Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Attacking same kingdom during capture

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 pm

Simple, remove it. Worst feature to be added to the game. Sure you can prevent people from sniping BUT would you rather have them snipe you OR cause infighting which causes people to quit the game or server, on server 62 players in athaly are so greedy they kill their own teammembers for a big city even if they already have one, which is not the goal of the game. The goal is to expand with your kingdom and get strong not kill yourselves. Sure you are adding a king coming out right? You need 10 cities cooperation to get the king title, but if everyone in your kingdom hates each other because they kill each other for certain cities, eventually nobody gets the king title as nobody likes each other enough to nominate someone

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Re: Attacking same kingdom during capture

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 am

Eh more realism the way it is now.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:57 am

Zinek wrote:
Eh more realism the way it is now.

Yes but it causes people to turn on each other in their own kingdom which is a bad thing, kingdoms should cooperate, they arent enemies

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:21 am

Hisoka wrote:
they kill their own teammembers for a big city even if they already have one, which is not the goal of the game. The goal is to expand with your kingdom and get strong not kill yourselves.

Can you support your claim? Because I'm pretty sure that I've never read anywhere that we have a goal and I should follow it even if I don't like you/my kingdom. Also, no, it's a terrible idea to disable one of the best features of the game.

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:46 am

Disagree, it shouldn't be removed. if my house were to take down a whole city i then dont really want a random kingdom mate to show up with hes 1 member house to just get the city cause he clicked the capture button faster then me...
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Flames
Baron
Baron

Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:24 am

Julianus wrote:
Disagree, it shouldn't be removed. if my house were to take down a whole city i then dont really want a random kingdom mate to show up with hes 1 member house to just get the city cause he clicked the capture button faster then me...

Agree to disagree.
I actually like the new way they implemented it to have some more fair fight for it.

Julianus
Knight
Knight

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:24 am

Flames wrote:
Julianus wrote:

Agree to disagree.
I actually like the new way they implemented it to have some more fair fight for it.

If both houses did equal work then yes, but if some lets small house/middle big house did all the work and just 2-3 whales/long time players walked in and toke it from them. so yea both sides have ups and downs
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:10 am

Whats really funny in this manner is it was never supposed to be this way. When a ticket was submitted with information stating that the same kingdom was able to attack their own kingdom's players when capturing a city they said "no thats not possible" and asked for screen shots.

Personally I think its a stupid part of the game allowing you to attack your own kingdom when capturing a city. While I understand the thoughts of "my house did all the work", that like the house capture system as a whole is flawed.

As it stands now regardless of which kingdom regardless of who did all the work those with the most power, members and money can take it from you with ease.

I would like to see a monitor system implimented keeping record of which house did the most damage, taking into account clearing garrisons aswell as bringing down wall health. House that does the most has First option to capture.

Many systems could easily be introduced to make this simple and fair and not punish those who work hard for it to be beaten down by those that pray on others work.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:45 pm

Parugeon wrote:
As it stands now regardless of which kingdom regardless of who did all the work those with the most power, members and money can take it from you with ease.

I think thats the case with every game that players with the most power, friends or money will have some sort of advantage sometimes.
In every game you can buy something that makes you better than a new players.

Some players will pay some don't, you can't change that.

Parugeon
Knight
Knight

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:40 am

Flames wrote:
Parugeon wrote:

I think thats the case with every game that players with the most power, friends or money will have some sort of advantage sometimes.
In every game you can buy something that makes you better than a new players.

Some players will pay some don't, you can't change that.

Oh I fully understand that, has been happening since one of the first of its genre Evony.
However there needs to be a system in place that rewards the work done giving fairness to an overwhelming ptw game as it is. As it is now all it rewards is those who spend the most and pray on others efforts. If a money spender wanted to spend heaps on stam pots and take down a city by themselves then so be it I wouldnt have an issue. It's the fact they can come in while someone has done all the work and now has a weakened force that they cant defend their claim.

A monitoring system would balance this alot and give more incentives for people to want to work for the cities