dablu
Baron
Baron

Is land bonus applied to garrison units?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:07 pm

For example will archers on Human stronghold wall be 20% stronger if stronghold on grass land?
AoC tools http://aoc.gold - calculators and army formation builder

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Re: Is land bonus applied to garrison units?

Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Yes, so if you are human it is best to set up in a city on grass, lich on desert, and dwarf on snow.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:48 pm

No they dont. It only applies to pvp or pve battlefields.
Its not clearly stated but Hp research applies to garrison troops.
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

dablu
Baron
Baron

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:42 am

Chillblaze wrote:
No they dont. It only applies to pvp or pve battlefields.
Its not clearly stated but Hp research applies to garrison troops.

So, if Im human and siege human stronghold on grass land, my army will get land bonus but garrison, I fight with, does not. Is it right?

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:12 am

I think its only pvp and here are my observations:
Descriptions are different for different races so its not very clear. For example research t12 doesn't even state that hp also applies to garrison but it can be seen in stats.
Rakan has no land bonuses...

Bombardiers receive 20% to their attack power and health on tundra battlefields.

Spiders receive 20% to their attack power and health on desert battlefields.

Increase the attack rating and health of archers by 20% when they fight on grassland battlefields.

First two description are kind of vague but 20% garrison bonus at t7 academy would be too strong this early because heroes can not compensate yet.
After moving my castle to appropriate land garrison does not show anything extra... therefore I conclude that this bonus do not apply to defending garrison. In fact this bonus doesn't show anywhere even when is pvp but i seen difference only in pvp...
After looking at dwarf/lich "attack power" description it would seem that bonuses apply when you attack castles but nobody has confirmed that and plenty of lich players complain of having failed siege on any land....
It is confusing because after all it unlocks after garrison research but many old players confirmed that it does not apply to garrisons... I will test it right now...

Human description on other hand is ok... "when they fight" so it seems they mean pvp...

Thats why I concluded that this bonuses apply only to pvp and may be to pve - void/dungeons/neutrals. Only Rakan clearly states its defense bonus...

P.s After just testing with Rockets on tundra battlefield this is the result before and after finishing T7 research:

I obviously got only 1% for finishing 19-20...
Those are the stats after t7 research and sieging on tundra.
Obviously no buff whatsoever...

Destination wrote:
x

May be Destination can shed some light on the difference between "their attack power" and "when they fight" and if this bonus apply to siege as stats don't show any impact...
"They don’t sit on benches while eating but squat like Europeans do when they relieve themselves out in the leafy woods." :lol: Albert Einstein

Destination

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 am

I can look into that

dablu
Baron
Baron

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:30 am

I'm going to test it in real battle.
I want to put one human player to grass land city with only archers on wall and siege him, and the to desert (or snow) city and siege him again with exactly same formation. Then compare damage dealt by archers. I think 2-3 siege attempts would be enough to see (or not see) 20% difference.

dablu
Baron
Baron

Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:32 am

Chillblaze wrote:
I think its only pvp and here are my observations:

Pretty good research work

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:45 am

At least for dwarves and cannons, the snow bonus applies during a siege as I do 800-850k dmg on non-snow and around a million on snow.

It also seems to apply for garrisson troops, based on my observations and how sieging usualy goes...

What I would like to know if there is land bonus while:
-hitting someone in their capital
-hitting someone in the imperium
-doing collosseum matches

sippingcider
Knight
Knight

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Maebius wrote:

What I would like to know if there is land bonus while:
-hitting someone in their capital
-hitting someone in the imperium
-doing collosseum matches

I dont think there are land bonuses for any of these, and they did that on purpose for more fairness. If you look at the emperium or collosseum the land is obviously not grass, desert, or snow.