Provectus
Knight
Knight

Wall repair time needs dropping MASSIVELY.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:53 am

So up until today I've been lucky enough to never have my wall properly attacked - Clearly upset someone important, as the top player on the server (6 Castle levels ahead of most) took a special interest in me... A couple of golden waves all got minced by his silvers, which was painful enough, but then I saw the recovery time of my wall; 21 days. DAYS. That's absolutely ridiculous, 3 full weeks? I could accept 3 days, but 3 weeks is out of scope of the game.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Re: Wall repair time needs dropping MASSIVELY.

Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:18 am

21 days? How much wall total health? Does the wall health regen not increase with wall level? It seems saving some wall upgrades in case you need to add some health to your wall is better than just going full on wall upgrades.

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:05 pm

This is a feature that protects you from being farmed again tomorrow, I can only see this being a problem if ur tryin to 'farm ur farm' and broke its walls b4 absorbing it all... This is a much better feature than the auto bubble nonsense and provides some protection against constantly being farmed. Bigger the walls the bigger chunk of HP% u get back daily. If walls repaired full each day it negates raiding and the energy use involved with clearing a city as it just springs back up tomorrow like you never raided it..
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

Provectus
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:35 pm

It's level 13, 175k. I had a bloody strong Garrison for the level of the server, unfortunately when someone several Castle levels ahead of you strikes, you feel it. I've no problem with my Wall being destroyed - Someone stronger than me attacked (with a couple others) and as such it makes sense that my Wall was destroyed... 3 weeks to repair it is insane though. I could understand 20k per day (so almost 10 days), or more, this is way too slow though.

Dazed, I'm honestly completely lost as to how you think 3 weeks to repair a level 13 Wall from nothing to full is a reasonable amount. My wall was destroyed and as such I was sent to Capital automatically... I'm not saying I want a full heal after a day, that would make much of the game impossible to play. I'm saying there needs to be a quicker return on the health - I'm in a good position that I'm friends with one of the strongest people on our server and as such he'll defend me while my walls repair, but for people who don't have that luxury they're going to be forced to wait a very long time before leaving their capital, meaning they lose a huge amount of bonuses.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:51 pm

I think it should be around 2 weeks for a full wall repair, no matter the wall health. That should be enough to make it possible to raze a city. 3 weeks is just retarded... like the 200 hour+ hero equipment cooldowns. I can only imagine how the timers on this game probably get extremely annoying at the end game.

FBSM
Knight
Knight

Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:23 pm

You don't need your wall to be 100% recovered though.. I know you can move in to city at 50% but never tested what the minimum % is to move out from capital

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 pm

FBSM wrote:
You don't need your wall to be 100% recovered though.. I know you can move in to city at 50% but never tested what the minimum % is to move out from capital

It’s 5% hp
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:33 pm

I agree, wall regen should be faster and especially faster if you move to the capital.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:42 am

With less HP you get plundered less, you just really need to have a good garrison. I don't think anyone would want to hit you if you have an intimidating garrison with less wall HP to plunder. Because the cost of the lost troops is more than what they can steal.

I agree, you don't need to be fully recovered for this matter. Aside from the 12h ruin slots when you get destroyed/left the area, slow regeneration helps when you're trying to take a city away from persistent enemy cities that abuse their fast wall regeneration.

Provectus
Knight
Knight

Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:57 pm

5%, really? That's very low - I'd say more like 20% and increase the regeneration speed. And unless I'm massively mistaken a lower hp makes you more of a target, as the damage you do isn't exactly what nets you the resources, it's the percentage of damage; ie if you do 10k damage to a 20k wall you'll get a lot more loot than if you did 12k to a 200k wall.