PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Little flaws in game mechanics

Tue May 22, 2018 7:47 am

Might be only my opinion, but I see many people started to complain about these 2 things over and over again.

1. We don't see the race and level of the person that attacks us.
When we siege a city, for example, right after it finishes, someone is likely waiting to duel us out. When the duel window pops up, you can't see who you will face. Your opponent gets unfair advantage - because HE sees your level and your race before attack.
Solution: during this 10 second pop up window, make it possible to know race and level by clicking on the enemy avatar.

2. After battle stats of units on the battlefield are not correct. They don't show real HP of units, for example - but the damage is real, on the other hand.
Let's say, you use a gold Turtle, that is loaned to you by an ally.
And you use Gan, that buffs her stats in some %.
It doesn't show up in the final battle statistics at all, Turtle has default HP, no buff from Gan, and no buff from Loan.
Maybe it exists, but it is REALLY confusing.
There should be a solution to this, and it is mostly technical one.
94 Culwood
Castle 40, Void - 100 all perfect
House: Icarum, Gods of War

Destination

Re: Little flaws in game mechanics

Tue May 22, 2018 12:48 pm

1. Suggested that a long time ago, nothing happened yet. Maybe I give it another try.

2.not gonna happen. That would mean that you can do the math on how command scales with unit buff abilitys which they said they do not want to make public. (I know 10 command is supposed to be 1%, but that just what 1 person said and no one really tested if it's really like that).

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Tue May 22, 2018 2:55 pm

Destination wrote:
1. Suggested that a long time ago, nothing happened yet. Maybe I give it another try.

2.not gonna happen. That would mean that you can do the math on how command scales with unit buff abilitys which they said they do not want to make public. (I know 10 command is supposed to be 1%, but that just what 1 person said and no one really tested if it's really like that).

But I am not talking about command.
They can reveal at least the most obvious things, like buffs from loaned rakkan troops, or hero abilities affecting HP.
I can do this calculation myself, but that is just not comfortable :)
I can calculate 30% buff when I am loaned a Turtle...
94 Culwood

Destination

Tue May 22, 2018 4:43 pm

Hero abilitys(that scale with command) affecting hp being shown there means that you can do the math on it without any problems..
Aka
20k HP +46%avalon + commandscalling Avalon = 35k.

If you only show the turtle buff and not the hero HP bonus that's inconsistent.

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Tue May 22, 2018 8:40 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
... But I am not talking about command. ...

PrinceCharming wrote:
... And you use Gan, that buffs her stats in some %. ...

Yes you are. At least in part.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Thu May 24, 2018 1:35 am

Destination wrote:

Still kind of odd that they would want to hide the command mechanic. Real games (not mobile) in this genre are generally very transparent on all of the different unit stats and modifiers that impact the gameplay. Maybe transparent is the right word, but in a game like WoW, for example, you can easily see basically everything that is going on with every ability right in the tooltips. Not saying that this is a big deal, but idk why Lilith would want to hide the numbers from the players. Players tend to love digging into that stuff.

Burnhard31
Knight
Knight

Thu May 24, 2018 11:53 am

I doesnt understand it also, Theorycraft is a lovely thing. Why we dont get numbers (scaling, stats, summons, heal, etc.)?
Now - done with void, and not much ernergie to raid you can do nothing special then patrol and route enemys.

And there are missing also so much other things like friendly duells that make the game enoyable a long time.

And now with this temple/money madness its no wonder that so much people quit, when even the last thing you can do - routing and patroling - is senseless.

The game robbes himself some great chapters to enjoy.

Destination

Thu May 24, 2018 7:21 pm

I don't know why they would want to hide it, only that they do.
I will ask about that.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Destination wrote:
I will ask about that.

Well, thanks.
But forget about the second thing in front of the first, I mean, the importance to see who attacked you in a duel is way higher than calculate troops bonuses :).
It would not be hard to implement for Lilith... they just need to stop thinking about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for 5 minutes and put some little changes into game code...
My attacker sees my level and race, and I will see his level and race - and everyone is happy
94 Culwood

Destination

Fri May 25, 2018 10:23 pm

PrinceCharming wrote:
Destination wrote:
I will ask about that.

Well, thanks.
But forget about the second thing in front of the first, I mean, the importance to see who attacked you in a duel is way higher than calculate troops bonuses :).
It would not be hard to implement for Lilith... they just need to stop thinking about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for 5 minutes and put some little changes into game code...
My attacker sees my level and race, and I will see his level and race - and everyone is happy

Destination wrote: