Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Dev Roadmap 2017

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:22 am

Is there any way you guys can release a roadmap of what you are currently focusing on and the time frames? That way we can stop spamming you with things that you are already aware of and working on, and focus on refining and adding on to things.

Freezee
Knight
Knight

Re: Dev Roadmap 2017

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:10 am

This would be a huge step forward. However the biggest reason I can see this never happening is that everything we have seen thus far is pushing this game away from strategy and towards a far more pay to win war game. An outline of 2017 could just prove our fears and cause much of their money to bail early.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:43 pm

Also I looked at the mod list and there are no devs that post here... Just a community manager. So basically the devs sit in a windowless room, don't play the game or if they do they don't care enough about it to join their own forums. They don't care for or want player feedback or interaction which would explain why they keep pushing forward with changes that the vast majority of the phase that I interact with agrees is BAD for the game

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:46 pm

I was introduced to lilith via soul hunters and although I lost interest I was impressed by the variety of gameplay, the relative balance of heroes, and the viability of f2p. AoC seems like its coming entirely from a different company trying to run it into the ground. I never thought I would be so critical and hate yo see myself sounding like this but as paying customers we do deserve a voice

Krakatoa
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:20 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Also I looked at the mod list and there are no devs that post here... Just a community manager. So basically the devs sit in a windowless room, don't play the game or if they do they don't care enough about it to join their own forums. They don't care for or want player feedback or interaction which would explain why they keep pushing forward with changes that the vast majority of the phase that I interact with agrees is BAD for the game

I've seen posts from people that I have thought are either developers or patsies because of how vehemently they defend Lilith and everything they do, like they can do no wrong. However, I finally realized I was wrong when I saw some of those posts showed the people didn't even know how to calculate a simple percentage or figure out the results of a change when it involved figuring more than 3 steps down the road. I agree with you, it would be interesting to hear what the developers think of their own game, whether they care or even want the player feedback.
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 am

Krakatoa wrote:
Apollyon wrote:

I've seen posts from people that I have thought are either developers or patsies because of how vehemently they defend Lilith and everything they do, like they can do no wrong. However, I finally realized I was wrong when I saw some of those posts showed the people didn't even know how to calculate a simple percentage or figure out the results of a change when it involved figuring more than 3 steps down the road. I agree with you, it would be interesting to hear what the developers think of their own game, whether they care or even want the player feedback.

Hi, what you asked for in the first post sounds like a Kickstarter campaign style, where you support a game in the early development process and get updates from the developer. This is not realistic and I've never heard about any mobile game that does that. We are already doing developer diaries to tell players in advance about content that is going live, surveys that ask players opinions about certain game features and we do check feedback posted in these forums/facebook/facebook groups/discord/reddit.

I am the community manager from the game as you said, I'm always in the forum getting player feedback and trying my best to help you guys. Game designers and programmers have their own responsibilities and will get feedback trough the ones that are in touch with the players so you don't need to worry about that. In the near future we intend to open more channels and ways of lettings the players help us to improve Art of Conquest, as long as you are active in the Art of Conquest community I'm sure you will be able to be part of it. :)

Moved to suggestions.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:37 am

No, its a completely different concept. We are well aware that we are not investors or kickstarter contributors. I am just asking for a road map so that we don't spam you guys with ideas that don't mesh at all with your current plans. It would also allow us to point out downsides to things far enough in advance that you can take them into account when they are being implemented to negate those downsides. Like migration and the change to the academy. It sounds like you guys had good intentions going in, but the side effects were not taken into consideration. If we had known of the plans in advance we could have told you ways to implement it to avoid the hugely lopsided, single kingdom rule leading to server stagnation and death.

You would have still allowed migration, only fine tuned it so that it was actually used as planned.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:40 am

hengli wrote:
Hi, what you asked for in the first post sounds like a Kickstarter campaign style, where you support a game in the early development process and get updates from the developer. This is not realistic and I've never heard about any mobile game that does that.

With the new content that is planned like the 2 new races and what has been introduced recently like the king system, I would think this game is in "early" development or early access. We may not all pay to support the game but many do in small part, which makes me think of this game like a Kickstarter campaign style model. Obviously, that is my opinion though.

We kind of had a small road map with the super units, the king, and races as coming soon. I like the Dev dairies but they are posted with intrigue instead of Dev thoughts and maybe even reasons behind changes. Like the Devs thought Lich should be able to plunder more because.... The scorpions had the plunder bonus? Egyptians love to hoard their riches or are thieves?

I have never been involved in game development, so I am curious as to why this is not realistic. As for the last part, that is how pioneers are made. Break the mold, be bold, try going a little further and push that boundary :D
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

NEFERAK555
Knight
Knight

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:05 am

Devs or Mods how do we know what is next big thing

can happen to Art of CON.

What new ABILITIES to add to our heroes juz for fun!

What new events or dungeons game mode can be integrated into gameplay?
ROYAL ARCHIVES RESET
ACADEMY UPGRADES
MAP RESET

hengli

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 am

Apollyon wrote:
No, its a completely different concept. We are well aware that we are not investors or kickstarter contributors. I am just asking for a road map so that we don't spam you guys with ideas that don't mesh at all with your current plans. It would also allow us to point out downsides to things far enough in advance that you can take them into account when they are being implemented to negate those downsides. Like migration and the change to the academy. It sounds like you guys had good intentions going in, but the side effects were not taken into consideration. If we had known of the plans in advance we could have told you ways to implement it to avoid the hugely lopsided, single kingdom rule leading to server stagnation and death.

You would have still allowed migration, only fine tuned it so that it was actually used as planned.

I am sorry but it's not a different concept. We are already doing what you said right now from the dev diaries, surveys and discussions here in the forums. Recently you can see that from the merging realms topic that I created. We will keep finding more ways to improve the game based on player feedback and will keep opening channels so every player interested can share their ideas and concerns about game changes/issues.

Aluminara wrote:
hengli wrote:
Hi, what you asked for in the first post sounds like a Kickstarter campaign style, where you support a game in the early development process and get updates from the developer. This is not realistic and I've never heard about any mobile game that does that.

With the new content that is planned like the 2 new races and what has been introduced recently like the king system, I would think this game is in "early" development or early access. We may not all pay to support the game but many do in small part, which makes me think of this game like a Kickstarter campaign style model. Obviously, that is my opinion though.

We kind of had a small road map with the super units, the king, and races as coming soon. I like the Dev dairies but they are posted with intrigue instead of Dev thoughts and maybe even reasons behind changes. Like the Devs thought Lich should be able to plunder more because.... The scorpions had the plunder bonus? Egyptians love to hoard their riches or are thieves?

I have never been involved in game development, so I am curious as to why this is not realistic. As for the last part, that is how pioneers are made. Break the mold, be bold, try going a little further and push that boundary :D

It's a new game but it's far from early access as we tested the game a long time before releasing it worldwide. Some players from the server one have been playing the game for months, much before the official release, that was early access. Dev diaries are intended to let players know in advance about things we are working on, normally fixes and improvements that are being done based on player feedback. I will take your suggestions about them anyway and keep that in mind the next time I write a Dev Diary. :)