Jamie
Squire
Squire

My Top Three Suggestions

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:20 am

After playing this game for awhile, I wanted to share some of my thoughts on improving the game. I had a lot of ideas but here are my top three suggestions that I feel would improve the game.

1. Friendly PvP duels: Friendly PvP duels would be similar to tactics school where participants would not lose troops or mana when casting abilities, ideally, these duels could be between any two players regardless of faction. Currently many players initiate duels against players of much lower might or just avoid dueling altogether because hospital times become very punishing and because there is no real benefit to dueling which de-incentivizes what in my opinion is the most fun part of the game. Perhaps in the future these duels can extend across realms in a matchmaking system where players of similar power/castle level can duel each other.

2. Honor Rewards: Again, there really is no real benefit to PvP because everyone caps out on honor in the mid-late game anyways, having an honor shop adds more purpose to PvP, I like the current scaling honor rewards but I feel it caps out too quickly and there needs to be more rewards.

3. Respawning PvE minion encounters: After hitting castle lvl 20+, units/buildings become more expensive resulting in players having less resources, respawning the minion encounters on a timer (and scaling them to the players level) would add another way to acquire resources as well as adding content to the late game.

Destination

Re: My Top Three Suggestions

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:40 am

I really like the idea of friendly PvP, it would give people a better possibility over normal PvP fighting eachother without getting punished for it for the next week. And additionaly you could try out stuff way better if you could fight someone without killing all your troops while doing it. It would be best if the heros would also not lose any energy when used in a friendly PvP battle.

Flames
Baron
Baron

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Jamie wrote:
After playing this game for awhile, I wanted to share some of my thoughts on improving the game. I had a lot of ideas but here are my top three suggestions that I feel would improve the game.

1. Friendly PvP duels: Friendly PvP duels would be similar to tactics school where participants would not lose troops or mana when casting abilities, ideally, these duels could be between any two players regardless of faction. Currently many players initiate duels against players of much lower might or just avoid dueling altogether because hospital times become very punishing and because there is no real benefit to dueling which de-incentivizes what in my opinion is the most fun part of the game. Perhaps in the future these duels can extend across realms in a matchmaking system where players of similar power/castle level can duel each other.

2. Honor Rewards: Again, there really is no real benefit to PvP because everyone caps out on honor in the mid-late game anyways, having an honor shop adds more purpose to PvP, I like the current scaling honor rewards but I feel it caps out too quickly and there needs to be more rewards.

3. Respawning PvE minion encounters: After hitting castle lvl 20+, units/buildings become more expensive resulting in players having less resources, respawning the minion encounters on a timer (and scaling them to the players level) would add another way to acquire resources as well as adding content to the late game.

I have to agree fully about the honor. The "honor shop" has been suggested in another thread already too and with some balancing i really like the idea.

Apollyon
Baron
Baron

Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:47 pm

Agree with all of the above. #3 has largely been underrepresented IMO. As PvE resources are eliminated in the early game, in the middle and late game it causes resource shortages - meaning that whales lower their standards as to what constitutes a raidable city - it makes it so that only the top tier of the server has anything to do - while middle and lower levels cant hit high level castles and have no raidable targets that they can overcome the defenses or or defend against revenge attacks. If middle level and lower level players were able to maintain a PvE game, they could slowly build up through activity instead of constantly being pushed back down the slippery slope by people 3-4x their power level. There is no incentive to play if you are already behind the curve.

FlyingScorpion
Squire
Squire

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 am

I agree with Apolly, after all PVE spawns are dead, the incentive to play goes downhill very fast if you are losing. There is no comeback mechanic, and whoever is winning just snowballs out of control.