Provectus
Knight
Knight

Actual ingame support.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 am

I've been on online games for more than a few years and ran one of my own (albeit with roughly 8k players), so assume that when I say I understand the Support side of online games, I'm not a clueless muppet.

The ingame support is absolutely useless, the best I've seen is a player called "klu klux klan" - I reported him and was basically told they're not going to do anything. A player said "I want to rape you" when insulting one of my female mates - Again I reported this and was told it was ok... I complained and they said they would look into it and -if- it happened again, they -might- talk to him and "maybe even" take action. That's utterly ridiculous! I've just heard about someone threatening to find someone else in real life, murder them and sodomize their dead bodies infront of their families - My friend who witnessed this reported it and was told there was nothing wrong with it... What in the flying fuck kind of people do you guys have running the 'support' side of this game?

I've seen some great games go down the pan over silly things and I guarantee you that if you don't sort this out, you'll lose all of your non-toxic players and be left with vile asholes that think things like that are acceptable on a game... As with most games, word of mouth spreads like wildfire and once you have that reputation, you won't shake it.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Re: Actual ingame support.

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:12 am

they dont have a support team. If they aren't incompetent and clueless they are more than likely automated bots with pre-set messages as I've never had a human interaction with one yet. They serve to make you more upset about the issue than when you went to them for 'support'. I've not had an issue dealt with ONCE yet, from payment delays, tanks and mechs being lost without dying, abusive players, abuse of alt accounts, hell even a simple question of why there is so many energy potions being thrown at the community, could not be answered.

I want to stand with you and state how atrociously bad the encounters I have had with their support team are.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:58 am

I've worked at support before at a different game and there's a limit to what you can do or what you can say, most of the time they are not allowed to meddle with petty arguments or trashtalks between the players. Specially since they don't have a player mute system yet available for us.

And you know the internet is full of jerks, if you're not strong enough to handle those then I have bad news for you. I have contacted their support a lot of times and their answer seems fine, understanding their capacity to help, they still do deliver with their jobs at the end of the day.

Provectus
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

You think someone saying they want to find you in real life, murder you and sodomise your corpse infront of your family is 'trashtalk', really? I mean I'm all for winding one another up, but shit man, that's ott! I forgot to mention, I saw a guy called 'klu klux klan" - I'm not black, but I'm also not a massive racist and thus feel it shouldn't be ingame. They weren't fussed. They don't get involved in ingame problems that are actual problems - All of the non-toxic players will leave, the community will go to shit and it'll be another dead game... Thankfully I've only spent £30 across all servers, though I'm still pissed that it's gone this way.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:34 pm

They want to find you and murder you but they can't. You can freely tell that person the same threat and that you would even do much worse. At the end of the day they're just words in an online game, it's up to you on how far will you take it.

I have to agree that some players are beyond of an asshole, but you can't blame Support since they're limited to what they can do. With regards to the KKK name, I've seen other games that ban people with offensive names. But if for example a game company lives somewhere part of the world that didn't knew about it until they've researched, they might not find it as offensive/reasonable enough for a ban since this is a game after all, some kids are rebellious and might think having an offensive name makes them look 'cool'. There are many possibilities but I don't have to go deeper on that matter.

Yes, it's still a trashtalk since all they can do is that unless you gave him your address and you're both living in the same country, then you should be calling a different type of Support. There's a lot of games that are far more toxic, you shouldn't let it get to you. Have you tried playing MOBA games?

Provectus
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:52 pm

I used to play online games a lot in the past, clearly you currently do if you feel something like that is acceptable, because if you told a non-gamer someone said that, they'd be disgusted. If you feel like words in text are nothing more than black and white, I genuinely feel bad for you, because chances are you've hit that dead-on-the-inside headspace that I've been in before. No-one should be subjected to abuse like that over a game.

If someone reports a name for racism, one very brief Google will show they need a name change (it's easy enough to do - Reset their name to 'New Player' and give them a free name change. Add offensive names to a ban-list, so you can't make that name).

I used to love MOBA's, before the community took an impressive nose-dive. Just because it goes on, doesn't make it ok - You're not going to see my pov and that's ok, we've put our opinions forwards and either Staff will do something, or they won't.

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:25 pm

So if you're support and you don't have the tools to do it aside from taking concerns and sending the tickets to other departments how would you help? Okay, let's say you've requested it to the higher department and they refused since it's not offensive for them. How would you respond to the player now? You're only thinking about yourself and it's not good to blame others just because you're affected by petty words.

Sorry to tell you, I'm not dead-on-the-inside. Some people just know how to be civilized and ignore than to respond to a silly joke. So tell me, how will he find and murder you? Can you give a logical explanation? I will set my city to protect your house, hopefully my Lich army will prevent him from doing so.

Oh you've mentioned that you've ran a game before? Well it's probably where you can do whatever you want and handle things the way you want it. But if you haven't work for a game company as a support. Trust me there are protocols to follow and in-game drama is not always considered in their list.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:49 pm

You would farm someone's IP address, as most dont hide behind a VPN, it wouldn't be a far stretch to do it. You can then do all sorts of things with that info. The point is, if it were civilised, you can realise a joke vs someone intentionally stirring shit or being offensive. Yes I agree you chose to take offence but giving offence is something you can do as a human as well, it's what 'civil' people call being offensive, like pissing on your neighbours front door or throwing rocks at children. There are things genuinely just offensive in with no context to place them as a joke or just randomly thrown out on the internet. What Provectus is sharing is genuine concern, this game has an art style that lends itself to a large audience and lilith as a company needs to be responsible with that audience or it will get called out on its forums like this. I agree with Prov, when he says it will drive the community they would want to keep in their game away. Like gold sellers, like 'bullies' that they keep updating to protect people from.

Yes we as individuals can be smarter than the average bear, but so many factors come into group psycology and MMO's that you have to be aware of this as a company if you want to have a decent community. Every major company knows this and its why anyone who threatened to kill you in real life and do ANYTHING to children would be considered mentally undstable for the community like any sane person could see, and banned.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:17 pm

It's not a genuine concern but pure drama, if you keep convincing yourself that then your better solution is to complain about in-game Support through the forums? And like I said if what you say 'genuine concern' is true, shouldn't he be contacting a different type of support? If it's a matter of life and death you'll contact game support to ask for a ban? Where's the logic in that? If he's able to hack IPs getting back into the game won't be a problem, so banning is not the solution either way.

You're too naive to think that murder threats in this game are true. Considering this is global and your murderer could be countries away from you is enough reason to ignore it.

If you're concerned about the children playing this game, you should read Terms of Service, well who the hell reads that? Just so you know if you're an irresponsible parent and you will just allow your children to play in an 'online' game without monitoring them, it's your fault.

Major companies you say? Please don't try to convince me with that BS, which company and what game does that? I know some social games may do it(small indie games) but it doesn't direct to a ban, they do several mute sanctions. and no other major companies holding big games will. I'd bet even Blizzard wouldn't care if you give threats to players in Overwatch while in-game. They will just deem you as a raging person you will not even get muted since players have a built in mute command.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:58 pm

League of legends, Dota, world of warcraft, guild wars 2, counter strike... the list is bloody endless of companies that ban toxic players or put them all in servers with each other.

im sorry Shu but you just come across as an elitist knob on these forums, you might just be a troll but I think you are probably serious so im going to just ignore you not to upset the mods.

I disagree with your opinions on this topic entirely. I feel a duty of care and empathy to others is important in life, you do not seem to value you that and seem to think it's act how you please and let others deal with how they feel about it.

Rufio 54 - Crown Prince