User avatar
Destination
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 654
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Re: Game improvements?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:08 pm

Another thing that came to my mind resently, i think you should see what race the guy you are going to fight is, there are different strategies vs different races, but how am i supposed to chose the right one when not even knowing what my enemy is? :)
And there are some people i would fight(judging from their power lvl) when knowing that they are human, but wouldnt even think about knowing that they are lich.
 
User avatar
Apollyon
Baron
Baron
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:21 am

Re: Game improvements?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Destination wrote:
Another thing that came to my mind resently, i think you should see what race the guy you are going to fight is, there are different strategies vs different races, but how am i supposed to chose the right one when not even knowing what my enemy is? :)
And there are some people i would fight(judging from their power lvl) when knowing that they are human, but wouldnt even think about knowing that they are lich.

Definitely agree - this is super important imo since different strategies are useful against different races.
 
User avatar
Flames
Baron
Baron
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:39 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Game improvements?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Cheerios7204 wrote:
I'd like to add to Sparkles comments. This game has an amazing base, but is still very shallow. It needs more content. I've been playing for 1 week and i'm already running out of things to do. No one loves to grind to level up, but if you give a greater purpose and some engaging features, you'll keep players coming back and willing to spend money or invest more time into the game. I played Clash of Clans for two years and loved it. The reason I quit...the end game was too grindy and not worth the major effort of minuscule rewards. Like Sparkles mentioned, the greater the risk, the greater the reward and right now this game does not have good enough rewards for the grind that it requires. I see myself playing this game at most for a month before quitting and moving on, unless i see something that is fun enough to keep me from leaving.

Here's some of my pet peeves:

* The shops/markets on the map are cool, but there's way too much demand. The inventory runs out in seconds and if you're a new player, you'll probably get attacked with seconds of it opening up by a stronger player and you can't use the shops anyways

* The game freezes up way too often. I send in the data, hopefully your developers can stabilize the game a little more.

* You can queue up buildings and research but the resources don' t get pulled away and so it still makes you a bigger target, it'd be nice if the resources got spent with things that are queued up.


There is some truth in what you said, but you have to remember that this game is quite new. So of course there needs to be more content but they are working on this already. So probably you should give the game more than one month to convince you because making a great game with good content doesn't happen on one month, it will keep on getting better but it will take several months.

I kinda agree about the shops but there is another side on this too. Indeed new players may find it hard to obtain something. But as in every game players with high ranks often have nothing to do anymore and want something for them too. So it gives the new ones a challenge to become better to be able to obtain stuff in the shop and it gives better players a privilege.

I think the freezing is different for each player depending on the device and other factors. Because i play the game for a couple months now and havent had one freeze yet, but i'm playing on a new iPhone 7 Plus so maybe if you have a less powerful device it could crash more.
 
User avatar
Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 am

Re: Game improvements?

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:22 am

One other new discovery, I just created some villagers using Avalon's skill. They take up 5 bronze spots per villager and only give one more gold coin per hour. That's ridiculous! I feel that his ultimate ability is totally nerfed! So for forty extra bronze slots, I can get 192 more gold per day...wow.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly
 
User avatar
Krakatoa
Knight
Knight
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Game improvements?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 am

Sparkles wrote:
What isn't the solution? Duke units, new ranks and new races. These are bandaid 'fixes' that add content in the short term but fail to address the underlying issue.

That's my 2c and my biggest concern for what is a game with a fantastic concept and foundation.


Excellent comment and oh so true. Great concept and foundation but somewhere along the line it seems the game went off track. The small terrain for each server gets tremendously boring after a short time and there are only so many times I can go around looking for resources. Fighting with other players would be fun if only I knew that the fights would be fair. Unfortunately, the game is not geared towards fairness but on the contrary, it encourages bullying and the tyranny of those who can spend more money on the game than I can (don't tell me they got 12 heroes just by being better players!). Furthermore, since it's a closed environment, it's basically like throwing a bunch of dogs in a box with a couple of bones (sorry, not calling anybody a dog, simply an analogy), giving them one extra bone a week, and wondering what will happen in 6 months (the answer is in all the empty and dead servers). Even the alpha dog, the big winner, the numero uno, the big kahuna, has to move eventually because I'm sure it gets really boring when he or she is the only one living in the island.

Right now it would appear that the developers are catering to the sharks and whales. That may provide a big infusion of income in the short run but it will not support the game in the long run and will end up costing them much more than whatever they might make now. F2P players may not spend nearly as much as P2W but the money is in the numbers. It comes down to a choice, get the $100 from the 1000 P2W players or get the $1 from the 1 million F2P players. Once that decision has been made then the adjustments to the game can be made and maybe the game will really live up to its name because right now the way things stand, it will not be remembered as Art of Conquest but sadly as Art of Cannibalism
:twisted: Krakatoa :twisted:

CURRENTLY:
Server 23
Green
Krakatoa

_____________________________
"Karma is simply life's bank account. Nobody can live on overdraft forever"
 
Parugeon
Knight
Knight
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:02 am

Re: Game improvements?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:01 am

Some of the ideas for future content that people have suggested sound amazing. Personally I would like a bigger map with kingdom's more evenly placed upon them giving all a more even start eg 3x3 square. More big and giant cities with them being placed more central to each kingdom. A central zone that would hold the royal capital allowing for a weekly event to try and capture it starting after the first giant city is captured. This would give the duke and prince rewards an actual use and would allow for a 4th teir of troops say 20gold spaces gets you 1 diamond or legendary troop space. I would also like to see dungeons reset daily for everyone across entire map regardless of territory allowing for more pve enjoyment and could even be adjusted to every 36-48hrs. Stam recovery time is to excessive atm though while at lower levels 2hrs seems fine, might I suggest modifying at levels so 1-5 is 2hrs per point 6-10 is 1.5hrs and 11-20 is 1hr and 21+ drops to 45mins. This would help keep people active and not stam starved after a few atracks. Another thing to keep more people active and involved with the game is heal times as right now it is just stupid taking the same time to heal as it does to build even with it being free so I would suggest a 1/5 of training time as heal time to help keep yoi going and not punish you for playing the game. Purchases such as heroes should be server wide and should cost no more than $49 for the highest tier though switching servers would ultimately reset hero to lvl1 patron should also be server wide, to much greed becomes a heavy negative. A few servers where entry requires a small purchase but once in that server nothing but heroes and chests are available in the shop for those that just want to enjoy the game for what it is without the wallet players running rampant. One big area that I feel needs addressing soon is the city capture process. As it stands now people can stand back while others do all the hard work and use all there stam to then have it ripped out from under them. Personally a system that gauges how much damage each house that attacks that city does and at the demise of that city it goes to the leading house. In the case where that house has no spots for a city would go to second and so on. To prevent people taking it while others are sleeping a 12hr hold or shield could be placed on that city after final castle is destroyed or until at least 3 members of that house have joined city. The city release needs a little bit of work aswell as no single person should have the ability to drop a house and again feel that an agreement pop up for 2 house leaders to select either agree or denied so that accidental or intentionally hurting the house can not be done.
One huge flaw that I almost forgot about that needs attention soon is the revenge ability, while your in the capital you can attack player cities and castles but can't loot but atm if someone revenge attacks you and your at the capital they have full access to your loot...... dumbest thing ever. If you are in the capital you should be protected from all attacks including revenge. Its where your supposed to be safe from all attacks and to rebuild and this I feel needs to be fixed to allow people to make comebacks once their kingdoms have been pushed back.


Well hope that wasnt to long winded. The game is enjoyable if not heavily driven by money so hope these idead could help

Parugeon
 
User avatar
hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

Re: Game improvements?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:20 am

Cheerios7204 wrote:
One other new discovery, I just created some villagers using Avalon's skill. They take up 5 bronze spots per villager and only give one more gold coin per hour. That's ridiculous! I feel that his ultimate ability is totally nerfed! So for forty extra bronze slots, I can get 192 more gold per day...wow.

We removed it in the next update:
Because “Shared Ambition” is being removed, after the update any Peasants previously summoned by that ability will automatically be removed from your army. The gold value of these troops will be returned to you in the mail.
 
User avatar
Tom
Squire
Squire
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 am

Re: Game improvements?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks hengli, patch looks interesting. Love the King and migration features and the fact that you can use buildings while they're upgrading. However, although the patch addresses hero and race imbalances, resource and wait time imbalances – serious problems that all players face, not just those playing a certain race or certain heroes – still remain unaddressed. I sincerely hope these issues will be mitigated in the next patch.

In the meantime, here are a few suggestions that might aid with resource/wait time issues:

1. There could be a chance-based bonus added to mines, mills, and magic springs. For example, every time a player visits a mine/mill/spring, they could have a 20% chance of gaining a +50% resource bonus.

2. The price of rare minerals in the shop should be decreased. 2.5k gold for 10 mithril is incredibly disproportionate, especially during late game. 2.5k gold for 25 mithril would be more worth it.

3. Increased rewards for the city income bars. There's little point in paying attention to the income point rewards right now because the rewards are negligible. Especially in late game, when everyone resorts to holding cities with just three or four people because there aren't enough available players – something like 30 crystals isn't nearly enough motivation for any sort of friendly in-house competition or enthusiastic energy expenditure.

4. Fewer rare minerals required to upgrade troops. Training gold and silver troops is bad enough, but once you upgrade their respective buildings, your stash of rare resources will be gone in a flash – especially since the only way to protect against heavy-hitters during late game is to pump golds and silvers into your garrison. It is pure hell trying to get enough resources to train, replace, and maintain gold and silver troops.

5. Troops should take about 60% of the time to heal than to train. I think someone else suggested something similar. The inevitable result of the current healing/training time ratio is extensive, forced inactivity for the players who are most invested into the game – which is bad news for everyone.
-
Server 30 / Dunwulf / Direwolves / 37 cities
 
User avatar
Zinek
Baron
Baron
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Re: Game improvements?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Tom wrote:
Thanks hengli, patch looks interesting. Love the King and migration features and the fact that you can use buildings while they're upgrading. However, although the patch addresses hero and race imbalances, resource and wait time imbalances – serious problems that all players face, not just those playing a certain race or certain heroes – still remain unaddressed. I sincerely hope these issues will be mitigated in the next patch.

In the meantime, here are a few suggestions that might aid with resource/wait time issues:

1. There could be a chance-based bonus added to mines, mills, and magic springs. For example, every time a player visits a mine/mill/spring, they could have a 20% chance of gaining a +50% resource bonus.

2. The price of rare minerals in the shop should be decreased. 2.5k gold for 10 mithril is incredibly disproportionate, especially during late game. 2.5k gold for 25 mithril would be more worth it.

3. Increased rewards for the city income bars. There's little point in paying attention to the income point rewards right now because the rewards are negligible. Especially in late game, when everyone resorts to holding cities with just three or four people because there aren't enough available players – something like 30 crystals isn't nearly enough motivation for any sort of friendly in-house competition or enthusiastic energy expenditure.

4. Fewer rare minerals required to upgrade troops. Training gold and silver troops is bad enough, but once you upgrade their respective buildings, your stash of rare resources will be gone in a flash – especially since the only way to protect against heavy-hitters during late game is to pump golds and silvers into your garrison. It is pure hell trying to get enough resources to train, replace, and maintain gold and silver troops.

5. Troops should take about 60% of the time to heal than to train. I think someone else suggested something similar. The inevitable result of the current healing/training time ratio is extensive, forced inactivity for the players who are most invested into the game – which is bad news for everyone.


I'm just gonna quote this and say all of the above repeated for god measure. These would be nice quality of life improvements.
My player guide for The Art of Conquest. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. You can find me here or on this forum or on the offical AoC discord just @Zinek

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13293
 
User avatar
Tom
Squire
Squire
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 am

Re: Game improvements?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:19 pm

One of my house members just pointed out that the game could also have more achievements listed in the quest log. For example, X amount of carts stolen, X distance traveled, X opponents defeated, etc.
-
Server 30 / Dunwulf / Direwolves / 37 cities

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest