Esquire
Knight
Knight

Troop Loss After Conversion

Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:46 pm

So I just swapped Dwarf for a second to evaluate power differentials. I converted all my gold cavalry to gold mechs. The conversion rate was 6 gold cavalry for 5 gold mechs, which is a 1:1 ratio. I then swapped back to human, and converted them back to gold cavalry. Except now I am missing 9 stacks of gold cavalry as I went from 215/215 to 206/215.

Has anyone else experienced a loss of units on conversion before? Did the mechs convert back to cavalry with a different cost dynamic so it wasn't 1:1? I was not paying close attention when I converted back, so that is the only thing I can think of. But if it is all supposed to be RSS based, I am pretty shocked I just lost 63,000 blood diamond worth of cavalry because I used the convert feature.

If this is working as intended that is extremely dumb. Equal conversion should not cost me tens of thousands of RSS.

Petes1552
Squire
Squire

Re: Troop Loss After Conversion

Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 pm

I have not tested this excessively with other troops, but I have done that same swap you are speaking of.
Dwarf to human 5 mechs = 5 templar
Human to dwarf 6 templar = 5 mechs
Rather annoying. You basically lose one templar per conversion.

Quantum
Baron
Baron

Re: Troop Loss After Conversion

Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Considering conversion can be used to build troops with different resources and to boost during power events it makes sense to me that it'd cost slightly more then 1:1 (so that it isn't equal conversion). It is less nice that it's not fair among different transitions, but I guess that would be extremely hard to do in a fair way.