Croft
Knight
Knight

End game Race balance

Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

I would like to suggest a very necessary resource recovery for Dwarf Mechs/Tanks on garrison and I would like other people's opinion after reading what I've said below. (This has been mentioned before but I just wanted to put it out there again.)

I've been playing this game for 6 months now and while it has it's ups and downs, I enjoy it. But I've noticed their is a very big issue regarding end game class balance. Most games balance the classes around end game because that's the point of the game, reach the end and continue playing.

Early game I would say Dwarf is the strongest class and in the end game, we are considered the best attackers however Dwarf is by far the most inefficient defending class. Is this because we are the best attackers? I have found that with a good strategy, any defense can be broken by any race efficiently (with bronze/silver runs). Attacking doesn't mean much when our defense costs far more than other races.

Now again, I am saying this is for end game, when everybody is level 40 with over 400k research and this is for defense only. We are fighting players on an equal level. Dwarf suffers from huge resource losses because their most efficient troops perma-die on wall duty. I don't mind replacing mechs/tanks but every other race unit can do this more efficiently than Dwarf. All Human/Rakaan units get injured and receive reduced heal time, same for Lich/Dwarf troops that can be injured. Here is the Dwarf problem - for those units that perma-die, it is very unbalanced. Lich with the recent patch have a base 70% resurrection rate that can be boosted to 90% with research. That means if you kill 100 gold skeletons, only 10 actually die. Then you fight 90 where only 9 die...see how fun that is? But the real kicker is a Lich undead wall was basically created for free due to Mummies. I won't say 100% free, because you still need to upgrade their level but this is insane compared to Dwarf. As Dwarf, that is a real slap in the face for our perma-death troops. You would think whenever Dwarfs fight mechs they could salvage parts, if not during quest, at least on their own wall!

So yeah, would love to hear from other players regarding this topic.

MihailCCCP
Knight
Knight

Re: End game Race balance

Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Dwarfs should have on walls 60% Blasters, 20% Riflemen and 20% Engineers. AND MOST IMPORTANT to be defended by human.
Tanks and mechs don't have garrison buffs. If you wish to put them on wall, well... it is your call.

As per lich it is fair. They need to spend somewhere blood diamonds... not only on mummies. Otherwise the front line would be predicable only scorpions...

sponkss
Knight
Knight

Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:44 pm

Cmon man u play the most broken class in the game for attacking and u start whining that your garrison defence isn't the strongest in the game? What more do you want a autowin button?

Destination

Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:42 pm

I also think the races are fine right now

Kryton13
Baron
Baron

Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:48 am

Dwarf are the weakest race late game currently - except for maybe rakkan. Hopefully the royal guard tower will fix the massive problem with defence somewhat.
Realm 14
Faction: Neferak
House: 'The Autobots'
Player Name: 'Kryton13'
Race: Dwarf

Svartalfheim
Knight
Knight

Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:31 pm

MihailCCCP wrote:
Tanks and mechs don't have garrison buffs. If you wish to put them on wall, well... it is your call.

They dont?I cant rly say what y mean by "buffs" :D but.. Well, y should do your homework son before y write something like that in here.They have garrison training research.Still pretty powerfull.If y have gold mech garrison.
I agree with this post.It should be fixed somehow.Since they r that powerful, give them lets say 50% injury rate or give back some of its resources.

Hoffman72510
Baron
Baron

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:50 pm

literally everything said in this thread by everyone is so wrong on so many levels.

First off your wall should consist of engineers, silver mechs and endless amounts of deadeyes. You can sprinkle in a few rockets for good measure but most of your crystals should be used for engineers. If you are average/above average in level then you should be putting gold mechs on your wall but ONLY if they are equal/greater than the majority of the server, otherwise they’ll just drop dead. Do not build tanks, like ever, not even for your army. Your army should be silver mechs and a healthy mix of both bombardiers and deadeyes.

Dwarf are strong in every level of the game, those who disagree are doing something very wrong like using tanks/gold mechs in their army. If you use your gold cap for gold mechs/tanks you are losing TONS of the much needed DPS from deadeyes and bombardiers.

Destination

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 pm

Hoffman72510 wrote:
literally everything said in this thread by everyone is so wrong on so many levels.

First off your wall should consist of engineers, silver mechs and endless amounts of deadeyes. You can sprinkle in a few rockets for good measure but most of your crystals should be used for engineers. If you are average/above average in level then you should be putting gold mechs on your wall but ONLY if they are equal/greater than the majority of the server, otherwise they’ll just drop dead. Do not build tanks, like ever, not even for your army. Your army should be silver mechs and a healthy mix of both bombardiers and deadeyes.

Dwarf are strong in every level of the game, those who disagree are doing something very wrong like using tanks/gold mechs in their army. If you use your gold cap for gold mechs/tanks you are losing TONS of the much needed DPS from deadeyes and bombardiers.

Best solution for a dwarf is putting only deadeyes on the wall, having silver mechs/gold rockets in your army and get yourself a lich/human to defend you.
That beeing said your way to go is if you dont have someone to defend you. Though i am not sure about sniper in your main army, atleast not for siege, and silver mechs in the garrison.

MihailCCCP
Knight
Knight

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Svartalfheim wrote:
MihailCCCP wrote:

They dont?I cant rly say what y mean by "buffs" :D but.. Well, y should do your homework son before y write something like that in here.They have garrison training research.Still pretty powerfull.If y have gold mech garrison.
I agree with this post.It should be fixed somehow.Since they r that powerful, give them lets say 50% injury rate or give back some of its resources.

FYI
buff
Very strong or having defined muscles, hot. Used mostly for guys.
Look at that he's pumpin' 200 pounds!
Damn he's buff.

Tanks and mechs are not for wall, as I said if you wish to put them it is your call.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:20 pm

If you want mechs/tanks to live in garris then they need a major nerf. Mechs have crazy high hp and thats what makes them so hard to kill
If somehow they do get killed sorry but thats the payoff for playing the most op class out for attack and defense
Dwarf snipers go and one shot all heroes boom your defense won since you cant stop it with mana barrier like you can humans and lich and rakkan
Cant stop snipers or rockets with mana barrier so only hope you have is sungod/heal