SilentNSly
Squire
Squire

Re: Game improvements?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:50 am

hengli wrote:
But right now what do you think that needs to be improved most? Is there any system in the game that is bothering you and could get some changes?

The number of players keeps dropping the longer the server is active and there is less players to chat with and fight against.

I would like to see some of the older realms merge with each other.
Realm: S61
Kingdom: Athaly
House: Immortals
Player: Crystal Dawn

hengli
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:39 am

Sparkles wrote:
A lot of the suggestions i often see for AoC are short term problems or balance issues, likely a product of the server hopping that occurs (due to reasons that have been stated many times).

You have some very good valid points there Sparkles, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We are working on new content and balancing changes but I understand the game still has core features that need to be improved. Will pass your feedback to the team. :)

Zinek wrote:
In response to above posts I think the duke units should be used in attacking cities only. Can not be used in duels. This will help in killing all gold walls but be limited to few enough players that you can't a city in an hour.

My suggestion for gameplay is when you start on a server. You pick your race. Any race. This would change up the early game a lot. (Whatever race you pick you unlock human at that level instead, so if you picked dwarf you unlock human at the grimms unlock rank.

We are first letting players pick the starting hero from the server but soon changing races won't be so costly for players (regarding research for example). So I hope this will solve at least some of the issues you are reporting. Regarding the heroes at the moment there are no plans to change them in the ranking system but I will pass the suggestion to the team.

quentinharlech wrote:
I'd like to see some events.

Possible Events/tasks:
- Weekly Bosses (You know you can recycle... do it)
- Kill 100 skeletons/humans/dwarfs
- Attack 5 Players
- Raid 5 Dungeons
- Kill random monsters that pop up, must be something special, not just the regular units
-> Rewards could be cool sets or something. Regarding sets.. are there only three? Is that all?

I'm really happy with the new shop system, nice one guys. Finally more stuff, enough variation. But you could have one unit every time, with a chance for gold units. They come rarely, and quite frankly, I won't spend a dime for silver or bronze units.

It would be really cool to have new maps, only for PVE or PVP. In PVP.. well, capture some stuff, I don't know. Or let five versus five players fight against each other, whoever wins, wins. For PVE, I want more monsters and crazy stuff. Exploration has come to a halt, nothing is happening outside my territory... boring.

For the events I know they are working on some but I still don't know when they are going to be done.

SilentNSly wrote:
hengli wrote:
But right now what do you think that needs to be improved most? Is there any system in the game that is bothering you and could get some changes?

The number of players keeps dropping the longer the server is active and there is less players to chat with and fight against.

I would like to see some of the older realms merge with each other.

As you may know to merge servers in our game is not very simple due to the cities and kingdoms. We are trying to come up with a good and fair way to do this.

Destination

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:20 am

im pretty sure there is something to prevent people from switching gov for the unit.
Last edited by Destination on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom
Squire
Squire

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

A few suggestions, largely relating to house and city management:

1. Chat rooms: I'm loving the chat function, but I'd love it even more if we were able to create our own chat rooms. This would make it a lot easier to form alliances with other houses, talk to house members in cities that haven't been absorbed into a tiered-up house yet, create an "announcement board" for people who don't have time to scroll through the house chat to receive important messages, and otherwise customize the way we interact with other players on the map.

2. Number of officers: The number of officer positions should increase in proportion to the number of cities a house absorbs. Since only officers are able to keep the city governor title after they log off and log back on, this makes it frustrating and difficult to assign semi-permanent city governors for houses that have more two or three cities under their umbrella. Since the number of house members will also increase with every city absorbed, it would make sense for more officer positions to be available to manage more people.

3. Server merges. I understand that it's not easy to merge servers fairly with territories on the line. I think there are three mostly fair ways to do it: 1) a near-total reset in which players keep their purchases and stay in their original kingdom but start everything else from scratch; 2) reset only the map, increase the level cap, and merge servers according to the time they were created so that there won't be a huge power differential between players; or 3) reset nothing and simply redirect new players to old servers. Experienced players can guide and protect new players so they don't get crushed immediately. Either way, server merges need to happen for this game to stay alive.

4. Mana potions: Heroes should be able to consume mana potions while in the battle prep screen. It's frustrating when a hero needs mana to be effective, especially during a PvP duel, but is unable to consume mana potions because of the locked countdown. It's also annoying to have to exit and then reenter the battle screen during raids or NPC battles just to use a few mana pots.

5. Alliance indicators: It would be great to have some sort of simple, formalized way to indicate that two houses are allied. This would make it easier to communicate non-aggression pacts to new members and serve as a constant reminder to old members who a house's allies are. Literally just a line of text or a badge somewhere in the main city screen would work.

6. Resource distribution: A huge reason servers are dying so quickly is because resources are far too scarce, especially rare rss like mithril and crystals. One way to address this would be to respawn bosses on a timer and power metric similar to the one used for dungeons and mines.
Last edited by Tom on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Server 30 / Dunwulf / Direwolves / 37 cities

Tom
Squire
Squire

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:36 am

Sparkles wrote:

The solution? Add (substantially) more PvE content OR Modify the current reward structure to make PvP in the late game worth the risk OR provide alternate outlets to use our army - whether it's PvP arenas or whatever.

Totally agree. Absurd recovery times for dueling someone on your own territory are pointless. Especially when gold troops come into play – then hardly anyone dares to fight because gold vs. gold is absolute punishment for both sides, regardless of whose territory you're on. The same applies for raiding – it's basically pointless to try to raid someone over level 20 who has any sort of garrison because you lose far, far more than you gain. The scarcity of resources and the length of hospital times late game are the main contributors to this problem.
-
Server 30 / Dunwulf / Direwolves / 37 cities

Flames
Baron
Baron

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Tom wrote:
A few suggestions, largely relating to house and city management:

1. Chat rooms: I'm loving the chat function, but I'd love it even more if we were able to create our own chat rooms. This would make it a lot easier to form alliances with other houses, talk to house members in cities that haven't been absorbed into a tiered-up house yet, create an "announcement board" for people who don't have time to scroll through the house chat to receive important messages, and otherwise customize the way we interact with other players on the map.

I have suggested this in another thread so fully agree on this one.

Tom wrote:
2. Number of officers: The number of officer positions should increase in proportion to the number of cities a house absorbs. Since only officers are able to keep the city governor title after they log off and log back on, this makes it frustrating and difficult to assign semi-permanent city governors for houses that have more two or three cities under their umbrella. Since the number of house members will also increase with every city absorbed, it would make sense for more officer positions to be available to manage more people.

I would add some more positions on this one.
Now if am right there is a normal member, minister, governor and lord.
But actually they have the same rights and can all aprove new members and promote/demore players.
Maybe a specific position that controls the rights but can't change someone else rank.
Or a diplomatic if there is a better way to have alliances.

The higher your rank is the more combined rights you have.

Tom wrote:
5. Alliance indicators: It would be great to have some sort of simple, formalized way to indicate that two houses are allied. This would make it easier to communicate non-aggression pacts to new members and serve as a constant reminder to old members who a house's allies are. Literally just a line of text or a badge somewhere in the main city screen would work.

Totally need this one, with a diplomatic position like mentioned above.
Last edited by Flames on Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

hengli

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:40 am

Nice suggestions guys, keep them coming. :)
I can't guarantee they will be added to the game but I will pass them to the team.

Cheerios7204
Baron
Baron

Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:41 am

I'd like to add to Sparkles comments. This game has an amazing base, but is still very shallow. It needs more content. I've been playing for 1 week and i'm already running out of things to do. No one loves to grind to level up, but if you give a greater purpose and some engaging features, you'll keep players coming back and willing to spend money or invest more time into the game. I played Clash of Clans for two years and loved it. The reason I quit...the end game was too grindy and not worth the major effort of minuscule rewards. Like Sparkles mentioned, the greater the risk, the greater the reward and right now this game does not have good enough rewards for the grind that it requires. I see myself playing this game at most for a month before quitting and moving on, unless i see something that is fun enough to keep me from leaving.

Here's some of my pet peeves:

* The shops/markets on the map are cool, but there's way too much demand. The inventory runs out in seconds and if you're a new player, you'll probably get attacked with seconds of it opening up by a stronger player and you can't use the shops anyways

* The recruitment centers are way cool, but as soon as you pass the level of troops they offer, there's no point to them. I think it would be cool to have them scale to the player's level in the troops you can hire.

* The game freezes up way too often. I send in the data, hopefully your developers can stabilize the game a little more.

* You can queue up buildings and research but the resources don' t get pulled away and so it still makes you a bigger target, it'd be nice if the resources got spent with things that are queued up.

* spread out the rare resources needed for units in each race. I am human and have a humongous surplus of blood diamonds which are useless since only siege engines use them and a lot of siege engines aren't really needed.
Last edited by Cheerios7204 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Realm: S60
Kingdom: Athaly

RazgrizGaming
Squire
Squire

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:53 am

Would you be able to lower the time it takes to regain energy? It takes so long to regain and keep fighting.

Destination

Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:21 pm

Something regarding the PBE, right now as far as i experienced it you play there like on every other normal server with the only change that you get the new updates a little bit earlier, to really try out the new stuff you guys make it should be possible for everyone to do it without playing on the server for one month or more before. Just make building time 10 times faster and give everyone as much ressources as they need,give them all heros and to make sure there are not people only playing on the PTR make something like max 1h online time per day. I dont see a reason in having a PTR where you cant really try anything out, i mean how do you want people to test something if they dont even get to use it?