Behindtheed
Knight
Knight

[Suggestion] Stop watering down risk and stakes

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:37 pm

I've seen this with a lot of games, where they have competitive high-loss gameplay which captures the niche (but dedicated) playerbase who is looking for risk and reward in a game. Then they incrementally reduce all the elements of consequence (In this case losing resources. Failsafe shield? Warhouse?) to greedily reach for more mainstream appeal.

It's possible they can reach sustainable mainstream appeal by abandoning all the players they built the game on, but probably not.

Value is relative, and as soon as this game becomes one of mutually accumulating resources, instead of competing for them, I stop caring and stop playing.

Dazed
Baron
Baron

Re: [Suggestion] Stop watering down risk and stakes

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:19 pm

I believe alot of these 'new' features are more a knee jerk reaction to all the crying rather than stemming from actual design process. Those heart pounding moments when u risk it all for the loot is what this game is built upon. The layering of protection after protection is just protecting inactives who want all their resources there nxt week if they feel like logging in.
Work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like no one is watching.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Any game that keeps itself update will make the previous parts of the game easier as they develop and extend the end game. It's an evolutionary process.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:28 am

its a bummer to hear you will stop playing mate. I am annoyed about all the protection too, but if they keep adding stuff like the mirror and things for there to be a more diverse group of targets to hit, then I am ok with that.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok