Sargon
Baron
Baron

Re: Dueling / Sieging Low Power Players

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:52 am

ArtemisQuinn wrote:
Sargon wrote:
I couldn't say. I constantly see people crying for restrictions on higher level players attacking lower levels out of supposed malice. Personally, i don't think we need any restrictions past possibly restricting repetitive harassment of weak players while they are in their own kingdom just doing PVE.

Yes, but the issues we have been having recently is low level players going into our kingdom and acting as spies. Never attacking any cities but scouting targets for high level players to hit. They get left alone because they are lower level but having that free range can be dangerous.

Honestly i would like to see a system much like the surrender system. Something that would let any player no matter their level PvE in the game without the ability to raid cities/castles. Something that would also be a visible flag on the player in the world. It would also have to be something you could not toggle off and on to get protection while also raiding in between. So once you toggle it on you are in say PvE mode for the rest of the day(twelve to 24hrs). You can go around and get mines and PvE, but cannot raid or even look at cities while in the mode.

Or hell even better have PvE on a separate map. Make it more like the tactics school. Where anyone can do the PvE and not have access to the real map. Thus stopping people from using that as an excuse. Then again I do not know how feasible or realistic that is.

Thats why i would only support a change that makes it harder to harass players in THEIR own kingdom. Players are doing one of two things while on their own turf. PVE, or defending. As long as we don't hinder defending, theres no reason we need to be running around harassing players who are in their own zones without any sort of cost associated.

Soon as they go into another kingdom's zones they are fair game.

ArtemisQuinn
Squire
Squire

Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:22 am

Well seems like they are going to to at least add a Honor cost to attacking people in their own kingdom. I dunno what the cost will be hopefully something high like 100 - 1k to make it painful. However yeah, I still want to see the ability to defend in your own territory more than not see people duel outside of their own territory. Since strong people starting duels outside their territory is fairly rare( at least on my server ). The thought of losing gold troops or any troops depending on your race is painful enough. Beside one never knows if someone is borrowing high level troops on a low power character just for the chance to smash a cocky high level player.

MatriXz
Squire
Squire

Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:23 pm

Ive been victim of being low level on a server.
Heres the situation.
On one hand you HAFTO move out of the capital, in order to gain the higher ranks, and get the priests, spiders, tanks etc. While in your capital you need to have castle level 20 before you can get these.

So i moved to the bottom most city on the map, so fare away from enemy lines that i could come. To start building up. Everyone in that city is a lowbie. castle levels 8-16 at most.
second day i get a visit from a player of 200+ power, who totally destroys my weak walls and level 2-3 soldiers, with his lvl 7-8 gold troops. Back to the capitol i was sent.

Heres the next problem. Once your wall is down, you hafto wait 20 days before that wall is at full hp again. This means that your stuck in the capital until this happens, because that same player will come looking for you every single day, to "get some more free loot".

The warehouse simply hides way to little amounts compared to what you can aquire at that stage in the game, due to the tactical school.

As a low power player, you should have some more protection against raiders of +100% more power that you.
if your attacked, you cannot be attacked by that same player more than 2 times. And their wall dps is halfed.
Or the plunder should have a "noob protection", so they can only plunder 20% of the avaliable resources, or level difference ratio. w/e.
Nevermind the resources stolen, nevermind the weak shit units that need to go through the hospital for several hours. Its the "being thrown back to captial and limited in technology", that hurts the most.

dablu
Baron
Baron

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:44 pm

Nothing needs to be changed in PVP. Everything works perfectly.
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

dorianGREY
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:50 am

MatriXz wrote:
Ive been victim of being low level on a server.
Heres the situation.
On one hand you HAFTO move out of the capital, in order to gain the higher ranks, and get the priests, spiders, tanks etc. While in your capital you need to have castle level 20 before you can get these.

So i moved to the bottom most city on the map, so fare away from enemy lines that i could come. To start building up. Everyone in that city is a lowbie. castle levels 8-16 at most.
second day i get a visit from a player of 200+ power, who totally destroys my weak walls and level 2-3 soldiers, with his lvl 7-8 gold troops. Back to the capitol i was sent.

Heres the next problem. Once your wall is down, you hafto wait 20 days before that wall is at full hp again. This means that your stuck in the capital until this happens, because that same player will come looking for you every single day, to "get some more free loot".

The warehouse simply hides way to little amounts compared to what you can aquire at that stage in the game, due to the tactical school.

As a low power player, you should have some more protection against raiders of +100% more power that you.
if your attacked, you cannot be attacked by that same player more than 2 times. And their wall dps is halfed.
Or the plunder should have a "noob protection", so they can only plunder 20% of the avaliable resources, or level difference ratio. w/e.
Nevermind the resources stolen, nevermind the weak shit units that need to go through the hospital for several hours. Its the "being thrown back to captial and limited in technology", that hurts the most.

move to a city with active players and a team and get them to defend you. I get that a lot of the game is halted because of not being in a city, but the game is very much about team play to have any survival chance.
"Corn chips is no place for a mighty warrior"

Also Known as - Kenshin Himura
Rufio 54 - Crown Prince
Dragonroost 62 - Ex-Icarum King, Ex-Neferak King
Swanshire 102 - Skarn - House Ragnarok

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:32 am

MatriXz wrote:

They are currently trying something like your "noob protection" in that after x amount of resource is stolen the game will put up a "Fail Safe" shield. But that will only stop your resources for being stolen.
The "being thrown back to capital" all you have to do is move to a city, do what you need to do and move back. This is a PvP game where the aim is to take cities. If people cant send you back to the capital then no-one can take cities! The "limited in technology" is a way to force people out of the safety of the Capital. Sorry to say but if you want to not be a low power player on a server you have to put the work in and understand the game a bit. There are guides on this forum to help with that.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

RAKunia
Squire
Squire

Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:26 am

Dear people with low power
Until there are any changes, you need to use your social skills in the game.

here is how people stopped bullying from higher powers in our server.

Low power players (LPP) with high level of resources asked high level players in the same city to defend their cities with golden armies.
When High level players (HLP) attacked the LLPs, golden units on the wall wiped out their units, they probably have 70% injury rate and took them 3 days to recover.
After few of this trap, they now hesitate to attack do siege on a defended players.

With the same principle, you can loan gold units and attack the HLPs and wipe them on the field. 200+k power should have at least 1 gold unit and ask around 8 players around that level to loan them their units.

just make sure you dont lose their golden units