SirLolwutz
Knight
Knight

Grimms' Siege Mastery and Rocketeers

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:19 am

Something I have been wondering about for a while..

Grimms' Siege Mastery ability states that it gives a damage bonus to all "Siege Weapons", which naturally would be Cannons and Catapults and their equivalents.

Now, Bombardeers have the ability "Siege Weapon" on their stat card, which labels them as a Siege unit type (just like Tanks are labeled as Mech units).

Does this mean that Bombardeers also benefit from Grimms' Siege Mastery ability? Reason why I am asking is because I have an Underworld Banner and am wondering weither to use it or not.

Hopefully a dev or experienced player can provide me with an answer. Thanks in advance!

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Re: Grimms' Siege Mastery and Rocketeers

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 am

There was long period of time when this skill wasn't even working as described. You will have to test it on empty castle walls with same hp/castle level/race. It also needs a lot of command on Grimm.

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Siege mastery of Grimms works only on siege weapons.
It does NOT affect bombardiers.
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495
House: Icarum, Gods of War

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:15 am

PrinceCharming wrote:
Siege mastery of Grimms works only on siege weapons.
It does NOT affect bombardiers.

We are talking about bombardiers sieging wall here and they are labeled as "Siege Weapon" ....

Its funny that actual siege weapons perk is described as "Siege Mastery" and blasters perk as "Siege weapon" which corresponds 100% to this skill description.

This needs to be tested and confirmed by somebody willing to spend 200 linari for Grimms skill resets...

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:05 am

Why does it need to be confirmed if I received the answer from in-game support? :)
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:18 am

Because they obviously do not play the game or those innacurate description problems would be fixed long ago :roll: I am not the pm screenshot&post type but they been wrong before on more than one occasion :P
While you are still on the vip chat may be ask them why this description says the opposite...

PrinceCharming
Baron
Baron

Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:00 am

Chillblaze wrote:
Because they obviously do not play the game or those innacurate description problems would be fixed long ago :roll: I am not the pm screenshot&post type but they been wrong before on more than one occasion :P
While you are still on the vip chat may be ask them why this description says the opposite...

Now you made me doubt again :D
Server 94
Void - 120, Abyss 495

SirLolwutz
Knight
Knight

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:06 am

This is exactly why I posted this in the first place. Experienced players told me that it does not work but according to the description I really think it should work or was at least intended to be.

So could we please get a fix? Either make it work as it should (if it isn't) or change the description please.

With Gafgar there is a similar issue with his "Mech" upgrade skill and tanks being classified as "Mech" units.

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:32 pm

Chillblaze wrote:

The consensus in my house when this was brought up a while ago was no affect on bombardiers, but I would be very interested in any contrary information or experience as well.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:18 am

The logic tells me that if it affects the Grimms mastery. Killing the troops below the wall is not a big problem, the problem is the archers on the wall. 3 units can kill an entire army. The mastery of grimms has the same effect on rockets as dwarf cannons