sunbow
Baron
Baron

Siege with no risks

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:03 pm

this one got popular on our server, mostly to attack human castles.

2 rows of myrmidons, which you get from the merc camps (1500 gold, no rare res). they are able to stop cavalry charge.

then elena and 1 or 2 gold troops in the back row to get the required attack rating, which elena will remove with strategic retreat (no losses of rare res).

then jacques, cleo (tome of creation), avalon (summon), virion, (summon), elena (summon) as you like.

the opponent will lose quite a bunch of gold units, risk free.

you can repeat this strategy until most of the defence is gone, resulting in enormous healing times.

to me this feels quite unfair, not sure how to fix it (except increasing the required attack power for siege attacks).

thoughts?
sun

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: Siege with no risks

Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:47 pm

Elena recall is being used for this everywhere, its totally risk free and stupid. Gets worse with turtles that can boost whole armies etc. Insane exploits not being fixed right now.

add it to your bronze summon/jaques combo and you can wipe people duelling armies with next to no troops and use some golds to boost damage in certain areas that elena can recalll
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 pm

That would be bad for gameplay mechanics. They should change her skill.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:57 pm

I wonder if this will still be viable after summons nerf.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:27 pm

sippingcider wrote:

Probably, as the strat is about grinding garrisons down with minimal rare resource loss. As long as they do damage it'll be fine.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 pm

sippingcider wrote:

Probably, as the strat is about grinding garrisons down with minimal rare resource loss. As long as they do damage it'll be fine.

There were some videos posted of the PTR server testing new summons, swordsmen run out of time before reaching wall and archers only get a few seconds of shots before they die. Calvalry might do damage since they fast, but I you would really need to rely on Cleo/Jacques for the damage now.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:35 am

sippingcider wrote:
sippingcider wrote:

There were some videos posted of the PTR server testing new summons, swordsmen run out of time before reaching wall and archers only get a few seconds of shots before they die. Calvalry might do damage since they fast, but I you would really need to rely on Cleo/Jacques for the damage now.

But I heard they changed it so the summons appear a bit behind the heroes, not at the beginning of the map anymore like when the PTR was updated. I guess we'll find out soon, there should be a 1 week timer for reseting the heroes/exchanging elena.

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:51 am

But I heard they changed it so the summons appear a bit behind the heroes, not at the beginning of the map anymore like when the PTR was updated. I guess we'll find out soon, there should be a 1 week timer for reseting the heroes/exchanging elena.

Oh yeah, just tried it out. Was not that big of a nerf after all, they summon right behind and last longer than before.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:05 pm

sippingcider wrote:

Oh yeah, just tried it out. Was not that big of a nerf after all, they summon right behind and last longer than before.

It’s a huge nerf to free to play players as jacques now wipes your whole army for free.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:35 pm

sippingcider wrote:

It’s a huge nerf to free to play players as jacques now wipes your whole army for free.

Yes, what I should have said was it is not a big nerf for the siege strategy. For PVP and Void Mirror F2P players are crushed now.