Chaton
Knight
Knight

Re: Rune Stones for Linari, Events, Chests

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:54 pm

I wonder why they didnt let us convert our extra basic res to rune stones, this would have made more sense for end-game players.. oh well..

Abnn
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 pm

buy lunaris on 3 party sites, all chines are doing it for 80% of the app store price,
got around 10-15 on my server doing it and lilith isnt banning them cuz they're chines, we even prove 1 did it 100%, he got 1½ day ban,

so just buy lunaris on other sites and get it cheaper,

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:16 am

Bhaphomet wrote:
just another nail to an alrdy pretty dead game ...

and a game is always about competition ... but if you can buy your way to the top, then its no "fair" contest ... who wins is determined by who pays most (thus pay to win) - its a legit way to make money ... though a lazy and uncreative way ... you could easily make a game that pays off for you as developer by letting players pay for stuff that doesnt touch the balance of gameplay (see League of legends, wow and others), but it needs a creative dev team and some investment.

these ptw games are mostly garbage (though AoC has a good underlieing idea, which is completely corrupted by a bad monetarization model (bad for the players, for whom these games are made))

I just dont like that all these companies call themselves game pros - who love gaming and just do the games for the players ... lol ... bullshiat ... they simply do it for the money ... and thats why they cant come up with a great concept ...

... just too bad another nice concept corrupted by the urge to make revenue the quick way ...

by the way I also payed for the game - maybe around 500$ - the reason why I dont really want to let go ... aside from the time invested ... but I guess the time has come to say goodbye for good ... will see how this temple/runes shiat pans out ... but looking at the benefits the temple gives and the amount of runes needed ... well ... the signs dont look good

by the way its not all those +15% boni that you can unlock, its the runes itself. they can go up to lvl 13 (+12 runes), means ONE maxed out rune gives you +13% for example army attack or army HP - most runes have 7 to 8 slots over all dieties - that alone amounts to a boost of about 100% ... yeah well ... if your a ftp player better say goodbye now ... cause those 100% come in addition to the hero stats boni ... which alone right now decides about winning or losing a duel ;-)

I'm surprised you are the first person to point this out. You literally just killed my desire to continue playing by opening my eyes about the reality behind the runestones. I will most likely continue to play on the two servers I keep up with, but will be keeping close eye on the rune thing as well because if whales do reach that level taht you speak of game will be pointless. Not only that their offensive army will be boosted but also their defensive by just as much so that regular players will have close to no chance to break their walls. Interesting way to get from one imbalance to the opposite(from easy walls to break to impossible but this time only for whales)

So sad that it's almost funny.
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:46 am

I knew as soon as i saw these things that they were going to be a whale cash grab. Whales will be hopelessly far ahead and have a massive % damage and HP buff to their armies for the foreseeable future. Its a shame since this game is fundamentally good, but lilith chooses the milk it until it dies option over and over again.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 am

Blacklegionary wrote:
I'd be fine if we are separated from the Chinese community. Currently they are buying packs for much lower price than us. Going against them is a waste of time and money.

Americans get there packs much cheaper then we Canadians do.... You don't see me demanding Canada only separation. What's you issue with the chinese? They are fantastic players and fantastic team mates.
LightStorm

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 am

LightStorm wrote:
Blacklegionary wrote:
I'd be fine if we are separated from the Chinese community. Currently they are buying packs for much lower price than us. Going against them is a waste of time and money.

Americans get there packs much cheaper then we Canadians do.... You don't see me demanding Canada only separation. What's you issue with the chinese? They are fantastic players and fantastic team mates.

oh PLEASE
The discount in a Chinese shops is 80-90% compared to my price.
You have the same difference with Canadians?
I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT, so I would LOVE to play separately from them and their shops.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

tonzkie04
Knight
Knight

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:36 am

+1 the sudden big gap will make whales pretty much untouchable for a long time. They could have lock it down to tier 3 then slowly release higher tiers every month or something.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:46 am

PrinceCharming wrote:
LightStorm wrote:
Blacklegionary wrote:

oh PLEASE
I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT, so I would LOVE to play separately from them and their shops.

It's pretty simple math

7200 Linari in the US is $99.99
7200 Linari in Canada is $139.99
$139.99CAD gets converted to US when we spend it, so we Actually spend $176.04 when the statement rolls in

Still not resorting to demanding my own playground because Americans have a clearly better deal in game then it's international friends.
LightStorm

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:52 am

LightStorm wrote:
PrinceCharming wrote:
LightStorm wrote:

oh PLEASE

It's pretty simple math

7200 Linari in the US is $99.99
7200 Linari in Canada is $139.99
$139.99CAD gets converted to US when we spend it, so we Actually spend $176.04 when the statement rolls in

Still not resorting to demanding my own playground because Americans have a clearly better deal in game then it's international friends.

That is crazy :O
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:25 am

PrinceCharming wrote:
That is crazy :O

To me, what's crazy is that the min wage in china when converted to us is about $1.75 per hour
LightStorm