MatriXz
Squire
Squire
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:53 am

Choose race at startup

Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:16 am

Currently everyone starts out with humans. But when you choose to try out the Lich race or Dwarfs, you hafto go throgh the same ranking up, as everyone else, meaning you get alot of heroes that have Humanoid Specific traits, and therefore work better with humanoid armies. Yes you can purchase the undead or dwarf heroes for $59.99 / 99.99 each through the store.

And then you kinda hafto start over with your entire army, because your human soldiers are now worthless with the race change. So you walk around with human heroes, an undead army, and the two dont work together very well.

I would suggest that players get to choose race from the beginning on a new server. Then choose between one of 3 heroes specific for the chosen race. And then have the heroes aquireable through ranking up, being for the specific race.
And then have each hero correspond to a specific hero from the other race, when you change race. Just like with the research and buildings.

OR, change the abilities of heroes to include ANY army type under your control, instead of Avalon's Humanoid only buffs.
 
User avatar
Himma
Squire
Squire
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:59 am

Re: Choose race at startup

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 pm

+1
 
User avatar
RAKunia
Squire
Squire
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: Choose race at startup

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:22 pm

+1 In the pokemon game you can choose between 3 types of pokemon right fire water leaf.. that was like 10 years ago. why cant we choose our own race in the beginning of the game after tutorial part from start??
 
User avatar
Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 am

Re: Choose race at startup

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 am

Yes that would be awesome!
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly
 
User avatar
Carogna
Knight
Knight
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:45 am

Re: Choose race at startup

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Right
Dwarf realm 52
 
User avatar
Aluminara
Baron
Baron
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:48 am

Re: Choose race at startup

Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:25 am

+1
I have been thinking about the heroes. And instead of having Avalon at the start, have Vallari as she is also a neutral hero (Does not buff any 1 race)
Then you only need to change the last hero (imo) humans still get Virion, Dwarves get Gafgar and undead get Cleo. So everyone will have 2 neutral heroes, 1 from all the races (3 heroes for the current patch) and 1 for the selected race.
or
When you select your first hero it will be from 5 heroes, 1 from each race which will then choose your race at the start. then you unlock 5 heroes from each race which will = 6 total heroes with 2 being the race you started with. (Future patch thoughts with Sylph in mind)
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing
 
User avatar
hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Choose race at startup

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:04 am

MatriXz wrote:
Currently everyone starts out with humans. But when you choose to try out the Lich race or Dwarfs, you hafto go throgh the same ranking up, as everyone else, meaning you get alot of heroes that have Humanoid Specific traits, and therefore work better with humanoid armies. Yes you can purchase the undead or dwarf heroes for $59.99 / 99.99 each through the store.

And then you kinda hafto start over with your entire army, because your human soldiers are now worthless with the race change. So you walk around with human heroes, an undead army, and the two dont work together very well.

I would suggest that players get to choose race from the beginning on a new server. Then choose between one of 3 heroes specific for the chosen race. And then have the heroes aquireable through ranking up, being for the specific race.
And then have each hero correspond to a specific hero from the other race, when you change race. Just like with the research and buildings.

OR, change the abilities of heroes to include ANY army type under your control, instead of Avalon's Humanoid only buffs.

We don't have plans to change this system right now but we will pass the suggestion to our team. You can get enough honor to change your race very quick in the early game, I guess the main issue here is the lack of free heroes to support the other races as the starting 3 are Human heroes.
 
User avatar
dorianGREY
Baron
Baron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Choose race at startup

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:06 am

hengli wrote:
We don't have plans to change this system right now but we will pass the suggestion to our team. You can get enough honor to change your race very quick in the early game, I guess the main issue here is the lack of free heroes to support the other races as the starting 3 are Human heroes.


Yes. it does create a very lacking imbalance for free to play players, who realistically wont survive as anything but human, or perhaps dwarf if played well.

The hero and race system needs to be looked into if you want to see a better spread of races across the servers. New system helped but still overwhelming most just stick human because its hard to get to the other races without wasting resources, for most.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok
 
User avatar
hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Choose race at startup

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:58 am

Soon you will be able to get more free heroes in the game, they will be available in the new game feature (for in-game currency so free). I hope this will at least help F2P players to get a hero from the race they want to play with.
 
User avatar
dorianGREY
Baron
Baron
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Re: Choose race at startup

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:15 pm

hengli wrote:
Soon you will be able to get more free heroes in the game, they will be available in the new game feature (for in-game currency so free). I hope this will at least help F2P players to get a hero from the race they want to play with.


That's great news, but does it not de-value the heroes that have been purchased already for the insane prices charged?
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests