Carogna
Knight
Knight

Who wants to play dwarf?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 pm

I got a full rocket accademy.. near full mech accademy.. all dwarf heroes over 45
Jaq 50... gold turtle.. gold cannon
But i can’t do a easy siege vs 37 human tower
On tundra, without a mech or a rocket dead...

But i can get 4 crap sword
Go with virion 40 with bad stuff vs player or tower,
On grass tundra
Without a losses

And dwarf is the siege army
But now with Hospital super fast
Is real crap... maybe i lost al mech to clean a garrison.. that is ready in 1h?
Or duel a lich army on my ground
Losing mech while skorp got extra healing...
And i have to full accademy crap miner for Wall
Cause if i put mech or tank
A crap sword/virion kills all my mech forever
While also lich can revive 90% dead on wall
Thanks
I will turn to Human or make a new
Original
Sword virion siege
Cause with a 222 mech accademy
Jac 50 gafgar 50 maybe i can clear a 39 tower easy
Dwarf realm 52

Valhaber
Squire
Squire

Re: Who wants to play dwarf?

Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:32 pm

+1 Carogna: all I can add is there's been dozens of posts and people writing to support about this, the buzz is we might be heading to a "salvage" feature that allows some kind of repair for the mechs and tanks. Maybe this might mean to use resources as well (e.g. the resource that was initially used to train the unit) but in lower quantities (this could also be subject to research, making repairs more effective thus requiring less rare resources per each "broken" unit).

Fingers crossed, the next meta might push dwarves to a better gaming!
— Valhaber

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:54 am

What they should do is add a resource cost to repair them through the hospital... something between 10-30%of their build cost. (both in rares and gold)
It's really so simple. It just needs some balancing...
Salvaging some of their resources when destroyed sounds fine at first but doesn't get rid of the fact that rebuilding troops takes too much time (compared to simply healing them, even before the massive healing time reduction)

On the other hand, I can live with losing a few mechs while siegeing, but another "slight" problem is that mechs are slow so as soon as the enemy frontline is down, the rocketeers moraleboost past the mechs and get roflstomped. :(

Valhaber
Squire
Squire

Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am

I agree with you, Moebius.

+1 to salvage costs based on a % of the unit initial training costs, that allow recovery times in hospital similar to what other troops have.
+1 to fixing the game mechanic that makes the backline go past the mechs. Basically units should respect the priority of the first line, whatever is placed up front will be “respected” and not surpassed. This can be game-wise engine change, affecting basically all players. There’s no sense in seeing archers going past swords, blasters past mechs, spiders past scorpions (just an example).
— Valhaber

Carogna
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:29 pm

A new Gold mech with Accademy bonus
12h
Recovery
5min?

And cost
Make a new troops as same rss cost
At least make not repairable troops
Faster or Cost less rss
Not same of horses
Dwarf realm 52

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:59 am

You can wipe a solid gold garrison in seconds and your bitching because you might loose a mech or two...

Yeesh
LightStorm

Valhaber
Squire
Squire

Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:35 am

LightStorm you have a point, in the past days I’ve thought about the fact that if the meta stays like these only real dwarves play dwarves. If what I wrote even makes some sense.

Still, the suggestions we provided work, maybe this will mean some nerfs too, but time-management wise they could be an improvement.
— Valhaber

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:37 am

Yep... dwarfs can now loose garrison frontline easy and need to re-build it for 7-20 days while all other races can just heal in 1 or maximum 2 days... I am not even going to discuss pvp/raid aspects as they are beyond any logic.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:43 am

From my perspective... I see some Dwarf maxed out dwarf players attacking and absolutely destroying without loosing anything. That might be the difference between a good dwarf player and armature dwarf player. I see the best dwarf players have tailored their hero's to maximize every aspect of the dwarf lines, and when they enter a duel or garrison attack, they can do it at full power and come out of it unscathed. I actually don't even take on Dwarf players with over 1,500 rating because it's likely I'll see my entire troop power be wiped out in under 10 seconds.

So forgive me if I do not agree with you...

In this video... you can see a strong dwarf player
He just attacked and destroyed a gold garrison...
Someone came to rout him off the city, you can see she was using a maxed out human unit and she lost the duel in seconds
He then turned back to attack that city again... not realizing it had now been protected be a maxed out researched Rakan.... the solid gold garrison was only able to barley scrape by with a win.

What is your goal here? Do you feel Dwarves are unfairly treated and that their over powered units should be easier/faster to replace? I would agree with you if they came with the condition of being equalized with other races counterparts.
LightStorm

Kato42
Squire
Squire

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:16 pm

Light - the video you showed of the dwarf beating the “max level human” is misleading. The human did not know how to duel (used minimum number of heroes) and was dead before the battle started due to the huge difference in hero stats. Also, the human player was using silver level 12 bows. The only “max” units were the gold swords.

On our merged server (1-60), all of the biggest guys play human for sieging, and then swap to dwarf for winning the contests. I am one of the top dwarves in the server and I can sometimes siege a level 37 tower with minimal losses, but can also sometimes get wiped which costs a ton in mithril. The humans keep on sieging with almost no losses. Definitely not balanced. Lich also has a tough time sieging. Rakan, not sure as nearly nobody high level plays rakan on our server.