User avatar
Xyphonix
Squire
Squire
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Dear Developers of AOC. I realised after playing your game I was pretty impressed by the whole free to roam and battle style. But the problems i believe most participants are facing are, there are no restraints or protection for low power/level players to compete against those who are way over their level. As such, it kills the balance and fairness of the game play.

Powerful high level players taking majority of the castles, duels and robberies. Even after debuff status is in play, lower level victims are not freed from the bondage of getting one sided duels again and castle getting bombarded for resources. Mostly helpless. Even the shield doesn't do enough justice.

Please reconsider the mechanics of the game on the debuff status. Allowing slight protection from other players until the timer is up. And also the imbalance level of playing field which discourages new players from progressing and allowing high level players to bully them into quitting.

I would suggest some tiers of control of which a high level player can randomly attack a lower level player at a capped power level. However if both falls under the same Tier range, no power limit is required.

Also just a side note, If there is a feature where victorious players have a chance of capturing enemy's units would be awesome :)

Thank you and I hope you can take my feedback to heart and consideration. God bless and have a great day!
Image
When is the special day sale's again :?: :?:
Realm 60: Cleo
Kingdom: Icarum
Nick: yphoni✖
House: Phoenix
 
User avatar
Julianus
Knight
Knight
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 am

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 pm

Xyphonix wrote:
Also just a side note, If there is a feature where victorious players have a chance of capturing enemy's units would be awesome :)


If this became true i can already see whales making extra accounts and losing on purpose so they can give their lower acocunts much better and stronger units. Would be better if those were capped at the players current castle level but yea a well balanced troop capture mechanic would be nice.
If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.
-Julius Caesar
 
User avatar
Xyphonix
Squire
Squire
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:25 pm

Julianus wrote:
Xyphonix wrote:
Also just a side note, If there is a feature where victorious players have a chance of capturing enemy's units would be awesome :)


If this became true i can already see whales making extra accounts and losing on purpose so they can give their lower acocunts much better and stronger units. Would be better if those were capped at the players current castle level but yea a well balanced troop capture mechanic would be nice.


Yeah i know, but such mechanics discourages fair play amongst players especially those new potential players who might spend more in the game ends up short-lived just because any 100k++ power account can just walk by and keep rekting them at their base/capital whenever they feel like it. Bad for business if you don't give fresh players room to breathe when they join a city to be instantly taken down the next day or so. :lol:
Image
When is the special day sale's again :?: :?:
Realm 60: Cleo
Kingdom: Icarum
Nick: yphoni✖
House: Phoenix
 
User avatar
Flames
Baron
Baron
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:39 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:49 pm

Xyphonix wrote:
Dear Developers of AOC. I realised after playing your game I was pretty impressed by the whole free to roam and battle style. But the problems i believe most participants are facing are, there are no restraints or protection for low power/level players to compete against those who are way over their level. As such, it kills the balance and fairness of the game play.

Powerful high level players taking majority of the castles, duels and robberies. Even after debuff status is in play, lower level victims are not freed from the bondage of getting one sided duels again and castle getting bombarded for resources. Mostly helpless. Even the shield doesn't do enough justice.

Please reconsider the mechanics of the game on the debuff status. Allowing slight protection from other players until the timer is up. And also the imbalance level of playing field which discourages new players from progressing and allowing high level players to bully them into quitting.

I would suggest some tiers of control of which a high level player can randomly attack a lower level player at a capped power level. However if both falls under the same Tier range, no power limit is required.

Also just a side note, If there is a feature where victorious players have a chance of capturing enemy's units would be awesome :)

Thank you and I hope you can take my feedback to heart and consideration. God bless and have a great day!


Recently in the update about two weeks ago they added the following change to protect the lower players a little more.

"In order to initiate a duel, your Power rating must be at least 50% of your opponent’s Power rating."
 
User avatar
Zinek
Baron
Baron
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:20 am

Flames wrote:
Xyphonix wrote:
Dear Developers of AOC. I realised after playing your game I was pretty impressed by the whole free to roam and battle style. But the problems i believe most participants are facing are, there are no restraints or protection for low power/level players to compete against those who are way over their level. As such, it kills the balance and fairness of the game play.

Powerful high level players taking majority of the castles, duels and robberies. Even after debuff status is in play, lower level victims are not freed from the bondage of getting one sided duels again and castle getting bombarded for resources. Mostly helpless. Even the shield doesn't do enough justice.

Please reconsider the mechanics of the game on the debuff status. Allowing slight protection from other players until the timer is up. And also the imbalance level of playing field which discourages new players from progressing and allowing high level players to bully them into quitting.

I would suggest some tiers of control of which a high level player can randomly attack a lower level player at a capped power level. However if both falls under the same Tier range, no power limit is required.

Also just a side note, If there is a feature where victorious players have a chance of capturing enemy's units would be awesome :)

Thank you and I hope you can take my feedback to heart and consideration. God bless and have a great day!


Recently in the update about two weeks ago they added the following change to protect the lower players a little more.

"In order to initiate a duel, your Power rating must be at least 50% of your opponent’s Power rating."



False. This is one sided. Lower players can. Not challenage higher players. High players can still challenage lower players. This was added so when capturing a city 300k power players wouldn't. Be forced to waste time or energy points fielding one troop against random 5k power players sent there to bide time. Since duels take over a minute to start. This does. Nothing to help low level players.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293
 
User avatar
FlyingScorpion
Squire
Squire
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:00 am

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:29 am

"In order to initiate a duel, your Power rating must be at least 50% of your opponent’s Power rating."

Yes, this will help lower level players so that they are less likely to get into a duel with a higher level player. This is a buff to lower level players, in case you couldn't tell.
 
Jamie
Squire
Squire
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:50 am

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:44 am

The 50% feature is one sided, lower level players can't duel players with twice their power, but higher power rating players can duel anyone below their power rating, if you've ever tested it yourself you'd know that's how it works.
 
Hisoka
Baron
Baron
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:53 pm

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:55 am

Jamie wrote:
The 50% feature is one sided, lower level players can't duel players with twice their power, but higher power rating players can duel anyone below their power rating, if you've ever tested it yourself you'd know that's how it works.

This but if high level players couldnt Attack lowers, then what would they do if say a 100k is attacking their city but a 200k cant xhallenge them cus 50% power less
Would be dumb if it was for both ways, i know as a house leader i kill attackers often and most are weaker by half in terms of might
 
User avatar
Xyphonix
Squire
Squire
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:57 am

I'm glad this is generating some mixed opinions and attention. Hopefully this issue will reach the admins and developers to re-think the problem. :P
Image
When is the special day sale's again :?: :?:
Realm 60: Cleo
Kingdom: Icarum
Nick: yphoni✖
House: Phoenix
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Fairness, Game Balance and Capture Unit Suggestions

Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:59 am

Flames wrote:
Xyphonix wrote:
Dear Developers of AOC. I realised after playing your game I was pretty impressed by the whole free to roam and battle style. But the problems i believe most participants are facing are, there are no restraints or protection for low power/level players to compete against those who are way over their level. As such, it kills the balance and fairness of the game play.

Powerful high level players taking majority of the castles, duels and robberies. Even after debuff status is in play, lower level victims are not freed from the bondage of getting one sided duels again and castle getting bombarded for resources. Mostly helpless. Even the shield doesn't do enough justice.

Please reconsider the mechanics of the game on the debuff status. Allowing slight protection from other players until the timer is up. And also the imbalance level of playing field which discourages new players from progressing and allowing high level players to bully them into quitting.

I would suggest some tiers of control of which a high level player can randomly attack a lower level player at a capped power level. However if both falls under the same Tier range, no power limit is required.

Also just a side note, If there is a feature where victorious players have a chance of capturing enemy's units would be awesome :)

Thank you and I hope you can take my feedback to heart and consideration. God bless and have a great day!


Recently in the update about two weeks ago they added the following change to protect the lower players a little more.

"In order to initiate a duel, your Power rating must be at least 50% of your opponent’s Power rating."


Please forgive me but your statement is not correct. Let me illustrate it in easy math for you:

If my power is 25K and yours is 100K, my power rating is only 25% of yours and therefore I cannot initiate a duel. This would apply until my power was at 50K and only if yours remained at 100K. However, if YOU were to initiate the duel, your power rating would be 200% compared to mine (in the starting example I just provided) and you would be able to kick my "you know what" as many times as you wanted.

Now let me turn the tables. In order for you to know how the little guy feels, someone with at least 400K power would have to duel you. I don't know very many players with that power rating and those who have it are usually the ones that control a whole server. However, NOBODY with less than 200K can initiate a duel with them.

Sort of letting a mosquito know that until it grows, it shouldn't bother an elephant
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MicheleBus and 15 guests