Hiems
Baron
Baron

Strategical suggestions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:14 am

1-
It's a big mistake that anyone on the entire kingdom can see who is defending who, it opens so much space for newly created alts and undermines your defense capacity since it's not hard to rush castle to 5-6 and just take a look at some cities. My suggestion is that only the house members can see who's defending who. This way, houses that requires approval to join can use this mechanism to not allow spies.

2-
Not allow house members to jump from city space to city space each X hours. I would suggest 24 hours, but I don't know if it's a little bit too much (in my opinion it's not). Again, another suggestion to not allow alts to completely make your city useless. First because you have no way to see who's jumping where, second because sometimes when conquering cities some leaders will open the house to help with the conquer, and it's fairly easy to someone with alts infiltrate.

3-
Sharing replays with the kingdom chat and house chat. Sometimes you have an important replay that you would like to share with your kingdom or even with your house before the replay don't appear anymore on the relatory page. The replay is a great tool, it shows more clearly what the enemy have on their side and how troops are positioned. Shouldn't be locked with the house relatory only, since on a lot of servers the kingdom vs kingdom spirit is alive (and it also will improve this spirit).

4-
Group chat. For example, if I want to make an alliance, the best I can do is talking with the guild leader of the other house and that's it. Group chat would improve the communication from both houses, improve the alliance "mechanic" (yea, it's not an official mechanic but 1/2 of good houses have alliances) and even improve the internal communication on a house since you could make a chat for, let's say, only ministers and such.

5-
City governor should be able to move castles from one space to another, and swap members. Let's say that I have 1 inactive player, but he will come back and I know that he will (happens very often if your communication with your house is good) and I want to move him from the Elixir spot to some random spot with no bonus at all, swaping him with another member. You could even have a timer (10 hours, because the ruins lasts 10 hours) to finish the swap.

Random suggestions:

1-
Trophies shop. I do think that you, devs, are trying to improve the trophies system but I think it's far from good (I'm sorry but that's the truth). Why not a trophy shop to encourage players to duel? Realistically, after Duke you have nothing to do with trophies. 0. Why not heroes for a X amounth of trophies? A high amount? We all know that you want money, everybody does, it's a business, but players dueling 24/7 and servers full of active players will make you get money. That's how it works: if you have a ghost town, no one will spend anything after a couple of weeks (unless they're very dumb).

2-
Selling items, or discard, or fusion. For the love of God. I need to scrool down something like 1 minute to see all my items.

3-
Changing heroes when starting on a new server
- thank you for this one.

4-
Option "complete squad" when recruiting army. For example, a button to press that when you have 10 archers on your army, you can recruit 14 more to fill your squad (if you have enough resources and space ofc). It's just for commodity, not really necessary, but it's easy to make a button like that, shouldn't be a problem.

5-
Not suggesting Latin languages (english, french, portuguese, spanish etc) together with "others" (Russian, Arabic, Chinese etc) on the same kingdom when the server starts.

6-
More informations about changing races. It's not good to see some new players wasting all their researches when they get Lich because they didn't know what happens.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Re: Strategical suggestions

Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:52 pm

Hiems wrote:
Group chat. For example, if I want to make an alliance, the best I can do is talking with the guild leader of the other house and that's it. Group chat would improve the communication from both houses, improve the alliance "mechanic" (yea, it's not an official mechanic but 1/2 of good houses have alliances) and even improve the internal communication on a house since you could make a chat for, let's say, only ministers and such.

Trophies shop. I do think that you, devs, are trying to improve the trophies system but I think it's far from good (I'm sorry but that's the truth). Why not a trophy shop to encourage players to duel? Realistically, after Duke you have nothing to do with trophies. 0. Why not heroes for a X amounth of trophies? A high amount? We all know that you want money, everybody does, it's a business, but players dueling 24/7 and servers full of active players will make you get money. That's how it works: if you have a ghost town, no one will spend anything after a couple of weeks (unless they're very dumb).

Selling items, or discard, or fusion. For the love of God. I need to scrool down something like 1 minute to see all my items.

Option "complete squad" when recruiting army. For example, a button to press that when you have 10 archers on your army, you can recruit 14 more to fill your squad (if you have enough resources and space ofc). It's just for commodity, not really necessary, but it's easy to make a button like that, shouldn't be a problem.

They are already working on number 1 & 3.

Number 2 is already mentioned a couple times, so a lot players support this.
And i totally support number 4, it would be even more quicker to work with.

Zinek
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:22 pm

I agree with flames and am excited for future content.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293

Hisoka
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Although if they dont suggest the thing, kingdoms will be more likely not to have new players join, more would be discouraged from joining certain kingdoms as it wont say which is recommended and they fall due to lack of players

Hiems
Baron
Baron

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:00 pm

Hisoka wrote:
Although if they dont suggest the thing, kingdoms will be more likely not to have new players join, more would be discouraged from joining certain kingdoms as it wont say which is recommended and they fall due to lack of players

But that's not what I said. I said not suggesting latin languages »together« with other languages like chinese on the same kingdom.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 am

I agree that the communication will go smoother if they have sometimes specified language or area servers.