Shu
Viscount
Viscount

Re: Competitive Patron Servers

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:07 am

I'm not against it, but the population will drop for those who are tired of renewing and just want to play as it is. If that's the case then they should add a one time patron requirement as the minimum to be able to join the server. Overall, you can continue with your all linari stuff and no bundles.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:27 am

Heck, make it $10 or even $15 a month and I'm still in, it would still be huge. Would love to see how this game goes when you take the credit card instant gratification out of the equation.
Last edited by ddelucca on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Provectus
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 pm

The other option being you can play for free or Patron only - I believe the point here is that no-one can start playing and in a week have the castle and troops of someone that's been playing for 2 months... Because that's what most of us find ridiculous. I'm not opposed to minor purchases, so people short on time or who wish to catch up can get a boost, but 300k in under a week is mental. They could be sieging your city and you wouldn't have the troop power to even challenge them to a duel.

Alpha
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Nice.

Conflict
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Wouldn't mind them adding in a catch up mechanic.

Example: Anyone who has a castle level that is 3 below the highest castle level gets production/building/training/experience bonuses.
All bonuses scale with how close you are to being caught up. So the further away you are from the threshold, the higher % bonus you get, the closer you are, the less % you get.

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:59 pm

I completely agree with this idea as being great for the players, but realize this would automatically be their least profitable server. And if that mode of play becomes popular, bye bye business model. So I'm doubtful this would be implemented.

ddelucca
Baron
Baron

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:47 pm

Conflict wrote:
Wouldn't mind them adding in a catch up mechanic.

Example: Anyone who has a castle level that is 3 below the highest castle level gets production/building/training/experience bonuses.
All bonuses scale with how close you are to being caught up. So the further away you are from the threshold, the higher % bonus you get, the closer you are, the less % you get.

This is also a great idea. A kind of catch-up mechanic like this would make playing in any server relevant, even as a beginner in an old server. And it means whales going too ahead would end up triggering the bonus for others, creating kind of a balance.

Conflict
Squire
Squire

Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Hate to bring up a dead thread.

MihailCCCP
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:41 am

It is impossible to realize it... besides if whales are to be on separate server they would quit it very soon...
The game is good but they don't think as a long run, just grab the cash as much as possible...

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:04 am

Rajjeq wrote:
I completely agree with this idea as being great for the players, but realize this would automatically be their least profitable server. And if that mode of play becomes popular, bye bye business model. So I'm doubtful this would be implemented.

This is exactly why it never will happen. They are even so greedy to put jaq in chests so never expect this to happen unless its their final way to grab some cash while the game is almost dead. What is required is a less greedy company making a similar game like this and using that model im sure it will become the most popular game over time trough word of mouth and player experience.