sunbow
Baron
Baron

[sun-8] exchanging wall units

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:14 pm

I understand that wall units are not meant to get removed from the wall, since otherwise players would always have a full offense.

I suggest a tiny change though: the ability to exchange troops of the same rarity.
E.g. exchange 24 featherbows for 6 templars.

One reason is tactics. Assuming one mission requires 12 templars and you have 24 featherbows and 24 legionaires in your army and 10+ slots of templars already on your wall.

1) You will need to put the units you normally play on the wall
2) You will need to build even more units you don't need (imagine the wall is full)
3) Finish the mission
4) Put the new units on the wall as well
5) rebuild the units you had before

This is kind of a frustrating process.

Another usecase are sieges: you want golden catapults to destroy some walls, then you want to do field battles again.
With the current slot caps you have to rebuild all golden units each time, so your gameplay gets static and unflexible.

Best regards
sun

Destination

Re: [sun-8] exchanging wall units

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:55 pm

But isnt that what makes this game strategic? That you CANT just always use the best fitting troops? You have to make choices, and often hard choices, thats what makes this game interesting.

Azemeazed
Knight
Knight

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:57 pm

sunbow wrote:
I understand that wall units are not meant to get removed from the wall, since otherwise players would always have a full offense.

I suggest a tiny change though: the ability to exchange troops of the same rarity.
E.g. exchange 24 featherbows for 6 templars.

One reason is tactics. Assuming one mission requires 12 templars and you have 24 featherbows and 24 legionaires in your army and 10+ slots of templars already on your wall.

1) You will need to put the units you normally play on the wall
2) You will need to build even more units you don't need (imagine the wall is full)
3) Finish the mission
4) Put the new units on the wall as well
5) rebuild the units you had before

This is kind of a frustrating process.

Another usecase are sieges: you want golden catapults to destroy some walls, then you want to do field battles again.
With the current slot caps you have to rebuild all golden units each time, so your gameplay gets static and unflexible.

Best regards
sun

Big +1 to this.

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:58 pm

-1 from me
People would just be switching in and out troops when they go offline and just end up being too much bugs from it