Sargon
Baron
Baron

PVP Suggestion

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:09 am

Devs,

1. This game is in dire need of a casual duel mode that lets any players (even same faction) fight each other purely for fun - no units in hospital or dead. You have a really cool combat system in this game, with a lot of PvP depth that is undiscovered due to the insanely high costs of engaging in PvP. One of the two players will likely lose everything, and be in the hospital for many days, if not weeks behind in resources, while the winner will still probably lose a large chunk of their army if the match is close in power. The current duel system plays a very important role in the game, however, don't get me wrong, duels are actually a super fun aspect of the game that a large majority of the players will simply never partake in due to the risk of being out of commission for multiple days.

2. I think that to take this game to the next level (just look at successful games like Clash Royale), you will need to implement a ranked PvP ladder system. This could be as simple as an ELO based ladder where you queue up, fight other players (same rules as tactics school), and the winner increases in rating while the loser decreases. You could get cute with match making by having each player set up a ranked deployment and then create ladder brackets based on deployment power rather than total power, but i'd honestly take any sort of ranked PvP over nothing. I would also suggest that playing this costs no energy, as letting people play it a ton would likely pay off in linari purchases anyway.

As an avid PvP gamer, I hope that you will consider pushing PvP further in AoC. You have something special here when it comes to pvp combat that suites a mobile plat fom incredibly well, which is not easy to find.

Best,

Sargon

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Re: PVP Suggestion

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:25 am

So at first I was completely against your idea. I'm tired of people whining about a "friendly duel" mode. It's just a way to show off and fake fight without there being any reason. However your point 2 is brilliant. Adding an actual pvp game into the existing game would be so awesome. Setting up a squad you want to use and being matched with players of equal deployment power to see who has better tech, troops, and hero skills would be so cool.

At this point in time I have no idea how good my mechs really are, or how important the repair skill is for gafgar, or if I should focus rockets or snipers for ranged because I don't fight people often, and never at my level. I would lose tons of resources for absolutely nothing. A pvp system asking players who want to participate to que up and then reward them with anything from glory to rss to lunari for winning repeatedly would add so much play time to this game. Thank you for this idea and I really hope this at least gets seen by the devs and considered

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:41 am

has my support ... would be a great addition ... thumbs up !!! and way better method to give players a way to "brag" about their PVP power than to steamroll other players with bought shiat and leave their army in wreckage ...

when you are at it, make PvP more fair, by restricting how many gold troops you can add and how much power you can deploy on the battlefield

for example:

- max 5 gold troops
- max 1000-1500 power per castle lvl (most important rule)
- no duels vs way weaker players - meassure it by castle lvl - +-4 levels seems about right
- those rules should also apply to the new PvP ranking system sargon suggests

because there is no fun in playing vs players on uneven ground ... as long as you can BUY a victory just save your time and dont add any more PvP aspect to the game. I can live with the fact that someone outsmarts me, but "outspending" me just sux and doesnt really help your revenue at all in the end. people will get discouraged at some point in the game - I have witnessed it again and again in other games and left them ... and I wasnt the only one .. at some point only whales are left ... and they will leave once they dont have opponenets to fight anymore.
Last edited by Bhaphomet on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:16 pm

yes, the pvp system needs to be adjusted because the risk is too high to engage in it.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

Rajjeq
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 pm

It is interesting that the whole purpose of the game is to build up an army which people are then afraid to use because of the ridiculous heal times and 30% loss rates.

Carogna
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:16 pm

I World like to see a ladder and also a tournament in safe mode as for tactic school between commanders
And a more real pvp
With bonus for honor...
At high lvl honor is real "not good"
And if someone flee pvp, a lost or honor
Dwarf realm 52