Sargon
Baron
Baron

Re: Game has finally went full P2W

Thu May 03, 2018 12:57 am

LightStorm wrote:
Holy cry me a river

Guys, the game is a business... it needs to make money or you won't have f-all to bitch about playing

The Whales you seem to want to complain about buying extra stones, extra runes... extra gems... what ever... they provide the company owners with the resources they need to develop the game and keep it fresh and interesting. To those saying the game is a sell out, and you have put your account up for sale... WOW.

Why do you care is someone buys there way to super hero status? I don't, I enjoy the game and still only buy the monthly card. It's all i need to enjoy the game, why do you have to be the best player on the field and not need to spend a dime on it for the game to be worth anything in your books?

You're just wrong. None of the most successful games as of this very minute are pay to cheat. Virtually all of them are extremely good games running on an F2P model with full access to the content, but you can spend money to get cosmetics. NONE of them give you a massive and unfair advantage. This game HAD the potential to join that crowd, but they chose to sell out for some quick cash. People are mad because they want to game to survive and remain relatively fair for most players, but rune stones enabled whales to get close to 200% buffs to army and heros if they spend the money.

When exactly is the last time that you have had a whale ram his credit card down your entire kingdoms throat and destroy every single city just to be a dick?

Point is - pay to cheat hurts the business because people run away from it like the plague. A lot of the people on here are passionate about the game and want to see it succeed, and its clear that the devs are throwing it away.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Thu May 03, 2018 8:56 am

Jeepio wrote:
Super hero status is also Super bully status... I guess you like Farmville? Because if you dare attack a chinese player, the whales will see to it you are not safe in any city and you can never attack anymore, because they will revenge attack you (and/or your house) into oblivion... If that is your definition of enjoyment, so be it.

Farmville? No, we had that before our realm merger and it was boring as F. But we knew the realm merger was coming and we had united as a server to get as strong as we could for it. Dare attack a Chinese player? I would dare to attack any player that attacks our 'players', over towers. I say 'our' because many of us work as a collective unit. We engage in many levels of diplomatic relations to make the game balanced and fun for all the kingdoms. We have many, many heavy hitters on both sides, and many more with the craziest defense you have ever seen. Our merged server is teaming with activity and it's pretty well balanced between 3 active kingdoms. Taking over a single, small city almost requires the join effort of 3 or more houses working together. We have no empty spaces on the map, not even close... this new update for the King of Nore... that's going to be a crazy ride on our realm.

Sargon wrote:
You're just wrong. None of the most successful games as of this very minute are pay to cheat. Virtually all of them are extremely good games running on an F2P model with full access to the content, but you can spend money to get cosmetics. NONE of them give you a massive and unfair advantage. This game HAD the potential to join that crowd, but they chose to sell out for some quick cash. People are mad because they want to game to survive and remain relatively fair for most players, but rune stones enabled whales to get close to 200% buffs to army and heros if they spend the money.

When exactly is the last time that you have had a whale ram his credit card down your entire kingdoms throat and destroy every single city just to be a dick?

Point is - pay to cheat hurts the business because people run away from it like the plague. A lot of the people on here are passionate about the game and want to see it succeed, and its clear that the devs are throwing it away.

Why do you want another game that's just like 'everyone else' ... I used to play the bigger MMO's... EQ, EQ2, WoW... Players where constantly screaming balance, balance, balance.... and it eventually felt like tic tac toe. Why would I care to play X or O when they are so perfectly balanced with one another. Let the Scales Tip one way or the other... see if the players can self motivate to find other ways to jump on the other side. We have whales on all sides boasting about how much money they spent last week... That's not my game, but I'm glad to see the support going towards a game I also love to play. And as I said before, I play in the realms of deals and planning. You would be surprised how far a 'attack towers only' deal can go... even with the biggest whales there are :)

Cheers
LightStorm

Xcaliboor
Knight
Knight

Thu May 03, 2018 1:02 pm

LightStorm, i need to agree with you, you have a good point here (sorry for my english, it is not my language).
But still, there is something that is not quite right in this game.
I have played many games like this. Usually i spend around 50 EUR/ month, i am very active with multiple accounts and this makes me competitive with best players. Sure, there are whales that start realm very fast but usually i catch them at some point and difference becomes smaller.
But in this game, there is no catching up. As soon as i get close to whales, developers introduce new bonus feature that is only available by spending big money.
Also, i do not think China and rest of the world should be mixed together. It just does not work. Sorry. We all have a problem with all officer positions being taken by Chinese players. We are happy if we even get governor position of a small city.

Zenokth
Squire
Squire

Thu May 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Jeepio wrote:
Super hero status is also Super bully status... I guess you like Farmville? Because if you dare attack a chinese player, the whales will see to it you are not safe in any city and you can never attack anymore, because they will revenge attack you (and/or your house) into oblivion... If that is your definition of enjoyment, so be it.

+9999

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu May 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Farmville is fine, if you defeat all players, it comes to farmville again; if no one/group can't defeat all other players, it lasts forever like that, day by day same thing happen again & again.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri May 04, 2018 10:46 pm

LightStorm wrote:

Why do you want another game that's just like 'everyone else' ... I used to play the bigger MMO's... EQ, EQ2, WoW... Players where constantly screaming balance, balance, balance.... and it eventually felt like tic tac toe. Why would I care to play X or O when they are so perfectly balanced with one another. Let the Scales Tip one way or the other... see if the players can self motivate to find other ways to jump on the other side. We have whales on all sides boasting about how much money they spent last week... That's not my game, but I'm glad to see the support going towards a game I also love to play. And as I said before, I play in the realms of deals and planning. You would be surprised how far a 'attack towers only' deal can go... even with the biggest whales there are :)

Cheers

Not seeing your point here. Every single game that you listed is infinitely more successful than this game, and none of them let you spend tens of thousands of dollars to be an invincible god. Tic tac toe is a mathematical stalemate due to its simplicity, but if you want to play me in a round of tic tac toe where we can pay money to take three turns in a row, be my guest.

The difference between players should be strategy and time spent on the game. Not money spent. If players want to spend money to save time, that is fine, but everybody else should be able to spend time (grind honor or dungeons) to achieve the same results as spending cash. Currently, hero stats, hero exp, and rune stones are all gated by daily respawns, and only accelerated by cash. We could extend that to virtually every element of this game, but those 3 are the most impactful.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sat May 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Sargon wrote:
if you want to play me in a round of tic tac toe where we can pay money to take three turns in a row, be my guest.

:lol:

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Tue May 08, 2018 3:24 pm

To call it p2w is to be too nice, pay to cheat is exactly what is going on.

Wiluven
Squire
Squire

Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Sargon wrote:
LightStorm wrote:

Cheers

Not seeing your point here. Every single game that you listed is infinitely more successful than this game, and none of them let you spend tens of thousands of dollars to be an invincible god. Tic tac toe is a mathematical stalemate due to its simplicity, but if you want to play me in a round of tic tac toe where we can pay money to take three turns in a row, be my guest.

The difference between players should be strategy and time spent on the game. Not money spent. If players want to spend money to save time, that is fine, but everybody else should be able to spend time (grind honor or dungeons) to achieve the same results as spending cash. Currently, hero stats, hero exp, and rune stones are all gated by daily respawns, and only accelerated by cash. We could extend that to virtually every element of this game, but those 3 are the most impactful.

Well said!

As a 2.4m (non-overbuild) power player that has only spent money on heroes and the stat/ability card weekend chests, I was able to compete with the whales due to the sheer amount of time I've spent in game. I had to grind my ass off (all heroes in divine, 300k alchemy stones in the bank), 209 gold cap, 4000+ in stats combined, many level 50 heroes, and have 6 level 40 alts so I can mix my lineup to counter the current meta formations.

I'm about as big in power as they come without being a whale and I could battle with the best of them by forgoing the 30% fight bonus that I was likely going to lose and instead favoring a smart multi-race formation. The introduction of the temple has made me obsolete as I can no longer compete and will now be locked out of content (King of Nore) as I can't even begin to compete with someones army that is 100% stronger than mine.

It really is a damn shame as this game had such potential. It reminded me, and other old school gamers, of the early days of playing Heroes of Might & Magic but now with real players! I accepted the fact that whales could buy building rush, stat cards, ability cards, gold units, etc -- but I knew that if I put more time in, I wouldn't be too far behind them. Unfortunately the temple has all but assured me and others is that we are never meant to be on the same plane as these folks spending thousands upon thousands of dollars, which our gaming experience will be forever dictated by them.

Unfortunate.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Thu May 10, 2018 12:17 pm

I think we should define the concept of whale. Any player who has put money in the game is a whale compared to another player who has not put money. Every player who has used the visa is a P2W. Who invests more in the game, wins in PVP.

The positive is that it is still possible to destroy the castle of all the players ... even the biggest whale of the server...