sunbow
Baron
Baron

Revenge Link succeeded feature

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:01 am

hi guys,

normally i would just add this into my feedback topic, but it deserves an own thread i think.
my guess is the idea for extending revenge links to (7 and then) 3 days was to allow casual gamers to hit back.

on active servers right now this looks like: share a link with literally every kingdom that can attack the target, break the wall, use the full 3 days to hit every 2-3h again to keep the player below 5%.

i think after a players wall gets zeroed, all revenge links on him should become invalid, since the revenge officially succeeded.
everything else is just a motivation to quit the game.

thoughts?
sun

Kivant
Squire
Squire

Re: Revenge Link succeeded feature

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:42 am

+1

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:12 pm

You can upgrade wall and move back in city quick. Or use wall repair skill, move back in city and ask for defender. You can also attack back with 5hp wall ;)
You can temporary migrate to kingdom allied with the attackers.
Your idea can be easily exploited.
Plunder big target > disband troops > break wall with alt > link becomes invalid ...
or just disband bronze and ask fr to draw out the golds while another one breaks the wall.
I can think of few more exploitation scenarios :)
Good limit will be to share with house and royal council only.

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:11 pm

The revenge should definitely become inactive after the wall is zeroed out. Its just silly that you can wreck on somebody for 3 days or whatever it is... especially now with the daily activity quest for hitting an enemy wall. My house farms the shit out of whoever is dumb enough to hit us just to quickly complete that quest.

sunbow
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Chillblaze wrote:
You can upgrade wall and move back in city quick. Or use wall repair skill, move back in city and ask for defender.

Chillblaze, you seem to not understand the concept of the "end game".
Let me explain it to you:

Your wall is maxed out at 920k hp, so there is no upgrade possible.
To leave the capital you need 5% hp, which is 46k hp and takes 1 day.
You can also use the wall heal skill to get 92k back instantly.

Without a revenge succeeded feature, you will get hit as soon as you get close to 20k.
For full 3 days if you don't attack anything, otherwise longer.

So you basically wait for the heal wall skill to become ready, use the mass heal at the same time and do not release any healed troops until this point as well.
This lets you come back with around 35 healed gold troops.

Sure you can ask for a defense link, but this is pointless:
If the attacker plays catapults it will take 1-2 hits to nuke those 100k wall hp.

Again, late game means attackers will win (unless you get super unlucky with an avalon or virion snipe early).

A backup of 200 additional troops is pointless to some degree, unless mixing troops from different races.

To sum it up: either add this feature or reduce the wall healing time by a lot.

Kivant
Squire
Squire

Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:56 am

Chillblaze just meany that this idea can be exploited but we can have it this way. The revenge links must be isolated from one another. Which means that for this link, the revenge link doesnt work anymore but for other links it still works given that you attack two different targets. So you’ll have two revenge links.