Kivant
Squire
Squire

Re: Lilith Intentionally keeping the garisson weak.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 am

Garrison heal time has been reduced but the heal time for non garrison troops has also been reduced.. which means that they just cancel each other out. They should have limit the heal time reduction to only for garrison troops if they really plan on making a stronger defense but they didnt.

tonzkie04
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:47 am

Kivant wrote:
Garrison heal time has been reduced but the heal time for non garrison troops has also been reduced.. which means that they just cancel each other out. They should have limit the heal time reduction to only for garrison troops if they really plan on making a stronger defense but they didnt.

Production time is still long, sometimes random backline troop gets sniped by wall units also the previous added house skills.

Destination

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:50 am

Kivant wrote:
Destination wrote:
The problem is that either you make garrisons harder to break, which will result only in whales being able to break them and not for F2P, or you make them easy to break, which results in everyone being able to break them. You can not balance the game around whales aswell as F2P.

The problem isnt about making garrisons harder to break but how easy it is for whales to destroy other whales without a “single scratch”. Just run humans then go raid with vega and virion. With the healing time reduction, its even easier to raid now. There isnt even a challenge nor strategy in this. They buffed heroes but they didnt buff garrison. How does this make the game balance when you only buff one side (offense and not defense)? Raiding has been a joke recently. As for balancing f2p and p2w player, i dont think there is such thing as balancing the two since p2w players wouldnt even play this game if they will be treated equally with the f2p players right?

Note: Im an f2p player but i buy subscription and patron monthly.

The thing is that everyone can get a decent defense, also F2P, maybe not the same number whales have, but you can get equal research(atleast the research that matters), but it is really hard to get the same amount of troops and the Heros a whale has. Which means if you make it harder for whales to kill the garrison of other whales that means that it will be impossible for F2P to siege at all. I also dont think you can balance F2P and P2W with how the game is right now, but i think it is better if F2P is also able to do things.

Zer0C001
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:53 pm

I think if there was a feature for formation presets in garrison and either heroes deploy or garrison specific research that could be really helpful. For instance lich should have a research that lowers moral of attackers in addition another research that rezzes skeles during battle not just after or from mummies or eclipse type research. human should have research for very high moral health increase and attack speed. Dwarf can have salvage research or increase chance of unit repair as well as increased ammo capacity(more then what current research does). Maybe more health for mecs then whats there.

Destination

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Formation presets would be absolutely broken, there is no way someone breaks a garrison with 5 gold scorps infront and 12 spiders behind..

Grailyn
Knight
Knight

Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 pm

That would actually be fairly easy. Right now we often get ~6 gold scoprs and ~10 gold spiders and can beat it even using silver mechs much less bringing gold ones.

Max tech and on desert you would likely take some decent losses unless you had the gold mechs where again it would be fairly easy.

Bobby
Baron
Baron

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:12 pm

Destination wrote:
Formation presets would be absolutely broken, there is no way someone breaks a garrison with 5 gold scorps infront and 12 spiders behind..

It would be 14 spiders but they dont do much vs mech. anyway i would rather go 10 scorps or 8 scorps 2 skeletons and 7 spiders on backline

Sargon
Baron
Baron

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Destination wrote:

Right but liliths answer is to put 12 spiders in front and 5 scorps behind due to stupid game logic lol. This is equally as ridiculously easy to kill. With how powerful level 50 heros are, a perfect lich defense can probably be broken atm, but nobody attacks on 17-33 so i cant say that I have seen one in a while.

I think a maxed level garrison should be costly but not impossible for a maxed level attacker to break. The first wave of all gold defense should fall, but cause (making this up) roughly 35% -50% hospital rate to the attacking army. The second or third attack on pure golds w/ research should eventually break the attacker. Obviously these numbers are arbitrary, but i don't think that a maxed out attacker should be able to clear a maxed wall for free, or not be able to clear it at all. There should be a middle ground. butttt we have decided to reduce hospital rates to virtually nothing, so now rush and the house skill easily let an attacker pummel a wall back to back to back until it breaks and they get the resources to replace their 5 dead swordsman.

Regardless, it now seems like the game is just a pve grinder where we trade cities and nobody really attacks. The one guy that does attack gets zeroed within a few minutes and quits.

Kivant
Squire
Squire

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:01 am

There are two versions for lich garrison. One uses priest and scorps while the other one uses skellies. The one with priest is way lot tougher for dwarf. There will always be loses when using dwarf. You need humans to break this. As for the other build, you need dwarf to break it.

Kivant
Squire
Squire

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:04 am

Anyways, speaking of defense, there should be at least some resistance in garrison.right now there isnt “any” resistance at all. The opponent can easily destroy anything at equal level with his/her troops with little (1-3 injurable troops) to no loss. its basiclaly like hitting an empty wall.