Provectus
Knight
Knight

Single Hero Duel.

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 pm

So a problem that I'm continuously met by is having people come to my City and attack it, they're around my power - So I duel and drop a full army... They drop a single Hero and I lose 6 or 7 Energy (collectively), I understand that they lose the same energy and take injuries, but multiple people can do this and sap my energy.

I don't feel that it would be fair to force a defender to meet the same power requirement as if they were attacking - However, I do feel like that they should be forced to drop some degree of troops, maybe half of the power as if they attacked the other person in the duel. If they don't, they lose by default. If neither side meets the power requirement, the attacker loses by default. This would provide a much fairer circumstance, people who are going to go offline for 2+ hours currently provoke a fight and then waste your energy at no real loss to themselves, with my suggested change they would either lose troops or forfeit, thus you wouldn't dicked over by baiters.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Single Hero Duel.

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 am

Yes please
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:21 pm

+1
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 am

why can you accept a duel with only 1 side being forced into the rules of that duel. To me, it makes no sense. If they accept, they are willing to fight you or place some power down, if they retreat, they get to keep attacking elsewhere but the defender doesnt lose energy for NO reason. the one hero duels are getting silly.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:06 am

I agree with this one, this has been a problem for a long time.

dablu
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:55 am

I don't agree. Duel system is almost perfect now.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

Colombiadragon
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:09 pm

I neither agree, current system helps you to at least sap some energy of a strong opponent that you could never defeat.

If we change this and the one that is being attacked is weaker (100k against a 200k) he would never have another option but to flee and, eventually, every time someone enters on a different color he would be attacked due the defending side will have nothing to lose, neither troops nor energy.

Furthermore, I don't see the lose of energy like a problem, you can buy potions on market, shop, rewarded on doungeons and we are getting 10 daily potions now.

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:54 pm

the 10 daily potions is BS and needs to stop
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Provectus
Knight
Knight

Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:44 pm

The 10 potions is blatantly a mistake, it should have been a one off bonus... The number they've put out has entirely ruined the server that I'm on, as the top 5% now decimates everyone else (note, I'm in that 5% and have complained ingame to Support and on these forums).

Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:22 am

After seeing the post of others, I would like to change my opinion and to disagree with this. I think this is the only protection the weaker player has from bullies, while even the same power player can do the same thing, it's a mind-game/strategy overall. With the current system at hand, as a high powered player I chose not to waste much EDIT: "energy" on unnecessary fights, preventing me from randomly PvPing other players.
Last edited by Shu on Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.