sunbow
Baron
Baron

sunbows "goodbuy" (goodbye) post

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 am

hello everyone,

i have been around since the very early days and it makes me a little bit sad to end the game this spontaneous, but the recent rune update leaves me no choice. So far I did buy the monthly patron plus decided to support Lilith in their game development with getting all heroes and made it into the Top 10 of a merged server.

As we talked about yesterday:
Money should replace effort AND effort should replace money.

This was never the case in this game earlier and with the option to buy runes but not get them otherwise in a comparable ratio (like a honor shop), the "balance" will completely run out of scope (no matter if attribute buffs will get removed now).

In my first shop rotation today I had 2 runes with +1 for 300 linari and 6 normal runes for 100 each, so 10 runes in total, resulting in 30 runes you can buy daily vs 2 you get for doing all activity quests. It does not matter though, since you can buy chests without limits to get more.

I will take a look at the next event -> how many runes you can get there, but i am pretty sure it won't be anywhere close.

Keep in mind that every first filled rune and then every rune upgrade grants a 1% buff, which can result in ridiculous total boosts.

So, whales will now win every siege battle and duel and the new change: you are not able to siege them anymore, even with level 50 heroes. The "average" player can now do 2 things: use their wall hp as a meat shield or farm towers. This is it.

Best regards and to everyone who was on the same server: it was fun to play with you!
sun

Magi
Squire
Squire

Re: sunbows "goodbuy" (goodbye) post

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

Your post fully resonates with me. The game has been transformed into an extreme pay to win model.
F2P and average paying customers will never be able to catch up.
I did enjoy the game from day one until the recent few patches made it unplayable for me as well.
Luckily for me, I never paid a single cent (not even patron) and looking at their current model of
squeezing money from the competitive players, my decision has been sound.
Nice playing with you Sunbow in the merged server.

Fare well and farewell (if you really quit).

sunbow wrote:
hello everyone,

i have been around since the very early days and it makes me a little bit sad to end the game this spontaneous, but the recent rune update leaves me no choice. So far I did buy the monthly patron plus decided to support Lilith in their game development with getting all heroes and made it into the Top 10 of a merged server.

As we talked about yesterday:
Money should replace effort AND effort should replace money.

This was never the case in this game earlier and with the option to buy runes but not get them otherwise in a comparable ratio (like a honor shop), the "balance" will completely run out of scope (no matter if attribute buffs will get removed now).

In my first shop rotation today I had 2 runes with +1 for 300 linari and 6 normal runes for 100 each, so 10 runes in total, resulting in 30 runes you can buy daily vs 2 you get for doing all activity quests. It does not matter though, since you can buy chests without limits to get more.

I will take a look at the next event -> how many runes you can get there, but i am pretty sure it won't be anywhere close.

Keep in mind that every first filled rune and then every rune upgrade grants a 1% buff, which can result in ridiculous total boosts.

So, whales will now win every siege battle and duel and the new change: you are not able to siege them anymore, even with level 50 heroes. The "average" player can now do 2 things: use their wall hp as a meat shield or farm towers. This is it.

Best regards and to everyone who was on the same server: it was fun to play with you!
sun

TreNd
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Ye man I bet the "Whales" on your server were just waiting for this change to finally start dominating the challenges...

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:26 pm

I sign under each word, completely nonsense to implement the possibility to buy runes from chests (and from the shop for Linari, could be for rares or gold...).
I agree that it is fair to get runes in daily quests (but the amount was very low, it is true).
Fair to get runes if you win a contest and get rewards chests (with the chance to get rune from there).

But gambling with shop is the worst thing that ever happened to this game.
It just seems like devs "breaking bad" and finally start to use the full money sucking machine, without any hiding and pause.

The statues will create a HUGE abyss between p2w and f2p people.
So I feel really sorry for the second.
As for me, only one thing bothers me a lot - that Chinese shop offers Linari for 170% discount price than Linari shop in my country ( I mean, I buy it twice more expensive than other countries already, living in Russia, and + Chinese shop resellers offer to buy Linari with 50-60% discount, which means that they really have it this cheap).

This makes me feel like being a whale in my country and spend hundreds and thousands just means that a casual Chinese player buys the same amount of in-game currency for much cheaper price, and we are equal.
94 Culwood
Castle 40, Void - 94
All heroes except Wraxius.

Abnn
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:37 pm

i saw the update, and i was ohh dear they gonna add runesstones in shop, and ye we see they did, so greedy and to much p2w now, as you get the tiers ect, its a joke,
also:

buy lunaris on 3 party sites, all chines are doing it for 80% of the app store price,
got around 10-15 on my server doing it and lilith isnt banning them cuz they're chines, we even prove 1 did it 100%, he got 1½ day ban,
so i just feel like why buy it legit, when there's no punisment

DeLoungville
Knight
Knight

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:05 am

Yes I know, crying and complaining sucks. But there is no other choice. Everyone was laughing when we saw that it takes years to fill up those temples, and that they will probably implement runes for money and that this would kill the game. One week later they did it. Very soon, everyone besides the top money spenders will be completely irrelevant on the servers. So that how it is. I'm not sure how much longer I will look at this. I've invested so much time playing multiple servers as well, can't just quit like that. But 1 more month or a few weeks, just to see how ridiculous some people have become, and I can rest in peace.

Niquette
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 am

Great Words Sunbow.
Exactly what i think.
Lillith think we are only wallet.

But on 500 people maybe 5 will accept to pay more and more.

Sad, but exactly like irl 1% of people of the planet have 99% of rss. Sucking world !
In game now 1% of player will kill 99% of the game.
Server 38
Rakan

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:02 am

I am barely playing and also quitting this month. Was nice knowing most of you and we will probably meet again in another games.
Goodbye Sunbow

FAVSTIANVS
Knight
Knight

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:06 am

Your post fully resonates with me as well. I used to spend hours and hours on leveling up my heroes from 18k to 48k, only finding out that all the work done and time wasted Sisyphean cuz never will I catch up.
It is only amusing for me to mention "catching up". I can't even maintain the current gap between me and those stupid whales.