beadmu
Squire
Squire

Rune Stones for Linari, Events, Chests

Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:48 am

The percentage based boosts from the temples are considerable. Now all the whales and Sword/Rocket/Turtle players will get the most chance of getting additional stones.

Rune Stones for Linari is a bad idea. Possible Rune Stones for events like Honor War and City Clash is worse. In any server, the people who place in these events are just the same people. Mostly Dwarf and Human. I've never seen a Lich player reach top 3 especially in an event that focuses on siege.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I was fine with getting 2 random rune stones a day. It felt fair since no one is getting more stones and the type of stones are randomized.

Some of you will say "it will take 3 years to get all stones needed for x and y". Most of us have been playing for almost a year and suddenly we have this new feature and now you want to rush?

friggin money grab

suprateja
Squire
Squire

Re: Rune Stones for Linari, Events, Chests

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 am

+1
True. Rune stone for linari is really bad idea and will increase the imbalance even more which we currently have.

Zendak
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:53 am

It is really good idea for win more $

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:59 am

But all these games are made to suck money from you.
Don't play if you don't except it.
xD
Free 2 Play players are the worst customers for the game designers.
But they are still needed, because they all (for the most part) play the role of cannon fodder for those who pay a lot.

So closer to the subject - Runes for Linari is the great idea. And from chests too. Maybe they will add more ways later.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:10 am

beadmu wrote:
The percentage based boosts from the temples are considerable. Now all the whales and Sword/Rocket/Turtle players will get the most chance of getting additional stones.

Rune Stones for Linari is a bad idea. Possible Rune Stones for events like Honor War and City Clash is worse. In any server, the people who place in these events are just the same people. Mostly Dwarf and Human. I've never seen a Lich player reach top 3 especially in an event that focuses on siege.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I was fine with getting 2 random rune stones a day. It felt fair since no one is getting more stones and the type of stones are randomized.

Some of you will say "it will take 3 years to get all stones needed for x and y". Most of us have been playing for almost a year and suddenly we have this new feature and now you want to rush?

friggin money grab

I don't see it as a money grab at all... if your f2p, then be happy picking up two stones a day and enjoy the free entertainment value. If you like the game, why wouldn't you support them by tossing them a few dollars and get some shinny gems out of it. If they just said 'please donate' would you? I doubt it, this is a method to encourage those playing to pay for the entertainment value they want out of it.
LightStorm

Destination

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:15 am

It is fine if you can buy runes for money, but this will probably end up in whales progresssing 2-10 times faster in runes than a normal player which is way too unbalanced.

MaxBT
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 am

It's not 2 - 10 times faster, it's like months/years faster. However, if you lose to money (players), it's life (it's normal).

beadmu
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 am

I never mentioned I was a f2p player. A huge part of the player base especially in the late game are not f2p. Most guys have patron and may have spent on promos and Linari for chests. This was never about being a free-to-play player wanting freebies and not supporting the game financially.

+1 to Destination. I'm surprised he acknowledged my point. I would've assume he would be biased about this sort of thing since he is "working" for Lilith. I still believe that getting rune stones for $$$ is a bad idea and will bring further imbalance. However, it is inevitable so I concede.

City Clash and Honor War-- these events come up every few weeks. It will be more competitive once the update hits and it will be fun fighting for the leaderboards. But I guarantee that the same small set of people playing dwarf or human will win this every event.

Bhaphomet
Baron
Baron

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:00 am

just another nail to an alrdy pretty dead game ...

and a game is always about competition ... but if you can buy your way to the top, then its no "fair" contest ... who wins is determined by who pays most (thus pay to win) - its a legit way to make money ... though a lazy and uncreative way ... you could easily make a game that pays off for you as developer by letting players pay for stuff that doesnt touch the balance of gameplay (see League of legends, wow and others), but it needs a creative dev team and some investment.

these ptw games are mostly garbage (though AoC has a good underlieing idea, which is completely corrupted by a bad monetarization model (bad for the players, for whom these games are made))

I just dont like that all these companies call themselves game pros - who love gaming and just do the games for the players ... lol ... bullshiat ... they simply do it for the money ... and thats why they cant come up with a great concept ...

... just too bad another nice concept corrupted by the urge to make revenue the quick way ...

by the way I also payed for the game - maybe around 500$ - the reason why I dont really want to let go ... aside from the time invested ... but I guess the time has come to say goodbye for good ... will see how this temple/runes shiat pans out ... but looking at the benefits the temple gives and the amount of runes needed ... well ... the signs dont look good

by the way its not all those +15% boni that you can unlock, its the runes itself. they can go up to lvl 13 (+12 runes), means ONE maxed out rune gives you +13% for example army attack or army HP - most runes have 7 to 8 slots over all dieties - that alone amounts to a boost of about 100% ... yeah well ... if your a ftp player better say goodbye now ... cause those 100% come in addition to the hero stats boni ... which alone right now decides about winning or losing a duel ;-)

Lynet
Squire
Squire

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:42 am

1 Whale paying 1000$ or 1000 normal players paying 5$ each? What do you want devs? Do you want me to do the math for you?