darthamul
Squire
Squire

purpose of the wall

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:44 pm

i don't know if i can attack another tower. i fear this is a bug. but if it's not then:
after update today which is april 3, the wall gets more hit point. i just liked it for 1 minute then i saw something.
the attack of other player on 2 3 towers of my city. level 28 tower has about 1200 rare. and one hit the player took it all. so increase wall hit point, what so good about it?
before update my wall has 200k hit point and about 110 garrisons. now 1m2 but does it protect my resources? not that i care because i've always spent all rare outside of warehouse. but somedays i may have alot and how can i go to sleep then.
so if anyone can explain to me about this wall protection i will be grateful.
my level is 34 and my server is quite... empty. so attack mostly on guard towers.
should i start attacking now if it's not a bug?

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Re: purpose of the wall

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 am

It's not a "bug" as they discussed it in the patch notes. I agree, if a player is hoping their low wall hp will send them back to the capital before losing too many resources, they may need to rethink that strategy. Another aspect is Lich resurrection. If researched, undead units killed in the garrison can resurrect 90 percent of the time. So, say you have 1,000 undead garrison troops with 100 deploying each attack, it will take 100 attacks to clear them all lol. Of course, if a number of players from the attacking side have Tiadrin, they can use Purge the Lands repeatedly on this stronghold over time to lessen this possibility of one Lich stronghold effectively "holding" a city with these new super buffed walls lol

darthamul
Squire
Squire

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:21 am

then i think it broke the game. my city have full 20 towers, now every towers is burning. all top players have been farming them. the rest just watch because they do not have the strength to attack full heath towers while the burning one has nothing to loot. while top player get stronger and stronger those do not have strength will quit the game. is that a good thing to do? no resources from looting, no resource from requesting, what else to do? doing quest and void? ah yeah, buy linary.
i see many problems lately, but i still can live with it. now, just bored. but well, that only my opinion.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:50 am

Actually increased wall HP on towers means that you are forced to use siege machines (a lot of them), and since they do more damage now - you will have chance to get a lot of honor.
Also, increased HP was added because high levels abused low HP of their castle to prevent continuous attacks on their stronghold. See, if you have 100k HP wall, you will hardly be the first target to be attacked (especially if you keep your rare resources low).
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

neuro
Baron
Baron

Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:30 am

This game is ridiculous. Now 50% of the wall is repaired in 12 hours. Wall troops heal in 2 or 3 days ... It is not possible to capture cities, it is not possible to steal players' resources ... It is a PVP game and the vendors are those who open more chests or have bought more heroes. ..

Atreus
Squire
Squire

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:25 pm

guys he's talking about the old towers created before the patch. They have LOW wall HP and hence looted easily. New towers do not suffer this.

darthamul
Squire
Squire

Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:47 pm

really. i do not know that. just deployed another one. have to check that out. thank Atreus

Grailyn
Knight
Knight

Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Nope. All towers regardless of HP work this way now.

Atreus
Squire
Squire

Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:28 am

Yeah I take back my comment. Even new towers are looted easily. A bit stupid. I thought loot rate would be based on the wall HP.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:34 pm

the only glitch here is that players wall hp increased as well as the hp of new towers you build from now on, but not the hp of the towers build pre patch. for more wall hp the ratio of wall-damage / loot increased to keep up.

this makes "old" towers very attractive targets, but they will die out rather sooner than later.