neuro
Baron
Baron

Re: Lilith Intentionally keeping the garisson weak.

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:10 am

If the scorpions die, the spiders also die. Spiders are only useful for killing human troops. If there were more spiders on the wall than scorpions, lich would be very weak.

A troop of silver from the attacker is like a troop of gold from your wall.

LightStorm
Baron
Baron

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 am

I was seriously shocked today... there is a dwarf player with maxed out research who usally goes around and clears any garrison he wants at will. The best garrison might only take out 1 ... maybe 2 of his mechs. Today I saw a garrison take him out completely. It was so amazing to see such a strong player go down that hard that it had to be preserved on the youtube.

LightStorm

neuro
Baron
Baron

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:05 pm

Never attacks a Rankan city that is being protected by another Rankan. The dwarf is an idiot because he also has little firepower (he has used few rockets) and used silver mechs and siege weapons of a lower level than the troops he has attacked.

Grailyn
Knight
Knight

Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 pm

He made several mistakes but those were not any of them. Layout was sound, skill use timing and order was just very bad. Either got lazy and wasn't pay attention close enough or misclicked totally.

YouKnowNothing
Squire
Squire

Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:24 pm

Kivant wrote:
Destination wrote:
The problem is that either you make garrisons harder to break, which will result only in whales being able to break them and not for F2P, or you make them easy to break, which results in everyone being able to break them. You can not balance the game around whales aswell as F2P.

The problem isnt about making garrisons harder to break but how easy it is for whales to destroy other whales without a “single scratch”. Just run humans then go raid with vega and virion. With the healing time reduction, its even easier to raid now. There isnt even a challenge nor strategy in this. They buffed heroes but they didnt buff garrison. How does this make the game balance when you only buff one side (offense and not defense)? Raiding has been a joke recently. As for balancing f2p and p2w player, i dont think there is such thing as balancing the two since p2w players wouldnt even play this game if they will be treated equally with the f2p players right?

Note: Im an f2p player but i buy subscription and patron monthly.

You're right Kivant it is bogus how easy it is for whales to break other whales. I will say though that lich garrisons are the only thing even remotely close to stopping whales from destroying each other. In my server currently there is a whale defended by 2 Lich whales in Hawkspire. He has been roaming around the past couple of days raiding and has 12 million lifetime honor. 6 million higher than the second highest lifetime honor. Hes been able to get away with a lot due to the fact he has all of the heroes with nearly maxed hero stats and gets level 13 borrows from his house. Those who have tried to take him out have failed miserably. Right now the only way to take him out is to use Tiadrin with purge the lands. We hope this will work :)

neuro
Baron
Baron

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 pm

A human with investigated horses, priests, archers, magic resistance of elena to 55% and jaq is capable of destroying any lich garrison. The priests grant immunity to the poison, the troops heal, and the horses have a lot of life, they are few units, and they heal more quickly a greater number of times. The archers provide continuous damage and do not run out of ammo ... The lich defense has little damage per second if there is no acolytes in the garrison with all the damage technology until level 9 and level 11 of the spiders is not finalized.

Mithica
Baron
Baron

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:51 pm

Destination wrote:
The problem is that either you make garrisons harder to break, which will result only in whales being able to break them and not for F2P, or you make them easy to break, which results in everyone being able to break them. You can not balance the game around whales aswell as F2P.

You really want a solution? Here it is: give us the opportunity to make our own defensive formations based on ours and the defending buddy’s units. There will be formation 1 as the first formation you want used, formation 2 in case formation 1 cannot be fielded and so on... Stop giving excuses like “it’s too hard to balance”... I can give this problem to my 10yo son and he will find at least a dozen possible solutions
░░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].
░◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..

Destination

Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:51 am

There will be garrison buffs in the next patch.

Grailyn
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:49 pm

With the heal timing being so low now it's practically free for a defender to heal 2 or 3 times making it very hard for any significant siege to succeed. A half dozen defenders can typically fight off 30-40 attackers. Defenders lose nothing when they lose and attackers typical lose a few troops even when they win. Doesn't take long for attackers to run out of spares and have to stop and wait a few days for build time.

The map has already stagnated with city sieges to capture cities becoming harder and harder and now nearly impossible. Only way to take a city now is to wait until the middle of the night and try to cap it in <10 minutes. Not the 2-4 hour massive pitched siege battles we had before. Seems clear they don't want cities to hardly ever change hands by force. Only politics and late night thievery work now.

Chillblaze
Baron
Baron

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:51 am

Grailyn wrote:
Seems clear they don't want cities to hardly ever change hands by force. Only politics and late night thievery work now.

Well said... I miss the sniping days when stealing a giant could turn the game around 8-) Now captures are boring and easily predictable.