User avatar
Sargon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Sun May 27, 2018 9:47 pm

This has been in the game since day one, so why not continue to complain about it a year later.

Wall AI has NO LOGIC whatsoever on what it targets. It randomly ignores front line units and one shots catas, or trashes back line units while you fumble with the shit tier lag to recall the units with Elena. Or even better, it instantly kills Elena then drops a fat dick on your gold archers and a few catas because who doesnt like replacing 2k diamond catas.

This is by far the most obnoxious BUG in the game. It is impossible to consistently predict how wall ranged units will behave, other than that right side ninjas will ALWAYS target your right side cata. Why the hell hasnt this been fixed? Wall ranged should target the front line until it is dead.
 
User avatar
PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:02 am

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Tue May 29, 2018 6:32 am

Despite the fact that I agree with you (agree that this is one of the most annoying things in this game), but it doesn't say anywhere in game or logic rules that wall troops have to target your front line first and in 100% cases.
These troops are logically located above the ground and can see and target any part of your army.

Arguments?
94 Culwood
Void - 116, Abyss 472
House: Icarum, Gods of War
 
User avatar
Destination
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 am

Wall Ai has logic, in fact it is impossible to programm something ILLOGICAL.
If you try out a lot of stuff you can work around the wall ai, simply takes some time.
 
Burnhard31
Knight
Knight
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:08 am

You cant code something illogical, but there is the random number generator.
I dont think that it is a rng thing, and i also dont think we can do the math. From my observations it is affected by fielding and how units move - thats rng affected (critluck, stuns...) so i think we cant prevent really about this.
 
User avatar
Destination
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:14 am

I have raided a lot by now and i managed to not even once lose an entire backline pack(a few archers here and there is indeed not avoidable).
 
User avatar
Sargon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:41 am

Destination wrote:
Wall Ai has logic, in fact it is impossible to programm something ILLOGICAL.
If you try out a lot of stuff you can work around the wall ai, simply takes some time.


Sure, if you want to purposefully misinterpret my use of the word "logic" as raw coding logic as opposed to the obvious fact that units target the closest enemy in every other situation in this game... Let me ask this... do you actually think that the wall AI is acceptable as is? I spent 20k in blood diamonds just last week replacing catas that archers target the second that the siege started (not that i care since i have close to 100k of each rare). Doesn't matter where you deploy them, you WILL randomly lose them even when they are behind 108 gold swords and a row of archers. Now.. wouldn't care if it was predictably hitting the back line, but its not. The same deploy interacts differently with wall troops almost every single siege. Sometimes you instantly lose a cata, or the wall goes right for a squad of archers, or heros. Other times, it targets the front line and never leaves it.

Unless it is intentionally random, which is possible, then it has FLAWED CODING LOGIC because it doesn't act as INTENDED.
 
User avatar
Sargon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:44 am

PrinceCharming wrote:
Despite the fact that I agree with you (agree that this is one of the most annoying things in this game), but it doesn't say anywhere in game or logic rules that wall troops have to target your front line first and in 100% cases.
These troops are logically located above the ground and can see and target any part of your army.

Arguments?


Sure, my argument is that its not fun to lose 1.7k diamond catas or take random gold troop deaths because the game behaves unpredictably. Its a completely unessential aspect of the game that only makes it worse, so it should be fixed.
 
Burnhard31
Knight
Knight
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:04 am

Sargon, since the runes for linary change we have some overpowered trolls on our merger, they can flawless any Garrison.
The only nice thing is the rng of walltroops that they loose "random" some troops and cant rebuild that fast - because overcapped from chests.

Thats why i dont want a change. But i can feel your pain, i had 3 siege in a row where only one of my units (1 every siege) falls. With over 80% injurence rate - 3 times that unit (Spider) dies. So anoying with this buildtime...
 
User avatar
Chillblaze
Baron
Baron
Posts: 471
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:13 am

Burnhard31 wrote:
The only nice thing is the rng of walltroops that they loose "random" some troops and cant rebuild that fast - because overcapped from chests.

Thats why i dont want a change.


Bro this only affects little players. It rare to see vip 8-10 get his gold canon randomly sniped... Do you really think this is slowing them down? :x
They do not rebuild like rest of us... they are like "ops my fat finger clicked a package, ops i bought another one....oh i did it again". Then if you ever decide to attack someone stronger you will get that "random loose" and go back rebuilding for days. As lich you don't even siege and accolytes skip front more than any ranged so I see why you like this money pit flaw.
 
User avatar
Sargon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Ranged AI targeting from walls is trash

Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:27 am

Burnhard31 wrote:
Sargon, since the runes for linary change we have some overpowered trolls on our merger, they can flawless any Garrison.
The only nice thing is the rng of walltroops that they loose "random" some troops and cant rebuild that fast - because overcapped from chests.

Thats why i dont want a change. But i can feel your pain, i had 3 siege in a row where only one of my units (1 every siege) falls. With over 80% injurence rate - 3 times that unit (Spider) dies. So anoying with this buildtime...


Separate issue in my opinion. Whales also ruin this game, and while its a money milking mobile game (this is to be expected), it actually has (had?) the potential to be more than that if it ran a more balanced or non combat impacting cash shop. I've said it a million times, but ill say it again... the most successful games in todays market are F2P with cosmetics and other stupid shit for purchase, but nothing that is directly pay to win. At best, they are pay to have bigger inventories or whatever... This game is actually really good fundamentally, despite its stupid ass AI, and could be a lot more than it is if it wasn't a pay 2 win. Id call it a happy accident, since lilith doesnt seem to realize that they actually have a quality game at its roots.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests