Watipah
Knight
Knight

[Suggestion/Problem] Change Rakaan siege

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 am

Problem: Rakaan siege weapons require 4*3, rakaan xbos 4*4 and rakaan frontline 3*6.
The field is only 10 rows deep. This means Rakaan can not use catapults + frontline + their best range unit to siege efficiently.
This results in my account sieging guard towers as human without losses and 200 power weaker guardtowers as rakaan getting 100% whiped.

I suggest either changing rakaan siege to 3*4 instead of 4*3 (would require a new model), changing xbows to 3*5 or 3*3 with less groupsize (would weaken their active though) or simply reducing dmg and size of rakaan siege by 50% to 3*2 to keep the current model in smaller.
Another option might be to add rocketlike walldamage to any ranged troup but that would simply nullify the usefulness of catapults.

Burnhard31
Knight
Knight

Re: [Suggestion/Problem] Change Rakaan siege

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:54 am

Do you wanna talk about liches? :-/ I can feel your pain, all our Frontline need 4x4 and the "Plundering Unit" (Acolyts) are also 4x4. So even loaning swords dont let us really fit in our plunder unit and siege at the same time. Spiders are only great to clear the field. With 4 swords, 6 Spiders we plunder 1/3 to 1/2 of that what humans get, and its very cost intense when a spider dies.

It doesnt fix the problem but maybe it helps you a bit. We have an rakan on our merger who do serious siege. Depending on enemy he raids with human archers (2-4), xbows (0-2), turtle and siege (0 or 3).

TerraD
Squire
Squire

Re: [Suggestion/Problem] Change Rakaan siege

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:26 am

What siege set up are you trying to go for with Rakan? You should be able to get a full front line, three siege, a turtle and two cross bows, which generally are enough to siege reliably. You never will be able to siege as good as a human and you shouldn't be able to, but it allows you to do it with minimal losses.