LightStorm
Baron
Baron

1ST Succession war start time

Fri May 04, 2018 9:12 am

I'm curious to know what time the 1st Succession war start time is for all of you... I live in PST...

So our first Succession war start time for ME is Wednesday May 9th at 6pm-7pm
It's a 6 hour war zone... so it means it would end for me around midnight-1am

If I lived in China... the Start time would be Thursday May 10th around 9am-10am and conclude around 3pm-4pm

Do you think that china start time is a coincidence?
LightStorm

Maebius
Knight
Knight

Re: 1ST Succession war start time

Fri May 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Ofcourse it's not a coincidence.

Since it's the very beginning of such an event it makes sense to take place during "working hours" so that the developpers can work out problems and correct them on the spot.

BUT

Global games such as this should cycle event start/end times so that no players of particular timezones always get advantage.

For instance, the silly "kill troops fast" events, always start at 4 a.m. my time and since whoever goes to X seconds first locks first place, everyone else gets shafted.

Some other games cycle start times either by several hours or by just starting the next +1 or 2 hours later and so on.... Not a perfect solution since the events vary, but it's a very good compromise

YanaYq
Lilith Games Staff - Admin
Lilith Games Staff - Admin

Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 am

I suppose you remind us of a very important case. Indeed some players wake while others sleep, which is not fair for some players.
Actually only the first time when it open suits the time frame in China but the time of subsequent successions will be a little different. You will see that :)

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Sat May 05, 2018 11:50 am

uhh, its not a bot, it might be actually a human being ;-)

good to see ...

now we need quality answers, a good communication and some hardcore fixes to the game concept then the world is ok again ...

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Tue May 08, 2018 8:21 am

YanaYq wrote:
I suppose you remind us of a very important case. Indeed some players wake while others sleep, which is not fair for some players.
Actually only the first time when it open suits the time frame in China but the time of subsequent successions will be a little different. You will see that :)

I'm still hoping for an in-game clock that show's the current server time. Can you name any reasons this hasn't been put in? Doesn't even need to be in the game play screen, it can be in the user profile or something.

Cheers
LightStorm

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Tue May 08, 2018 8:26 am

I am from Europe and time is even worst - succession war will start at 2 o'clock in the morning (on 10th).

Jeepio
Squire
Squire

Tue May 08, 2018 8:45 pm

Well, thursday is Ascension Day and a holiday in a lot of countries all over the world. So you can set your alarm clock and get beaten by chinese whales, or just get some sleep. Either way a lot of realms don't stand a chance ;-)

If I could make money on who in my realm will get the clown position once the chinese whale becomes emperor, I wouldn't make money because we all know there will be no surprises ;-)

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Thu May 10, 2018 12:57 am

I noticed the start time got pushed up within hours to China Saturday morning... this really screwed many people over on our side of the world. Someone made the clever comment that’s chinas economy couldn’t handle that many people calling in sick.

Anyone think that last minute change was a coinedence to benifit China?
LightStorm

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Thu May 10, 2018 6:38 am

I think everyone on this forum is being too negative about Lilith. Lilith made a smart decision to move biggest realm event on weekend. This is something normal in every other similar game as most players can participate. Lilith already confirmed that this event will be rotating different time zones and that only first war is optimized for China. Also, please do not reply to this mail with something stupid as chinese players being in advantage because of it, because bonuses and debuffs of Nore king are minor and will not effect who gets to win next event. i know we are all pissed out on Lilith becuase of strong P2W mechanics this game has, but we all knew that the moment we started playing it (expensive heroes). If you do not like it, just move to other game. There is plenty other games.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Fri May 11, 2018 2:20 am

Xcaliboor wrote:
I think everyone on this forum is being too negative about Lilith. Lilith made a smart decision to move biggest realm event on weekend. This is something normal in every other similar game as most players can participate. Lilith already confirmed that this event will be rotating different time zones and that only first war is optimized for China. Also, please do not reply to this mail with something stupid as chinese players being in advantage because of it, because bonuses and debuffs of Nore king are minor and will not effect who gets to win next event. i know we are all pissed out on Lilith becuase of strong P2W mechanics this game has, but we all knew that the moment we started playing it (expensive heroes). If you do not like it, just move to other game. There is plenty other games.

I’m more pissed about there failure to set expectation then the elitism of the event time.

They wanted to start it on sat, they should have set that expectation from the get go. Pushing it back 2 days within 24 hours of their previously set start time was a DICK move. people had made schedules around their original start time. Even I made adjustments to my schedule for it. I was so offended by the last minute rug pull, it’s significatly decreased my interest in it.

My honest opinion.
LightStorm