Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Surrender debuff

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:16 pm

It sucks. 1 hour of no gameplay lol
Either reduce it to say half an hour or 15m or remove it entirely and reduce the cost by half if you do this as well to immediately remove
I like the concept but it just forces people to go off the game entirely after flagged which is by far what the game wants. We want activity, if everyone gets flagged everyone goes offline. most people feel the need to fight jut because they lose hero energy anyways so why not kill a few troops with hero abilities
Onto my next suggestion: if players dont meet the required power and just bring heroes only so they can waste their enemies heroes and troops, it shouldnt count on the player who brought an armies energy. Its unfair. It wastes energy which is already something that takes too long to get

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Re: Surrender debuff

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Also, if your game crashes during a fight, you get a surrender flag. Making the surrender flag even more suffering for players

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:18 am

Actually the whole flagged thing is almost as stupid as losing energy for fleeing.
If you fight a duel then you should be rewarded for participating in battle not shut down for playing the game.
Should just be the lose of troops and duel as fair consequence for actively playing not a 1hr timeout aswell.

I totally agree with hisoka on the part of opposition accepting but only dropping a single hero or 2 and fodder to cost your heroes energy. People who do this should be given the same debuff as fleeing and the person who did a full attack should not lose stamina from theirs.

To solve this you should remove the -1 stam from fleeing and add a 15min surrender debuff because while fleeing may appear scared it can quite often be that you only have stam on 1 or 2 heroes and cant fight a serious battle..... You shouldn't then lose your remaining hero stamina because you weren't able to complete a full attack.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 am

This debuff is to help when trying to capture a city, being able to stop players from trying to force people into battle while their friend snipes the city. You can just let the timer run out and you lose the stamina but don't get the debuff.

As for the stamina loss, there was a strategy of locking someone completely up by several people chain attacking them, and not placing any heroes. So the affected couldn't play the game due to being in combat for a minute each attack and there was no penalty to the people chain attacking.
Cirilla - Realm 61 - Athaly - Order of Chaos
Aluminara - Realm 39 - Neferak - Free Lancing

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 am

Aluminara wrote:
This debuff is to help when trying to capture a city, being able to stop players from trying to force people into battle while their friend snipes the city. You can just let the timer run out and you lose the stamina but don't get the debuff.

As for the stamina loss, there was a strategy of locking someone completely up by several people chain attacking them, and not placing any heroes. So the affected couldn't play the game due to being in combat for a minute each attack and there was no penalty to the people chain attacking.

That chain attacking strat sounds stupidly unfair to not lose any stam or get the debuff. I understand why it was put in place but thinks its far more negative for the game then any positives.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:54 am

I think one of the biggest over sights you might not be thinking about is, how else are people meant to be able to help defend their Kingsmen. You might be annoyed because it is unfair for you, but think of everyone that you are attacking, how else can people try to stop you.

Maybe have a defenders advantage were if this happens to you on home soil then you don't get the debuff.

Also "Mid game" level 17 heroes take over an hour to recover from injuries anyway.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:08 am

Instead of total power, make it so that it only calculates current army strength and borrowed army strength when seeing if you can attack someone instead of total power.

Also initiate minimum power to deploy so people stop with the whole "only deploy heros and use cleos black hole to blast your units away" strategy.

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:39 am

Aluminara wrote:
I think one of the biggest over sights you might not be thinking about is, how else are people meant to be able to help defend their Kingsmen. You might be annoyed because it is unfair for you, but think of everyone that you are attacking, how else can people try to stop you.

Maybe have a defenders advantage were if this happens to you on home soil then you don't get the debuff.

Also "Mid game" level 17 heroes take over an hour to recover from injuries anyway.

Ahhhhh when I attack people I actually attack. I battle to earn the city or defend the city. Even hearing that you can do that to someone with no debuff I still wouldn't do it. If people want to stop me they fight its that simple and after all its what the game is about yeh?

What I was suggesting was that If you partake in a battle then regardless of a loss you wouldnt get a debuff as you already lost some stam troops and have heroes to heal you should not then have to wait an hr to duel again by force and prevent you trying to stop or defend for a city capture, on top of this the white flag only stops you from initiating duels it in no way stops others from challenging you.

Those trying to capture the city and defending from attackers would then also have the ability to run back and rejoin city capture. Would make for a more involved battle.

Aluminara
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:50 am

Ahhhhh just because you do, doesn't mean everyone is as noble as you are. The white flag on top of injured heroes is a bit of over kill if you lose but what does it matter if you are already out of action because you have 10+hours of healing and 1+hr of injured hero recovery, seems moot to complain to me.

As for the more involved battles, unless you can whale it, one defeat is all it takes to stops you defending/attacking effectively but without the debuff, you can still use the "gorilla" tactics I previously mentioned.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:55 am

Aluminara wrote:

Recovery pots, plus if you fight in enemy or neutral territory you can use troop rush to create new troops in place of dead ones.