed or aoe damage nerf would qualify as a big nerf. Im fine with buffing the other shit units.

Heres a list of them:
-Spears
-All undead outside of arena (remove perma death because its stupid AF)
-Engineers (basically have no abilities and are total trash)
-Tanks
-Monks (morale break)
-Ninjas (don't do anything?)

Anyway, blasters are at the top of my list for an immediate nerf. The entire meta is centralized around ONE unit that is way too strong. They make dwarf completely busted at void, speed clear events, seiging, and very strong in dueling. I'd say second only to this broken undead strategy, but dwarf is clearly by far the best all around race. To be clear, no other race can perfect the void without some unreasonable amount of spending on runes. No other race can beat dwarf in speed clear events. No other race can beat a determined dwarf in the honor event. They are not unbeatable in duels, but they are very very strong and have high potential to beat players that are much stronger but not playing dwarf.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:15 am

Its kind of fun to watch how rockets melts lich when using Onyx dragon with damage to magical. :D
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:11 pm

On my realm all the top players are switching to Rakkan for the Colliseum. Their ale abilities being cast perfectly by the AI makes them really powerful. And, it appears to be working. They crush humans because of the crossbows melting through the humans, they crush lich because of the monks countering both spiders and scorpions, the only battle I have not seen happen yet is a dwarf vs rakkan, which is probably the rakkan's best chance of losing due to blasters actually possibly being able to kill/morale break the monks before the monks and crossbows can make it through the mechs. There are a few people trying to use lvl 15 skeletons with Maxed lvl gazul but it is failing, the highest ranking player I know using that strategy is rank 77.

Watipah
Squire
Squire

Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:56 pm

On my Server our Top player switched to rakaan. They crush humans and Dwarf. Dwarf crushes human and Lich. Lich beats Rakaan on even level.
That's how it's going atm as far as I can say. I'm going up and down as Human. Dwarf and Rakaan are the hardest. Didn't think I could ever beat Lich but horse + double archer behind with avalon buff and jax on that side to break through works quite well for me.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:13 am

Watipah wrote:
On my Server our Top player switched to rakaan. They crush humans and Dwarf. Dwarf crushes human and Lich. Lich beats Rakaan on even level.
That's how it's going atm as far as I can say. I'm going up and down as Human. Dwarf and Rakaan are the hardest. Didn't think I could ever beat Lich but horse + double archer behind with avalon buff and jax on that side to break through works quite well for me.

Scorp spiders loses the hardest to cavalry + healers. Cav are the best frontline since they take less aoe damage than clumped up swords. The Cav heal combo is even better since the low unit count of cavs allows the healers to keep them permanently immune to poison. 3x cav 4x archer rest healers is what is beating lich consistently on 17-33.

Watipah
Squire
Squire

Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 pm

Sargon wrote:
3x cav 4x archer rest healers is what is beating lich consistently on 17-33.

Thanks, didn't try much cav yet since I am still a bit away from maxing their research. How does that comp play out vs Dwarf/other Humans (with added turtle I guess).

Burnhard31
Knight
Knight

Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:41 pm

In the special case of Arena the Gazul Aura is maybe to strong, but never seen a undead Off or Def on our merger (34+)
But gerally the Aura is to weak to make undeads really valiable. It should be like the normal injurence rate around 70% and not 25% at max rank. Anyway if you wipe - all undeads are gone

I agree with most of this, exp. moral break on monks.
Endgame monks are that tanky, if you take away that moral affect them it would come a faceroll class. At the moment you highly need the t12 bonus from Turtles (no really need to skill down then...) and a good useage of Ale - what does make the difference of an good and an poor player.