Sargon
Baron
Baron

Dueling / Sieging Low Power Players

Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:14 pm

I am seeing a common request throughout the forums for some form of restriction on sieging or dueling lower level players.. While it is understandably frustrating for lower power players who simply cannot fight or defend players of higher power, we cannot disallow higher power players from attacking low power players. This is pretty straight forward... You have to be able to siege down low level players to capture a city and dueling is the bottom line way to defend your city from raids.

My suggestion on this topic is to reduce the amount of resources available for plunder when there is a major gap in the castle level of the attack and defender.

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Re: Dueling / Sieging Low Power Players

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:51 am

My opinion is not to constantly make changes trying to help people not suck at a pvp game. If you're a low level hold a ton of rss then you just aren't smart, if you aren't having team mates defend you then you aren't smart, and if someone wants your city it doesn't matter what your level is, they will take you out.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 am

solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13281

I am not a huge friend of high levels being able to duel low levels - cause that diminishes the playing experience for low levels (not funny to get steamrolled and loose your troops, on top: some people are bad persons and bullying is never a good thing and should be prohibited to not destroy the gaming experience for low levels, which just does one thing: drive them away from the game) - but I am a friend of integrating low level players and giving them a feeling of also being needed.

this being said, if your city is getting attacked by a swarm of low levels ;-) - lol - they wont do too much damage anyway - why not call in your low levels to defend your city?

my ruleset for duels in the above mentioned thread on top makes duels a "fair game" and promotes skill rather than pay to win (which is the worst gaming concept thats ever been invented).

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:21 pm

Bhaphomet wrote:
solution here:
this being said, if your city is getting attacked by a swarm of low levels ;-) - lol - they wont do too much damage anyway - why not call in your low levels to defend your city?

99% of the interaction that I do next to my house is sending other players raiding my lower level members home. I need to be able to protect my 15k from a 30k. Who cares how much damage they will do? Its a basic principle of the game that you are trying to violate by giving low power players an immunity to duels from higher players when the entire point of the game is to increase in power and be more powerful than other players. If you choose to join an old server, you are choosing to play catchup. There are new servers that give new players a fair place to place.

NEFERAK555
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 am

U are forbidden to enter this KINGDOM?

Or shield 8 hours or move to the CAPITAL ur STRONGHOLD.

Duel challenges , ROB me not TP skill.

Cancel Duel.
ROYAL ARCHIVES RESET
ACADEMY UPGRADES
MAP RESET

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Sargon wrote:
My suggestion on this topic is to reduce the amount of resources available for plunder when there is a major gap in the castle level of the attack and defender.

Leaving the Capital is the low-level players choice, and if that choice leads to them being plundered then that is the concrescence. If they do not wish to be plundered then they should stay in the safety of the Capital. In the words of the Devs "plundering is a major part of the game" (or something like that).

I feel like the better idea is some kind of caught up system, where if you are lower than the top 25% you get some bonus to building cost and/or time. They will never really caught up but with how precious wood is now more than ever, f2p players will not be able to upgrade their castle as soon as it is up.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Many high levels don't care about your loot when you are low level unless it's a lot and if it is then anyone would take it.

High levels burn your castle to take the city. I can deal over 150k wall damage in one attack. Why would I sit there and plunder your measely 30k resources when I could spend my energy one shotting cities.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

ArtemisQuinn
Squire
Squire

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 am

Honestly it depends on the situation. Really I would like to see a cap on higher level players starting duels with lower level players. Lets say putting it at someone who has twice the power not being able to duel someone outside their own Kingdom. However I do understand the nature of this game. I would say that if you are in the enemy territory on a raiding mission or even fighting PvE then you should be fair game for anyone who is of that Kingdom. So a high level player in their own territory can defend lower level cities/people from raids. Even letting a low level player attack a high level player in their own territory would be fine. If I cannot defend my city from high level players then what is the point. Even if my army is going to get wiped, that just means hospital time, and the chance to MAYBE take out a few high end troops. With enough low level players you can defend cities from high level players. Just with the new system it makes doing that impossible.

As far as raiding goes, it needs to be for the most part all fair game, since you do have to destroy all the Castles in a city to take it. If you leave your starting city then you need to be prepared to be attacked and possibly destroyed, that is the nature of the game. However there should also be some consideration for lower levels, maybe imposing a percentage loss on rss looted. So the farther the gap in castle level the less of a percentage you can loot. This would not only help lower level players keep their rss but also make it so that other low level players get more rss from people their own level. Thus giving newer people or weaker people more opportunity to loot and get stronger. Rather than the current system of the strong get everything and the weak are left only the scraps. Which at some point is going to make people drop out. When I know I have no chance of raiding and getting rss to get stronger then what is the point of even continuing.

Thus with that system high level players can still play towards the end game( not that their really is one ) of taking cities and growing their kingdom. While also letting lower level players grow in the shadow of giants. Since as a high level player you can attack lower level castles and take something, but not everything. Which will leave more for lower level players to clean the vault now that the defenses are down. Which leads to more cooperation among players. High level players opening the doors with almost no effort or loss, while us pilot fish clean up the scraps, before the castle is destroyed and the city taken.

Then again that is just my opinion on the matter, who knows what will come with all this talk of server merging and the lot.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:14 am

Zinek wrote:
Many high levels don't care about your loot when you are low level unless it's a lot and if it is then anyone would take it.

High levels burn your castle to take the city. I can deal over 150k wall damage in one attack. Why would I sit there and plunder your measely 30k resources when I could spend my energy one shotting cities.

I couldn't say. I constantly see people crying for restrictions on higher level players attacking lower levels out of supposed malice. Personally, i don't think we need any restrictions past possibly restricting repetitive harassment of weak players while they are in their own kingdom just doing PVE.

ArtemisQuinn
Squire
Squire

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Sargon wrote:
I couldn't say. I constantly see people crying for restrictions on higher level players attacking lower levels out of supposed malice. Personally, i don't think we need any restrictions past possibly restricting repetitive harassment of weak players while they are in their own kingdom just doing PVE.

Yes, but the issues we have been having recently is low level players going into our kingdom and acting as spies. Never attacking any cities but scouting targets for high level players to hit. They get left alone because they are lower level but having that free range can be dangerous.

Honestly i would like to see a system much like the surrender system. Something that would let any player no matter their level PvE in the game without the ability to raid cities/castles. Something that would also be a visible flag on the player in the world. It would also have to be something you could not toggle off and on to get protection while also raiding in between. So once you toggle it on you are in say PvE mode for the rest of the day(twelve to 24hrs). You can go around and get mines and PvE, but cannot raid or even look at cities while in the mode.

Or hell even better have PvE on a separate map. Make it more like the tactics school. Where anyone can do the PvE and not have access to the real map. Thus stopping people from using that as an excuse. Then again I do not know how feasible or realistic that is.