HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Limiting Sieges To Tiers Relative To Attackers Stronghold Level

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:43 am

I haven't completely thought through exactly how this would, or even could, work, but rather just floating an idea.

Just to get the conversation started, let's say attackers could only siege strongholds at minus 5 their level or higher. It might add a new dynamic to the game. Houses would want the strongest players at each threshold. It would make the game more team oriented and make less powerful players feel like they are actually contributing more to their house.

I think it would change the basic linear, upgrade-as-fast-as-possible nature of the game. Players would spend more time at the top of each tier, upgrading troops, buildings, research, etc ... rather than upgrade stronghold level at the cost of just about everything else.

Given how long upgrade times are in the later stages of the game, this might make the game more appealing to a wider base of players, especially if the creators of the game raise the current stronghold limit of 40.

I'm sure there are some problems with this that would need to be addressed, but it very well could help extend the longevity of the game and make progression more strategic than it is now.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Re: Limiting Sieges To Tiers Relative To Attackers Stronghold Level

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:13 am

Absurd, ridiculous. People when going to a city must know and be aware of the risks.

In my server, now the houses do not accept players with less than 800k of power.

If you have a lower average level than the other players, do not go to the city, look for someone stronger to protect you, or start on a new server where everyone will have the same level.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:16 am

How would a maxed out house ever clear a city if someone opted to fill it with low level alts?
LightStorm

neuro
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:24 pm

This game consists of fucking people. If you can not fuck them, there's no point in continuing to play. The strongest crush the weakest. There have always been problems, but now the game has been capitalized a lot.

On my server there are players who already have almost all the heros at level 45. This means that they can destroy any garrison because the level of the troops does not increase and the heros are stronger each day.

If all level 40 players can easily be destroyed, there is no point in limiting sieges to the level of people because people are looking for other people to fuck.

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:27 pm

neuro wrote:
This game consists of fucking people. If you can not fuck them, there's no point in continuing to play. The strongest crush the weakest. There have always been problems, but now the game has been capitalized a lot.

On my server there are players who already have almost all the heros at level 45. This means that they can destroy any garrison because the level of the troops does not increase and the heros are stronger each day.

If all level 40 players can easily be destroyed, there is no point in limiting sieges to the level of people because people are looking for other people to fuck.

I was not suggesting this to make the game more fair to lower level players. I floated the idea because I think the game has an inherit lack of longevity. A game designed around a Cannon-Ball-Run type of linear progression has no future ... imho.

I tried to make it clear that I was just "thinking out loud" in my original post to get the conversation started and conceeded there were likely flaws in my suggestion. What changes would you make?

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:37 pm

LightStorm wrote:
How would a maxed out house ever clear a city if someone opted to fill it with low level alts?

This gets back to the changes making the game more team oriented. Now, while whales will still be comically OP in the game, they simply cannot go it alone. They will need other players to accomplish things within the game. This doesn't sound too bad to me.

When I played Clash of Clans, because of the nature of Clan Wars, our clan wanted the best players at Castle Level 9, 10, and 11 (the top three ... at the time at least), in order to achieve the best possible Clan War match-ups. Perhaps something similar can be devised here.

I do absolutely agree that some obvious problems need to be considered, such as having a level 2 stronghold essentially locking down a city simply because no one can attack it, but I'm sure a reasonable solution can be thought of.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:35 pm

a low level player gets defended by a strong one and his city becomes invincible.

neuro
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:49 pm

Increase the looting of resources to 50% or 60% of minerals ... When you are level 40 you do not need to accumulate resources.

Limit the bastion level to 2 or 3 levels of 70% of your heros ... Now there are players who have maybe 2 heros at level 50 and the rest of their heros at level 35.

That divine objects can not appear to you if your heros do not meet the requirements to obtain them.

Increase the time of the guard towers to 72 hours or 104 hours.

Increase the number of potions in the stores of the map and reduce the time of reappearance to 6 hours.

Remove the time reduction from the healing of troops and leave only the reduction of time to the troops of your wall.

Modify the turtle's bonus and be proportional to the level it has.

Penalize players who use shield, attack, and re-use shield. Increase the price of shield after 3 days.

HomerSimpson
Knight
Knight

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:55 am

sunbow wrote:

a low level player gets defended by a strong one and his city becomes invincible.

minus 1? :lol: :lol:

seriously though, you can't think of a solution to this?

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:59 am

Your idea would only work if

Every 10 levels players could graduate to a higher tier server. So... Server 1... Levels 1-10... then when you hit 11, your moved to a server that's 11-20... and so on and so forth. That was, in the top server, there are no low level players or alts or spys to screw with higher level accounts.
LightStorm