Onibaku
Knight
Knight

Ghost Seiging

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:15 pm

We have a few high power members in a different kingdom that are employing what we are calling "Ghost Seige" tactics. What they do is make a new account in OUR kingdom so they can sit that player on the city that they are attacking. When they attack, if any of our players move to defend or attack them, they log off of their attacking account, and use the second account to make sure they only log back on when no one is around and attack again. We cannot defend against these tactics, therefore we feel it is a cheat.

A simple solution would be to relocate a player back to their capital if they log off while in enemy territory. This would also cause very little effect to normal gameplay.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Re: Ghost Seiging

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:30 am

Onibaku wrote:
A simple solution would be to relocate a player back to their capital if they log off while in enemy territory. This would also cause a very little effect on normal gameplay.

I have also seen this tactic used but your suggestion would benefit the cheaters as they escape being attacking. I feel they should get the whole surrender debuff. Yes, that is sad for those that do it by mistake but more people are exploiting it then genuine cases.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Onibaku
Knight
Knight

Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:38 am

Aluminara wrote:
Onibaku wrote:
A simple solution would be to relocate a player back to their capital if they log off while in enemy territory. This would also cause a very little effect on normal gameplay.

I have also seen this tactic used but your suggestion would benefit the cheaters as they escape being attacking. I feel they should get the whole surrender debuff. Yes, that is sad for those that do it by mistake but more people are exploiting it then genuine cases.

I understand that they would "get away", but I would rather them get away than be able to attack immediately. At least if they have to run back and forth after doing this all of the time, others may spot them on the way.

Also, they are ALREADY escaping being attacked just by logging off. So it's really no different. I don't think the surrender debuff should apply, or at least not the full one. Some people do legitimately lose connection.

deDarxo
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:37 pm

My solution to this would be that whenever a player logs off, his hero will stay for 5-10 more seconds before vanishing aswell.

Furthermore: If you quit the game during a siege your hero should not disappear but rather stay until the fight is over and then 5-10 more seconds.

In this short timespan it is possible to challenge the player and make them lose energy (What they would have lost anyway if they didn't quit the game in the first place).

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 am

deDarxo wrote:
My solution to this would be that whenever a player logs off, his hero will stay for 5-10 more seconds before vanishing aswell.

Furthermore: If you quit the game during a siege your hero should not disappear but rather stay until the fight is over and then 5-10 more seconds.

In this short timespan it is possible to challenge the player and make them lose energy (What they would have lost anyway if they didn't quit the game in the first place).

+1
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing